Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

Red Face Could I be pregnant?

So here the details:

-2 weeks ago I was late to take my pill but only by 4 hours
    -Tuesday I started spotting but my period isn't due for another week (next Tuesday)
    -Last night my breasts started to ache like I was on my period but its way too early.
    -I've never spotted before on the pill

I have searched online about spotting early in your thrid week of your cycle and its said possiblity implantation bleeding or from a doc visit. I haven't been to the doctor but the spotting has been very light but for the past 2 days now. I would like to know from actual women who have gone through pregnancy. I don't want to talk to my mom becuase she would get her hopes up but I don't want to mention this to my husband in case its not true. I really want to just go out and get a test but I think it still may be too early.

What do you think?

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Re: Could I be pregnant?

Buy a cheap prenancy test. Much easier than guessing.

• Banned User

I would but I am afraid to buy it too early and it would come out negative only becuase I don't have that hormone bulit up yet. I will in a week if I don't get a period by then.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Smart move! I hope you get what you want...one way or the other. LOL!

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

That's how it started several times for my wife (except the skipping the pill by four hours part). Just to be safe, stay away from wine and whatnot for a few days, and for what it's worth, if I was married to you, I'd want to know, whether it turns out to be a pregnancy or not. Whether you're anxious or excited or feeling any other emotion, if you have a great husband, he probably wants to go through it with you.
    Fight On! Beat the Red Wolves!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

[None]
    The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

Maybe call your doctor's office?
    Are there any other reasons your pill wouldn't have worked? I don't think that taking it 4 hours late would be cause for alarm but there are other things, like taking antibiotics that would cause it not to work.
    I wouldn't waste money on a pregnancy test if you aren't late yet.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by daffodilklown View Post
    I wouldn't waste money on a pregnancy test if you aren't late yet.
    I have one at home just in case, but why I feel cautious is becuase this hasnt happened to me before. I did make an appt with my doctor, pregnant or not this isnt normal for my body

---------- Post added 11-17-2011 at 12:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by steamboatpete View Post
    for what it's worth, if I was married to you, I'd want to know, whether it turns out to be a pregnancy or not. Whether you're anxious or excited or feeling any other emotion, if you have a great husband, he probably wants to go through it with you.
    I am thinking of talking to him tonight, we want kids but this would be a surprise and luckily were insured but its still a big step from where we are now.

Quote Originally Posted by winder*wonder View Post
    I have one at home just in case, but why I feel cautious is becuase this hasnt happened to me before. I did make an appt with my doctor, pregnant or not this isnt normal for my body.
    Always a good ides:-)

Oops, idea
    Last edited by daffodilklown; 11-17-2011 at 12:35 PM. Reason: correction

• Sock Puppet

So here the details:

-2 weeks ago I was late to take my pill but only by 4 hours
    -Tuesday I started spotting but my period isn't due for another week (next Tuesday)
    -Last night my breasts started to ache like I was on my period but its way too early.
    -I've never spotted before on the pill

I have searched online about spotting early in your thrid week of your cycle and its said possiblity implantation bleeding or from a doc visit. I haven't been to the doctor but the spotting has been very light but for the past 2 days now. I would like to know from actual women who have gone through pregnancy. I don't want to talk to my mom becuase she would get her hopes up but I don't want to mention this to my husband in case its not true. I really want to just go out and get a test but I think it still may be too early.

What do you think?
    Skip the test, go to the doctor, you could be having hormone changes and the spotting is just a cause of that. I don't what your age is. But i would just go see the doctor, because you could be pregnant and have a tubal pregnancy.. or just be naturally late on your period.. or since you got spotting there could be something else wrong.

But if you want to get a home test, do it if it's going to make you feel better and don't want to fork out the money for doctors office...

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Poisonedapples View Post
    Skip the test, go to the doctor, you could be having hormone changes and the spotting is just a cause of that. I don't what your age is. But i would just go see the doctor, because you could be pregnant and have a tubal pregnancy.. or just be naturally late on your period.. or since you got spotting there could be something else wrong.

But if you want to get a home test, do it if it's going to make you feel better and don't want to fork out the money for doctors office...

I am in my early 20's and have been on this birth control for over a year and ahalf. I did consider those two options. I have a doc appt. set up for early next week. I hope not the tublar pregnacy. I have done little research about it but i do know its dangerous. :/

• Sock Puppet

I am in my early 20's and have been on this birth control for over a year and ahalf. I did consider those two options. I have a doc appt. set up for early next week. I hope not the tublar pregnacy. I have done little research about it but i do know its dangerous. :/
    Yes.It is very dangerous.But dont' scare yourself into a dizzy until youget to the doctor and they check you out! Carefull with certain BC'salso, some are not all that great! They cause high blood pressureetc, I was on one that did that, it made me very sick, I even was inthe hospitol once due to it..so I had to be taken off it and so myonly other option, since every BC I had tried make me in somewaysick,was to have my tubes tied.So at 31 I did. I am 32. But goodluckand congrads anyway if you are! And I would tell your hubby what isgoing on as soon as possible, he has a right to know!

Could Be possible so yeah i would stick with ur plan

Being 4 hrs late on taking the pill increases the pregnancy margin error by about 25%. I took a human sexuality course in college this past semester and for the pill to be 92-99.7% effective (as on the box) if taken CORRECTLY within ONE to TWO hours each day. Any more than that and you risk pregnancy. Each pill only covers 24 hours, so during those 4 hours that you forgot to take the pill, you could have gotten pregnant.

It's good that you have a doctor's appointment set up. I wish you the best of luck!

• A Weather Eye Open

Sounds like you have a good plan. For these first few days it is just a waiting game! Hope you get what you want as well!

I also agree that your husband might want to go through this with you, even if you don't know for sure or even think it's just a really small chance. That's why you married him, to do stuff together as a team even if it is worry about the unknown together, right? I am happy to read that you two are pretty much prepared for either way the situation could go.

And lesson be learned to all those ladies and gents who are for sure not ready for a baby, those few hours of taking the pill incorrectly CAN make a huge difference in how safe you are. If it is not time for you to be mommies and daddies, everyone remember to take your hormones EXACTLY as instructed AND use 2 forms of BC!
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

This is a post from NOV that was bumped up... curious minds want to know if you re or not
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast