Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

• That's Hawt

Re: Ex-boyfriends....do you still keep in touch with any?

I do keep in touch with many of my ex's.

I am still very close to Ryan to the point that we talk weekly. (For those of you who don't know he broke up with me because he was diagnosed with HIV and didn't want to hurt me)

I actually work with one of my ex's, Joey, very closely on a community outreach program at the highschool ... it isn't too bad, we're both still very friendly and occasionally go to Starbucks.

I am best friends with my first ex, Meg. She and I dated for three years in High School and we are still very close. Without here I don't know where I would be today.

So, the answer is yep.
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by mistyisjafo
    Wow so many crazy stories about ex's! Wish Buttercup would share but I totally understand that you don't want to. And SG!!! That's crazy that you have to work with your ex. I'd probably just quit.
    Okay. Since so many of you have been so brave, I will share my story. (I apolgize to the 12 people or so who may have already read it)

My ex-boyfriend who I'll call Joe was my husband's best friend in high school and roommate in college. I dated Joe and my husband dated my roommate and the four of us used to double date. But Joe and I knew our relationship wasn't heading toward marriage and my husband and his girlfriend knew their relationship wasn't heading toward marriage so the romances ended, but the friendships remained. Then one day , after being friends for 3 years , it dawned on my husband and me that we were in love ,so here we are still very happily married 18 years later.

Joe has never married because he's the eternal bachelor type. But lately he's gotten pretty serious with his current girlfriend and she wants him to marry her. The four of us went dancing last week and while we were at the table having drinks, she blurted out "If something happened to Ken , Joe would come running to you and want to marry you." It was a really awkward moment and made us all really uncomfortable. I ended up saying something along the lines of "No, Joe and I are platonic friends and we love each other but are not in love with each other and even if God forbid something did happen to my husband , joe and I would not get married because we don't have a physical attraction or a spiritual connection ."

I'm not exactly sure why she said what she did , but if it's because she was feeling insecure about their relationship or questioning our relationship, I guess it was good that she said something. But I had this terrible moment of thinking "What if he thinks that too which is why he's remained friends with us all these years and not gotten married yet?" I certainly hope not! As I said before, I was just really flabbergasted!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Buttercup
    Okay. Since so many of you have been so brave, I will share my story. (I apolgize to the 12 people or so who may have already read it)

My ex-boyfriend who I'll call Joe was my husband's best friend in high school and roommate in college. I dated Joe and my husband dated my roommate and the four of us used to double date. But Joe and I knew our relationship wasn't heading toward marriage and my husband and his girlfriend knew their relationship wasn't heading toward marriage so the romances ended, but the friendships remained. Then one day , after being friends for 3 years , it dawned on my husband and me that we were in love ,so here we are still very happily married 18 years later.

Joe has never married because he's the eternal bachelor type. But lately he's gotten pretty serious with his current girlfriend and she wants him to marry her. The four of us went dancing last week and while we were at the table having drinks, she blurted out "If something happened to Ken , Joe would come running to you and want to marry you." It was a really awkward moment and made us all really uncomfortable. I ended up saying something along the lines of "No, Joe and I are platonic friends and we love each other but are not in love with each other and even if God forbid something did happen to my husband , joe and I would not get married because we don't have a physical attraction or a spiritual connection ."

I'm not exactly sure why she said what she did , but if it's because she was feeling insecure about their relationship or questioning our relationship, I guess it was good that she said something. But I had this terrible moment of thinking "What if he thinks that too which is why he's remained friends with us all these years and not gotten married yet?" I certainly hope not! As I said before, I was just really flabbergasted!
    Goodness!

Well, sounds to me like the girlfriend was just insecure...and well, drinks are drinks.

I say don't worry about it too much for now, if there are more signs pointing in that odd direction, something should be said or done. But you're married, and that's that.

Really I would not want to hear about your ex boyfriends. It is just so dumb!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Quote Originally Posted by Lindzie1
    Really I would not want to hear about your ex boyfriends. It is just so dumb!
    Then why did you enter the thread?

• pronounced, Casey Jr. 1

I dont keep in touch with any of my ex's. But I do want to with one

Quote Originally Posted by TinkPink
    OMG- crazy. Me too!

I have two serious exes, and one slightly serious one. I know where two are and pretty much all that is happening in their lives, but only from other people I still keep in touch with. I have amiable relationships with all of them and if I ran into them, it would be friendly and no biggie. I tried to stay friends with one, but for awhile he still had very strong feelings for me and I was with my now husband. Later, I tried again since we shared so many of the same friends. But my husband didn't like it and I decided anyway that it is better to just let sleeping dogs lie and leave it all in the past. So I haven't heard from any of them in several years.
    Why would you ppl cus and anyways there are some kids on these forums!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by pixywingz
    so..in freshman year my son talks allll year long about this 'cool new kid in school' very quickly becomes my sons new best friend...hanging out...talking on phone....you name it. so......... i'm working at the bookfair..this kid comes in w/ my son & i couldn't take my eyes off of him, he looked realllly familiar. find out later he was my 1st love's son!
    how WEIRD is that???

and my 2nd serious boyfriend...now is my daughters drum teacher, & his wife and I are close friends!
    OMG! That is really weird. Just one question though-
    Does your son know about this?????????

• Give Peace a Chance

Can't say that I keep in touch with any ex's, I've been married 20 years, and haven't always lived in Ca.. Occasionally I run into someone I used to date, when it happens, it is no big deal, the conversation is kinda boring really:
    "Hi, how have you been?"
    "Fine, you?"
    ~ MickeysGirl șoș
    ~ Gotta Love the Mouse! șoș

One of my best friends is my ex-boyfriend. He lives in So Cal and I live in Nor Cal, but we talk on the phone almost every night!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234