Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

My scary night/Everything is OK now!

Earlier today, my 17 year old daughters asked if they could go to the mall after school and I told them that was fine . Around 5 pm, the phone kept ringing and I could tell one of them was trying to make a collect call, but she couldn't get through to me. They both have cell phones so I called both phones, but neither of them answered. I started getting really worried so I called the operetor and asked if he could tell me where the phone call was coming from but he said no. Right after that I got another phone call and it was the police!!!! My first thought was "Oh my God, they had an accident." But he said no, there was a problem and it was that my daughter Brittany had gone to get a soda at one place and my other daughter had told her she was going to go across the street to get something but then she never came back and it had been two hours since she had seen her! I just about had a heart attack on the spot. I called my husband and he went straight to the mall to look for her and I drove to where my daughter Brittany was. When I got there, thank God the first person I saw was Courtney or I probably would have fainted. She had shown up about 10 minutes after the police called me. What had happened was that she had gone across the street to talk to an army recruiter and had ended up taking a test and then talking to him and she didn't realize how much time had gone by. She felt really really bad and poor Brittany was totally traumatized by the whole thing because she thought something terrible had happened and that it was her fault for letting Courtney go alone across the street. I, of course , was thinking the worst the whole time I didn't know where she was ....I probably aged 10 years and got 20 new gray hairs. But they are both home safe and sound now with me and I'm not letting them out of my sight for the next 20 years!

Whew! What a week it's been!

Anyone else ever had a scary experience like that with your kids?

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Re: My scary night

OMG how scary!!!
    I'm so glad they are both okay though

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Scheez P.B., you really got my heart to stop for a second after you said your daughter was missing. It scared me for a few seconds. Glad she is all right.

• My cuties!

Oh boy!! How scary for you!! I am so glad it all turned out okay.

The scariest experience I've had yet was last spring. We were all outside and then Jared (not yet 3) disappeared. Freaked me out! My husband and I were running all over the front and back yard calling for him (we live on an acre and have a huge ravine that goes to a dry creek bed behind our house). Ends up the kid was in the house in our bedroom watching TV; he had come back inside without us knowing.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

oMG PB- that is so awful! I am so glad she is okay. I think I would have had a heart attack for sure!
    Last edited by TinkPink; 01-13-2006 at 09:00 PM.
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

OH my goodness! How scary! I'm SOOOO glad they are both alright.

Horrible feeling, I'm so sorry you had to go through that.

• Why do you keep talking?

Holy carp that's scary!!

So SO glad they're both ok, and that your ok too!

"Tonight I wash my hands of you
    You set the bar I could not live up to
    Tonight the light is breaking through
    So thank you very little and send me postcards from hell"
    Zebrahead

• no flash photography...

omg..that is scary..I'm glad everything turned out ok...

when my daughter was 12 she climbed out her second story window and left the house. She was gone for at least 8 hours. My parenst were fraking out and I was concerned as well, but oddly calm. I called the ploice, they took a report had cars out looking for her. My daughter had made her bed to appear as if she was still sleeping in it and left her window cracked open. My parenst were fraking out and I told them that she planned to come home and she will unkless she was kidknapped or dead....I know it sounds harsh, but I get this weird logic and reasin thing going when I'm stressed....anyway, she came home...and has never done that again, but it was scary.She went through a really bad time when she was a pre-teen and early teen....thankfully she seems to be calming down now and is on a better track.

• GO DBACKS!!

Thank God!!!

Now go pick out a new hair color, you've earned it.

It wasn't me, it was Lisa!

• Circle of Ancients

Thanks people. Brittany and I have been talking about how we felt because I think she and I were the most scared. She knew that Courtney had gone to the recruiting place, but when she didn't come back after an hour , she got worried and went over there and the place was all dark and locked up. The recruiter and her had gone to another building around the corner. I told Courtney she should have told the guy "My sister is waiting for me and it's been a while so I better go let her know where I am." She just wasn't thinking clearly. It was a good lesson learned.

I just hope I don't have nightmares. One time I lost my youngest daughter who was two at the time in DL for about 10 minutes. I had nightmares about it for two weeks and didn't go back to DL for four years after that!

My life is not usually this crazy ...this week was an exception!

• All you need is LOVE

Glad everything is okay

• @ DENIAL ISLAND

Wish you were here!!! Come on in the water's fine @ Club DENIAL

So happy that it turned out OK.

Attn: Mom's please don't scare the crap out of us with the thread title. Could there be a disclaimer that everything is alright how. Not my kids but I looked at a few other posts first cause it was scary title. Then when I opened it I could feel my heart ponding. I hate to hear when good parents / kids are having trouble.
    aka Sara

One of my children
    isn't pictured,

ABE is still hibernating

• D'LAND BIRTH YEAR BABY

So happy she is ok. Now my daughter wonders why even though she is married and a mom I still freak if I dont hear from her for a day. She put me on hold on her cell phone today, while sitting in a parking lot with the baby snoozing waiting for her hubby to call when his seminar was done..she didnt come back, when I called her cell for an hour it went to voice mail. I imagined all sorts of horrid things...it never ends a mom just does not stop worrying at a certain age date or marrige date it its a lifetime job!

• @ DENIAL ISLAND

Wish you were here!!! Come on in the water's fine @ Club DENIAL

No matter how old we get. Mom's will always be that way until the very end. That's only if they are that way to being with.
    aka Sara

One of my children
    isn't pictured,

ABE is still hibernating

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Collapse the waveform

That is scary. But you know, its the kind of thing teenagers do.

When I was 17, I was over at a friends house one afternoon and we decided to go see a movie. So we went, saw Pulp Fiction, got some Taco Bell, good times.

Of course I hadn't told my parents I was going. They were pretty worried. After the food we stopped by the Disney Store where my mom worked, which was in the mall with the movie theater. Boy was she pissed.

Teenagers.
    Follow me on Twitter: @matthamand

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast