Page 66 of 136 FirstFirst ... 164156636465666768697691116 ... LastLast

Thread: Like OMG!

• Sock Puppet

Re: Like OMG!

plsu at halloween is the huanted los rios st tour.. and the story of the lady in white...

ghost history of san juan cap
    The "white lady," who materializes in fog and likes to call attention to herself, has been sighted on Los Rios Street, the Capistrano Villas, Las Brisas, and in the foothills behind Del Obispo. She's a playful ghost, dressed in a long white dress, who cavorts and teases, but never lets anyone catch up to her. La llorona, "the weeping one," is heard along the banks of Trabuco Creek on moonless nights when the breeze is whispering through the trees. A transplanted ghost popular in Mexico and the American Southwest, her crying is endless as she mourns the children she drowned.

Belford Terrace has the ghost of Denise Duprez, a small child killed in the fire that destroyed the mansion for which the tract is named, who cries for the adulthood she never reached. Along San Juan Creek, ghostly flute music is sometimes heard, played on a reed flute by the ghost of an Indian who lived there long ago. The Forster Mansion on Ortega Highway is said to have a cigar-smoking ghost seen sometimes at the foot of the interior stairs.

Los Rios Street, one of the oldest residential streets in California still in existence, seems to have the most spirits. It has the white lady, who appears near the giant pepper tree north of the Rios Adobe, tossing her mane of long, black hair, beckoning you to follow. It also has the Pryor House, now the O'Neill Museum, where the ghost of Albert Pryor is sometimes seen wearing a gray sweater, rocking on the front porch. The Rios Adobe has ghostly footsteps, sometimes heard by members of the family when doors were locked and everyone was asleep. The Ramos House, now a restaurant, was once known for its "cold room" and poltergeist activity. Chanting and strange lights were sometimes reported from the Montanez Adobe, across the street.

Even the Mission has its ghosts. There is a faceless monk who roams the back corridors at night, his sandals echoing through the stillness as he hurries away to melt into the shadows. There is a headless soldier, who stands guard near the garrison building, and the sound of bells that ring mysteriously in the night. One of the most poignant stories is about the ghost of Magdalena, a young girl who lost her life in the earthquake of 1812. She was a penitent that morning, holding a candle as she walked in front of her peers in the Great Stone Church. She must have heard the roar and felt the walls shake as the roof domes came crashing down on the worshippers. On nights with a fingernail moon, only her face is seen, illuminated by a candle in the highest windows of the ruins of the Church.

Those who study unexplainable activity characterize a ghost as an image from the past, and a spirit as an energy force that is still around and is active, either attaching itself to its place of death or a place where it was happy. Whether they are ghosts or spirits, San Juan Capistrano has the highest number of sightings per capita than any other place in Orange County. Most of the spirits are playful, or keep to themselves. Some can be traced to specific events - others cannot.

No matter where you live in the Capistrano Valley, there is bound to be a ghost to keep you company this Halloween. Ghosts are as much a part of San Juan as the swallows---only they don't leave.

• we jumped out a window

Sara, I didn't know you lived in SJC. Then again I never asked does the tour include Sara's famous Mac and cheese dogs?

So I'm off to the endo...may the force be with me/odds be in my favor!

• Sock Puppet

no tour does not include my cooking skills! RFLOL

but! i am back digital scrapbooking greeting cards. i don't actually print them( well sometimes).. check out this one i made the other day to post on zazzle....

Name:  sweet_pink_greeting_cards-p137035618699920181en8cb_325.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  33.0 KB

Sweet Pink Greeting Cards from Zazzle.com

• Sock Puppet

i made this one like 4 months ago

Name:  vintage_with_gratitude_pink_greeting_card-p137117974520620754en8cb_325.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  24.9 KB

Guuurll! Got skill!! LOL

• Sock Puppet

and i just put another one out today.. i am waiting for it to go through the system so i can post it, it hasn't showen up yet in my gallery.

• Sock Puppet

ooookay kids here u go . my newest one today. u like???

the word i kinda pulled that one out of my head myself, but it's perdy!

I call this one "Stolen Moments"

Name:  stolen_moments_greeting_cards-p137415672244085396en8cd_325.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  31.8 KB

it was 100% digital scrapbooked by me in photoshop not but 1 hour ago, took me 20 min! And it's all pinks and stuff, expect for the paper butterflies, they are a yellow so they will pop with color, there is a pink frame around the flower photo and a nice elegant vintage flower cluster.. the inside of the card is tan. instead of classic white, i sent it for tan, to give some color. i do this with all my cards, if you look at them in my gallery you will see it's a "thing" with me lol
    Last edited by Poisonedapples; 02-26-2013 at 02:26 PM.

• Sock Puppet

found this quote. and i love it!!!

“There's nothing wrong with enjoying looking at the surface of the ocean itself, except that when you finally see what goes on underwater,you realize that you've been missing the whole point of the ocean. Staying on the surface all the time is like going to the circus and staring at the outside of the tent.”
    ― Dave Barry

• we jumped out a window

Best. Medical. visit. Ever!!!!!!!!

Now I'm so tired...

• Grim Grinning

Ugh, I hate work. Home at last, now to make food.

• Selfie Expert

Yay for Brandon!

Boo to work.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Grim Grinning

I really need to get my resume together again, I found a cupcake shop that's hiring.

• Selfie Expert

I think I read something you posted about that earlier. That would be so perfect for you!!

I hate writing resumes.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• we jumped out a window

After my endo visit yesterday, I stopped by the CVS across the street and snapped this shot for Amanda.

• we jumped out a window

Kelly, Ducks vs Coyotes on March 2, 4 and 6! It is ON!!!

If only I had next week off I'd consider making a road trip to the Phoenix area. Plus maybe an Angels spring training game in Tempe. Haha, going to AZ to see my Anaheim teams.

• Sock Puppet

oh brandon i am sure that Amanda is going to love that CVS moment in photo.. LOL