Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• Original Mice-Chatter

Cas the Basket Case- as per usual these days

Many of you know of the Davis drama-
    The Braden drama-
    and the Cas has money trouble drama-

Well- here is the new chapter:

On Friday I went out for lunch- just a quick trip to McDonalds. I saw this guy across the room, and I thought he looked awfully familiar. He turns around- and it's my ex- Rose's dad.

OMG

So I call his name- and he comes over and I tell him I'm glad to run into him- that I have been wanting to get in touch with him. He acts all suspicious- but I tell him it's just to keep in touch about Rose.

So- we walk out, and exchange info. Now I have his address and phone number and he drives a company truck- so I have the name of his employer as well.

Boo yah!

We have a nice chat about how things are- and then I bravely broach the subject of support. He says he is sorry for the months he has missed, that he has plans to make more money and make sure that does not keep happening- and I ask if we can now keep in touch about the money. If it will be late etc- and he says oh yeah....but I did not dare ask about December. I did not want to push it-

I also spoke to him about finally meeting Rose- and he was interested but non-committal. He said he would call-

So far- he has not. Yes, some would say- it's only been two days- well you know what, it's been almost 6 years. You would think that someone who wanted to see their little girl would have jumped on the phone to make those arrangements- but no.

Rose was thrilled to hear I had seen him- she wanted to call him. I said that's not a good idea right now- so she drew him a picture and we mailed it with a couple of pics from last year.

He should get them today or tomorrow- and will he respond? Who knows.

I left a message for him today saying it was nice to see him, called to say hi, and ask about December's payment- holidays are coming and I would like to be prepared for it to arrive- I'm looking forward to working together better in the future- hope to hear from you soon- BYE....very nice message. I was shaking like a leaf the whole time.

Bottom line- if he fails to respond to her, and if he fails to respond to me- I'll simply garnish his wages. I'm fighting for Rose- and if he blows it- to hell with him.

One thing I worry about- his mother, who uses him as a replacement husband/best friend as well as son- may intercept the letter and the message- if I have not heard from him by the end of the week- I will be writing again and sending it certified. Not that that guarantees he gets it- but there is a slightly better chance.

I'm a basket case about it- because I am trying to do what is best and right for Rose and my brain and heart just hurt with this new turn of events-

I just wish that for once things could be easy-

• Man O Lantern

Re: Cas the Basket Case- as per usual these days

Wow, Cas, I think you have yourself a little Christmas miracle.....I hope he wants to have a relationship with Rose (if you really want him to, and it seems you do) and if he doesn't, that he leaves well enough alone and doesn't hurt her. That would break my heart from here.

I have goosebumps.

Could you send him a letter to his work address if you find he isn't getting his mail? Just a thought.

Well, if he doesn't pay up automatically, at least now you know where he is and you can get your support finally! I'm really excited for you. I know how frustrating that situation has been.

Let us know how things go....

~Claire

• Original Mice-Chatter

I am totally kicking myself-

He was driving his company truck- and I was so rattled I did not write down the name of the company. I thought I knew it- but when I went into the directory to find it- no go.

I have to find out somehow- but the question is how?

If he does not answer the letter from Rose-and does not respond to my message today- what way do I have to find out?

The chances of running into him again are slim to none-do I let dad do it, since he's the lawyer?

I am really ticked off at myself for failing to write it down as soon as possible on Friday.

• Banned User

ok, well you got him, he is working and guess what? the child suport office can run it down in a heart beat thru the social security number ( unless he is under the table. ) do you have the work number? maybe you can get his work place thru there? girl good luck. I will be prayng you get money from this dead beat dad!!
    my daughter's father owes her as of today .....got to go look be right back
    22 thousand dollars. I go to the child suport web site and check it ou often good luck sweetie!!

• Original Mice-Chatter

Good points-

If it comes to it- Dad will know how to get him with the info I have.

The thing is this- he only misses once or twice a year- to be honest he does try- BUT- because of a total lack of communication (til now) I had no way to follow up. Now I do- and I am freaked out.

