What do you use for skin care, hair care and makeup?
Alright ladies, it's the annual spring cleaning of all of my beauty products in the bathroom. Since I have to replace a lot of stuff, I thought I'd ask what you use and if you like what you're using. I will be going to Sephora and getting a "makeover" done in about a month, so I thought that when I do go in there, I'd be armed with some questions about specific products. :D
A lot of the stuff I have right now I've been using since I was a teenager :o , but I'm finding my skin and hair is changing (getting dryer) so I'm needing to switch up some of my products.
Right now here is what I use:
- Clean and Clear Oil-Free Daily Cleanser - I love the clean feeling I get, but it's really drying out my skin... I need to find something else, quickly!
- My moisturizer is St. Ives body lotion :o - I know... it's super bad, I have to switch to a real moisturizer.
- Foundation: Revlon Colorstay - I love this stuff because it stays on my face, I have a super uneven skin tone and this helps even it out. However, it is super thick and if you don't use it properly, it looks like a mask. Any suggestions on good coverage foundation is appreciated!
- Concealer: Maybelline Coverstick - I like this stuff as well, but it doesn't stay put on my face sometimes.
- Mascara: Maybelline Great Lash Waterproof Mascara - I don't know if I'll ever switch from this brand... unless I find something that gives me incredibly soft and great looking lashes.
- Eyeliner: Loreal Lineur Intense - This is where I'm really looking to switch it up. For years I've used liquid liner, but I'm getting tired of it.
- Eyeshadow: MAC - I really like the velvety feel of MAC, but I find it does not stay on my eyelid... it ends up underneath my eye sometimes.
- Eyebrow Pencil - Maybelline Expert Eyes - I love how this stuff never comes off unless I rub it off (I have NO eyebrows) but I'd like something that looks a bit more natural, does anyone use powder?
- Blush - Benetint by Benefit - I LOVE the color this gives. I have a hard time as hell finding blush and this really suits my coloring.
- Bronzer - Hoola by Benefit - I'm still deciding on whether or not I like this stuff. It's super hard to blend in, but the color it gives is great.
- Lipstick - None... - I sometimes use Chapstick, but that's about it. I don't like the feeling lipstick gives, but I really need to start wearing it for the color. I also have a really hard time matching my skintone.
- Shampoo - Thermasilk - Just started using this stuff and I really like it so far. My hair is super dry and it's helping a bit with that.
- Conditioner - Kirkland Hawaiian Ginger :o - I have super fine hair, so I can't use really heavy conditioners, even though my hair needs it... this one is doing an okay job.
- Styling Aid - Biosilk Silk Therapy - I SWEAR by this stuff. If I didn't use it, my hair would look like crap all the time. It makes your hair so soft and shiny it's amazing!
So there's all of my beauty products in a nutshell. As you can see, a lot of it is drugstore stuff and now that my husband is out of school, I can afford to start shopping at the more expensive places (watch out Sephora!). Thanks in advance ladies for all of your suggestions! :bow: