Page 54 of 136 FirstFirst ... 42944515253545556576479104 ... LastLast

Thread: Like OMG!

• we jumped out a window

Re: Like OMG!

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    Brandon - it's Black Widow and Hawkeye, right? Was that from Avengers? Iron Man? I'm not very good at comic book stuff but I am certain that I saw whatever movie that's from!
    Avengers

• we jumped out a window

Only 20 min into work and I'm already livid because the boss singled me and someone else out on some things but not everyone else.

The busiest times of my shift are the beginning and end because the nurses scramble to get everything done that was supposed to be done earlier before the next shift comes in. It's ridiculous.
    I fall victim to those mad scrambles as well.

I used to bring too much, but now that we've gone more I know exactly what I do and don't need. I have it down to a science!! It's just this trip we have dinner at Club 33 and Dapper Day, which completely changes usual my game plan.

I can't decide how I feel about Guy. I love his food, and he seems like he would be a cool guy... but sometimes he treads into D-bag territory lol
    We were eating in Plaza Inn's outdoor area and he was inside a secluded section so I was literally on the outside looking in. It looked like the head chef came out to meet him, he had one piece of chicken and then left abruptly. The rest of his family and/or entourage stayed so I have no idea what happened.

• Selfie Expert

I hate "singling out". It's pretty much bullying. Too much of that nowadays, even on good ol' MC.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by brand42 View Post
    Sara, I saw Guy at the Plaza Inn in DL around 2 years ago.
    hmmmmmmmm yeah that would be when the food and wine festival i assume....

I used to bring too much, but now that we've gone more I know exactly what I do and don't need. I have it down to a science!! It's just this trip we have dinner at Club 33 and Dapper Day, which completely changes usual my game plan.

I can't decide how I feel about Guy. I love his food, and he seems like he would be a cool guy... but sometimes he treads into D-bag territory lol
    i just want to know how he cooks with all his jewelry he looks like Mister T, only with blonde hair.. i am bad on packing, i take everything, i need everything seriously i do!! i own lots of hair products, depends on the day or season or weather and so i need them because they all do different hings, then then shoes to go with my outfits duh! and then of cousre through out the day i do like 3 outfit changes at least.. sooo a 5 day pack? no no no i pack like it's 3 weeks for 5 days...

avocado story, cooking horror story:

so she had the avocado in her left, knife in her right and stuck the knife through the avocado to cut the backside of the skin.. and the knife went to hard into the skin of the avocado, unfortunately it also when through her hand, and out the backside.. so she had knife avocado hand then knife .. and her kitchen was a blood mess no doubt and she went to ER.. obviously.. and they sowed her up and stuff and the cut healed with stitches but after that i learned not to cut a avocado like that or anything in my hand like that! Im sorry it was soo gory, but true story!

• we jumped out a window

I hate "singling out". It's pretty much bullying. Too much of that nowadays, even on good ol' MC.
    Not only does the boss single out, she always always goes for quick fix solutions that don't really benefit anyone at all.

• Sock Puppet

Only 20 min into work and I'm already livid because the boss singled me and someone else out on some things but not everyone else.

I fall victim to those mad scrambles as well.

We were eating in Plaza Inn's outdoor area and he was inside a secluded section so I was literally on the outside looking in. It looked like the head chef came out to meet him, he had one piece of chicken and then left abruptly. The rest of his family and/or entourage stayed so I have no idea what happened.
    maybe he didn't like it? who knows..

• Sock Puppet

oh brabdon we were talking about cutting and cooking things like that in the other thread. hence why the avocado story came up..

i will never forget that story, poor kim. LOL that was her name it was when i worked at a grocery store... u just don't forget things like that

• Sock Puppet

ohhh!! they are hosting the Godiva thing again this year!! sweet!! no pun intended!

2013 SOBEWFF | FEB 21-24 | GODIVA Indulge hosted by Duff Goldman

• Sock Puppet

sorry i know i keep going on and on about this, but it's cooking and my drive and passion

• Selfie Expert

Not only does the boss single out, she always always goes for quick fix solutions that don't really benefit anyone at all.
    Ugh I know what you mean!

Quote Originally Posted by Poisonedapples View Post
    sorry i know i keep going on and on about this, but it's cooking and my drive and passion
    It's ok. I do the same thing about Disneyland lol

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Sock Puppet

YAY for passions!

• Grim Grinning

I feel the same way. I can tolerate him in small doses, but even that, I'll be watching and think to myself that some of the things he says comes off very D-bag like.

Happens at my store all the time with one manager in particular. Nobody likes her for this exact reason. She will talk about employees while they are there but not around. She'll stand right behind our deaf employee and talk crap about him knowing he can't hear her. It gets under my skin. I've overheard her talking about me before but thought better of coming around the corner and being all "Hi, what was that you were just saying?"

Quote Originally Posted by Poisonedapples View Post
    maybe he didn't like it? who knows..
    I'm sorry.... who doesn't LOVE Plaza chicken haha.

• Sock Puppet

well Amanda, it's Guy Fieri we are talking about..maybe he didn't like it. or maybe they gave him the recipe!!!!

• Grim Grinning

Ooooh if he got the recipe......

• we jumped out a window

Sara, yes you guessed it. That was when DCA still had the Food and Wine festival.

And about Plaza Inn chicken, there's your reason why I don't get anything from the Corn Dog cart