I should not be- but dealing with him makes me uptight- maybe because right now there is still so much in the air.

• Island Paradise

to you. You certainly sound like you doing right by your daughter!

Good for you!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Nephythys
    Good points-

If it comes to it- Dad will know how to get him with the info I have.

The thing is this- he only misses once or twice a year- to be honest he does try- BUT- because of a total lack of communication (til now) I had no way to follow up. Now I do- and I am freaked out.

I should not be- but dealing with him makes me uptight- maybe because right now there is still so much in the air.
    does your chld suport office not take it out of his checks? if so he can not miss payment. your lucky, so many of us never see a dime. my son and his egg donor both owe me a ton, neither of them pay very often and if they do its like 43.00 from her and the last 5 times it was 8.86 from him , enough to but the family a few pizza's . both are so lame!!

• Original Mice-Chatter

No garnishment right now- that is why I am so ticked off that I allowed myself to get all flustered and not write down the name of the company.

Hopefully he will contact me at some point- otherwise I will have to make it a legal issue.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

Nephythys - I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. I'm amazed at how you managed to get any info at all - I probably would have freaked and forget just about everything.
    I hope this works out for Rose. I hope he wants to see/meet his daughter and have some kind of relationship. It truly would be a wonderful Christmas present.

I can't imagine having a kid and not wanting to be in their life. Hopefully the deadbeat will pay up and will actually be a good daddy to Rose.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Waiting for the stork

all in all this sounds like good news...
    You found him...and what a way to find him...

you have his address and #...That's fantastic.

now the work name...don't knock yourself out about it..it will come to you when you least expect it....you'll be watching TV an an add will come up, or you'll be drifting off to sleep and it will just pop in your head...

right it down immediatly, even if it's not perfect the first time, it will open a door and you will get it, You've come this far darlin' you'll get it.

this is fantastic news
    procrastibating

• Original Mice-Chatter

*update*

He called as I was leaving work and we talked all the way home-

He sent the check-

He wants to see Rose before he leaves for the family holiday in IL- and he asked what she likes- so clearly he plans to get her a Christmas gift.

I'm floored-and I was almost in tears on the phone.

I asked him why- when 4 years ago he told me he thought he would fail as a father so he did not even want to try- why did he change his mind. He said that he has her on his mind every day- and when you think of someone all the time and have no face to relate to them- it starts to eat away at you.

He said when he got back to work on Friday he just sat and stared- and when he told his mom, he cried.

Rose is so excited-and a little nervous. He left a message at home as well so she heard him for the first time too.

The message he left was not unfriendly but was about the money- and as important as that is (and it is!) I hope he also knows that the happiness my little girl can gain from knowing her dad is much more important.

I'm just awed by this turn of events- and though I am still, naturally, nervous- I have great hope for this to work out for us all.

We plan to meet at a McDonalds- that way Rose can go play when she gets overwhelmed, and we can talk in semi quiet (compared to say- Chuck E Cheese) Too bad I am not at Disneyland huh?

He said he was going to call me tomorrow and might even say hi to Rose.

Just...wow

• And, THEN she said...

good for you...at least you have a jumping off point if all else fail to nail him..your dad can probably do quite a bit with what you did get..dont sweat the company name..I would have done the same thing..and forgot..

hang in there, i hope you NAIL his sorry butt and Im really hoping he doesnt hurt rose..good luck let us know how it goes Im keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you!

• And, THEN she said...

omg WHHOO HOO i didnt see this we must have posted at the same time! i am SOOO HAPPY FOR YOU! looks like christmas miracles still happen in the world and Im SO glad it got to happen to someone I consider a friend!!!

**does MAJOR Pee Wee herman tequila happy dance**

• Original Mice-Chatter

I am flat out overwhelmed.

Obviously I take it slow- one step at a time. When he gets back from the trip we will likely make plans to meet again. Maybe for her birthday.

It does seem like something more than just coincidence doesn't it.

It has made this season much brighter- not only will I make it financially- but this is a start to a whole new world of people who will love Rosie. That can't hurt-

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast