Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Super saucy pixie!

Bare Minerals Q for the fair folks

I'm new to the world of Bare Minerals (loving them BTW) but I am extremely fair and have very blonde hair and blue eyes and historically have always had a very difficult time choosing colors that worked. Everything goes on too dark (and I'm really not into the Paris Hilton or street whore look) I'd like to see what BM has to offer for me but as there is not a store (or even a Sephora) around me, I thought perhaps some of you might be as fair as I am and could recommend some colors of their blushes/eyeshadows/lipsticks. I like to keep it natural. Please help!
    Thanks and Happy Holidays!

• no flash photography...

Re: Bare Minerals Q for the fair folks

well, I'm blonde and fair, but I also wear alot of makeup so I may fall into the paris hilton street whore look..

• Super saucy pixie!

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe
    well, I'm blonde and fair, but I also wear alot of makeup so I may fall into the paris hilton street whore look..
    OMG no, totally didn't mean it like that! Just don't want to authentically "put on the red light" as Sting would say...
    When I say light I mean really light, most makeup looks like paint on me.

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries

the fair starter kit worked pretty well for me and I am VERY fair. The colors were still a little dark, but they have a foundation that is lighter than the two in the kit. As far as natural colors go, I like Glee as a blush. I haven't really tried their eyeshadows, but the warmth has worked really well for me to add color and dimension to my face. My problem with liquid foundation is that it made me look like a china doll, but the BM looks much more natural for fair faces. I have dark brown hair and eyes, so I guess I can't really help with that aspect.

Almay makes eyeshadow kits that match your eyes- the combinations look really nice together. I would check one of those out if you need ideas for natural looking eye colors.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• Prefect

Blog Entries

the good thing about BM is that the colors go on softly. it's really hard to overdo the color with BM.

you might like the glimmers to use as a blush. 2 soft colors i like are "bare skin" & "true." "nude beach" is a great eyeshadow base color.
    <o>

• Super saucy pixie!

Quote Originally Posted by dramaqueen
    the fair starter kit worked pretty well for me and I am VERY fair. The colors were still a little dark, but they have a foundation that is lighter than the two in the kit. As far as natural colors go, I like Glee as a blush. I haven't really tried their eyeshadows, but the warmth has worked really well for me to add color and dimension to my face. My problem with liquid foundation is that it made me look like a china doll, but the BM looks much more natural for fair faces. I have dark brown hair and eyes, so I guess I can't really help with that aspect.

Almay makes eyeshadow kits that match your eyes- the combinations look really nice together. I would check one of those out if you need ideas for natural looking eye colors.
    Yeah, I found I had to do that. I had to go with the lightest they make which works better. Thanks so much for the advice! I've had my eye on Glee!

• Super saucy pixie!

Quote Originally Posted by pixie chick
    the good thing about BM is that the colors go on softly. it's really hard to overdo the color with BM.

you might like the glimmers to use as a blush. 2 soft colors i like are "bare skin" & "true." "nude beach" is a great eyeshadow base color.
    You guys are so helpful! Thanks so much!

I use the lightest color in the fair/fairly light starter kit. As for eyeshadow, for daily use I'm using benefit browns, They came in a magnetic case and there are three shadows in it. I've been using coffe bean BM eyeliner wet, and bad gorl black mascara. The blush i use is bm true. I also use bm eye brow kit. Thats just for daily work make-up. When I have more time I start layer colors. I experiment and it just depends on my mood. Glee was a bit dark for me, but I do wear it sometimes..

When I was in sephora once I had my back to the benefit make-up girl when she came up to me and said, "we have two chairs waiting for you ladies if you want a make over." I turned arouns and she said, "OH, did you already have one?"....Thats when I started thinking I may waer alot of make-up, but I'm not a tammy faye baker....LOL....unless I'm in denial...LOL

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I have the "Bare Skin" glimmer and "True" face color. I use them both as eye shadows but sometimes I use True as a blush. I have dark hair and dark brown eyes though. My skin is somewhat fair when I don't have a tan. Right now I'm using the foundation in Medium and then add Warmth to give me a sun-kissed look to match what's left of my slowly fading tan.

• Super saucy pixie!

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe
    I use the lightest color in the fair/fairly light starter kit. As for eyeshadow, for daily use I'm using benefit browns, They came in a magnetic case and there are three shadows in it. I've been using coffe bean BM eyeliner wet, and bad gorl black mascara. The blush i use is bm true. I also use bm eye brow kit. Thats just for daily work make-up. When I have more time I start layer colors. I experiment and it just depends on my mood. Glee was a bit dark for me, but I do wear it sometimes..

When I was in sephora once I had my back to the benefit make-up girl when she came up to me and said, "we have two chairs waiting for you ladies if you want a make over." I turned arouns and she said, "OH, did you already have one?"....Thats when I started thinking I may waer alot of make-up, but I'm not a tammy faye baker....LOL....unless I'm in denial...LOL
    Doesn't sound like you wear too much to me! I'm sure you look great!

Thanks again everyone for the advice! You've been so helpful!

• The answer is 42

I too am very fair...I just look at a sunny day & start to burn. I use one of the lighter shades of Bare Minerals and I just got the Gift of Giving (currently available at Sephora online as well as in the store). I'm having a ball trying new products for a great price. Trudy is a great all-over face color, but I've found that I have to either just use it on my cheeks, or be very careful with it all over due to the fair complexion. I do love the Thank You eyeshadow though...you just can't go wrong with this fabulous neutral. For under $50, I think this is a great way to try some other BE products.
    Duct tape is like The Force. It has a dark side & a light side and it binds the Universe together.

I use the fair foundation (1/3) with the mineral veil (2/3).

Quote Originally Posted by MousEarz
    I too am very fair...I just look at a sunny day & start to burn. I use one of the lighter shades of Bare Minerals and I just got the Gift of Giving (currently available at Sephora online as well as in the store). I'm having a ball trying new products for a great price. Trudy is a great all-over face color, but I've found that I have to either just use it on my cheeks, or be very careful with it all over due to the fair complexion. I do love the Thank You eyeshadow though...you just can't go wrong with this fabulous neutral. For under $50, I think this is a great way to try some other BE products.
    I just got this kit as well. I ahven't tried it yet, but the samples are tiny...LOL..anyway, I can't wait to try the well lit.......

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

The samples might be tiny, but a little goes a loooong way.

Quote Originally Posted by aimster
    The samples might be tiny, but a little goes a loooong way.
    I totally agree. I just hate trying to fit the brushes in the tiny lids...LOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast