Page 38 of 136 FirstFirst ... 132835363738394041486388 ... LastLast

Thread: Like OMG!

• we jumped out a window

Re: Like OMG!

Can it be Friday already?

Amanda, does your location have self checkout cashiers? The one I go to has around 5 of them and something always goes wrong with the machines which then needs an employee to tend to which seems to take them away from their normal duties.

• Grim Grinning

I didn't know any CVS had self check out. I can't see how that's a good idea lol. But no, we don't have any of those thank goodness. People who don't have the extracare card still expect to get the sale prices and half the people that have them never registered them, so there's no phone number attached to it. The whole program needs a revamp of some sort. I can't see how letting them check themselves out would end any way but messy lol.

• Sock Puppet

we got self checkout

• Grim Grinning

Ugh, I hope we don't end up with one of those. I'll quit lol. I just don't see how it could function especially with all the extreme couponers we get. I rarely have a transaction that doesn't have at least one coupon in it unless they're just buying cigs and or alcohol.

• we jumped out a window

Quote Originally Posted by amanda.collishaw View Post
    Ugh, I hope we don't end up with one of those. I'll quit lol. I just don't see how it could function especially with all the extreme couponers we get. I rarely have a transaction that doesn't have at least one coupon in it unless they're just buying cigs and or alcohol.
    At least 2 of the ones near me have self checkout. As a customer I like it but I'm sure it's a nightmare for employees. Besides the extreme couponers, there's also those that suddenly decide they don't want to buy something and that would require an override. There's also those items that require ID checks and I'm sure that triggers a cashier or manager to come over to approve.

Plus, you'd probably get people trying to cheat the system by not scanning all the items they have in their hands.

• Grim Grinning

Oh yeah. I'm sure it's dandy for the people that want to buy condoms (they refuse to put them on the belt while they wait in line, they always hold it face side in, and out of site.) and are embarrassed, but for the average purchase, it would be a nightmare. Alcohol can't go through the self check out at Savemart, I'd imagine it would be the same at CVS. I'm sure people try scanning coupons for stuff they don't even have too. They try doing that with me like they think I'm not gonna notice.

• we jumped out a window

Quote Originally Posted by amanda.collishaw View Post
    At least 2 of the ones near me have self checkout. As a customer I like it but I'm sure it's a nightmare for employees. Besides the extreme couponers, there's also those that suddenly decide they don't want to buy something and that would require an override. There's also those items that require ID checks and I'm sure that triggers a cashier or manager to come over to approve.

Plus, you'd probably get people trying to cheat the system by not scanning all the items they have in their hands.

• Sock Puppet

our super markets like albertsons, vons etc and costco and cvs don't allow alcohol through self checkout

• we jumped out a window

Today was TH's last day here at work. I didn't even get to know her well

Meanwhile, in the world at large, there's quite the firefight/standoff going on in Big Bear. Hopefully it ends well.

• Sock Puppet

i saw that the cabin caught fire,

• Sock Puppet

i want ti thursday and not because thursday is v-day. and plse don't wish me a happy v-day...just a happy champagne thursday.

• Selfie Expert

I'm also ready for Wednesday. I have to go to work in an hour, then just survive until 6am tomorrow morning! Well, then I'm supposed to run a bunch of errands and go to the gym... but the gym is pretty low on my priority list so we'll see about that.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• we jumped out a window

Me so mad! Had to stay 15 minutes over and without pay no thanks to a nurse unit's negligence.

Looks like another night of bouncing tennis balls against the wall.

At least Ducks 1 Blackhawks 0 is going well so far.

• we jumped out a window

Double post
    Last edited by brand42; 02-12-2013 at 08:04 PM.

• Selfie Expert

I'll keeping my eye out for the Ducks vs. Hawks game. I would love to see the hawks lose.

You so mad you post twice!!

I'm so excited!! A girl on the FB page for Dapper Day is trying to set up for a traveling stylist to do hair and makeup. I would LOVE that!! I hope it works out because I am clueless with hair and makeup, and it would make it even more fun to dress up!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List