Page 1 of 19 123411 ... LastLast

• Minion

Take me back twenty years...bodywise

I had a HUGE, in my face, attention getting experience today....I went to the doctor's and got on the scale!!!

I weigh now what I weighed when I was seven months pregnant! Give me another 13 pounds and I will be the same weight as I was giving birth to all three kids (yes, I weighed exactly the same on D-day - very weird)

Anyway...My injury in the fall really took a toll on my level of fitness. I am not happy with how I look. And it didn't help that DD2 wanted to look at pictures today, only confirming the fact that I'm no longer sleek....

I started this tread as an opportunity for any and all of you who have embarked on a new fitness routine. We can support each other, challenge each other, and keep each other accountable. Share successes, fitness tips, fun exercise ideas and most of all support and encouragement.

I have another doctors appt in one month, 02/17/06. My goal is to lose, at the minimum, five pounds. I would be happy losing twelve, but, five would make a great start.

For the record when I got home from the appointment I did get on the treadmill. I did one of the programed walk/runs for 30 minutes.
    Who's with me?

MeiMei
    Boo!

• Banned User

Re: Take me back twenty years...bodywise

me of course!! I gained a wopping 30 pounds since thanksgiving! Yeah, I fell sat most of the timeandbetween my recliner and the fridge I gained big time. I am now on a diet my self and plan to lose that 30 before I go to disnenyland in april. Oh yeah, 30 pounds in less then 2 1/2 months!
    I got the treadmill and will beusing it next week when I feel better from the diet ( low blood sugars for a few days ) Iam with ya girl!

• <3

Lost Bar - It's where we come together in true DMCA style.
    Blog Entries

Several of us on here are now trying to lose weight and going at it full force. We're all here for each other. I've got a little over 20 lbs to lose myself but that's only after losing 44 lbs last year and then putting 12 lbs back on over the holidays.

Good luck to you, you can totally do it!

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth."
    Mark Twain

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • State sponsored cyclist

Quote Originally Posted by hakuna makarla
    me of course!! I gained a wopping 30 pounds since thanksgiving!
    Oh lordy, Karla, don't you ever do that again!

No way do I want to go back 20 years, even if it puts me in the middle 30's. I am much fitter now. My exercise routine--between 6000 and 7000 miles per year of bicycling. I'm a little off the pace with about 255 as of today, but I'll make it up as the weather improves.
    Have bicycle, will ride. Finished 2012 with 10,089 miles, 683 hours, and 482,000 feet of elevation gain.
    2013: 201 rides, 8171 miles, 544 hours, 480K feet.

• twinkletwinkle I'm a star

Can I get in on this? My husband and I promised ourselves we would eat healthy this year. (He had a scare about a month ago- thought he was having a heart attack. 'Just' a panic attack-but still) We have started off right. We also have been eating at the table as a family again. We haven't done that for probably 5 years! I can't believe all the communication time we've missed with our girls! (kicking myself right now !)

Anyway, I really NEED to lose about 50 pounds. I'd be thrilled with 30. Happy with 20. It has come down to my feet actually hurting when I walk. I'm not obese, but I'm on my way. My doctor has already signed off on walking and stretching exercises, so I'm good to go.

Oh yeah, my hubby quit smoking too! No cigs for 2 weeks now! YEA! But now he's eating everything in sight.

• Just Me

20 years ago I was 17. If I had gotten on a scale I would have probably weighed more then. I was into a lot of bad things, 19 years ago I ended up with a nose problem (things kept flying up it) so the weight came off, but not in a healthy way. With everything I was into I would take today's weight and body over yesteryear's issues anyday.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Trekkie Dad
    Oh lordy, Karla, don't you ever do that again!

No way do I want to go back 20 years, even if it puts me in the middle 30's. I am much fitter now. My exercise routine--between 6000 and 7000 miles per year of bicycling. I'm a little off the pace with about 255 as of today, but I'll make it up as the weather improves.
    its ok, I am doing great and eating healthy. I am not dieting per say, just 3 meals and I have lost 2 pounds this week. I am sure I will have more off by Friday thank you for the encouragement trekki!!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by anniem8
    Can I get in on this? My husband and I promised ourselves we would eat healthy this year. (He had a scare about a month ago- thought he was having a heart attack. 'Just' a panic attack-but still) We have started off right. We also have been eating at the table as a family again. We haven't done that for probably 5 years! I can't believe all the communication time we've missed with our girls! (kicking myself right now !)

Anyway, I really NEED to lose about 50 pounds. I'd be thrilled with 30. Happy with 20. It has come down to my feet actually hurting when I walk. I'm not obese, but I'm on my way. My doctor has already signed off on walking and stretching exercises, so I'm good to go.

Oh yeah, my hubby quit smoking too! No cigs for 2 weeks now! YEA! But now he's eating everything in sight.
    You bet you can get in on this!! I am so happy you decided to and your right, we need toget in shape for our hearts! Get the hubby some sugar free gum and suckers for the cravings, it helps.
    My goal is 30 by April 1st.
    today I had and will have
    32 ozs lemon water ( one lemon ) with ice and diet sugar
    I will be having a protein shake here in about 15 minutes ( I love carb solutions ) and I use fat free milk
    lunch, already made and waiting in the fridge. its a salad. I made it first thing this morning with fat free turkey, lots of lettuce and carrots, 2 eggs. Dinner, wil be a turkey roast with green beans.
    I will be doing the treadmill for 10 miute spurts thru out this afternoon

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Mousey Girl
    20 years ago I was 17. If I had gotten on a scale I would have probably weighed more then. I was into a lot of bad things, 19 years ago I ended up with a nose problem (things kept flying up it) so the weight came off, but not in a healthy way. With everything I was into I would take today's weight and body over yesteryear's issues anyday.
    I was on a diet back at 17 and have been battling weight since I was 14. I hate it but I do have great self esteem . its time I get in better health. I played over the holidays, I am now back at

• most magical vaca ever

20 yrs ago I was 11 years old

*runs from this thread*
    ~~~~~~

• <3

Lost Bar - It's where we come together in true DMCA style.
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DMof2

*runs from this thread*
    LOL! Same here... and I sure don't want THAT body back. I was all knees and elbows back then. Now, the body I had 10 years ago... oh yeah!

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth."
    Mark Twain

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by DMof2

*runs from this thread*
    smert aleck!! say how did you get that color over your sig pictures?? I want them to!!

• Minion

Good Morning Bodywisers!

Welcome and thank you to those joining in! Support is essential, not feeling like you are the only one facing these issues is paramount in success! You are not alone! I think women in their mid-years will be the ones most likely to join us, seeing as we are the ones who had the bodies twenty years ago!! lol And...we are the ones who want them back! Somehow having babies, raising families, just day to day life, and the notorious metobolism took a toll on us. Let's take back what was ours!

It's raining so my walk today will be on the treadmill again. DH will show me how the program works so I can do it when he is not home. My goal is two 30-minute walk/runs a day.

Diet wise: I just need to cut out the grazing and snacking that is so easy to do when you work from home, three feet from the kitchen! I do have a bag of Hershey's dark chocolate kisses stashed away for a quick fix, only need one or two to quench the desire. Besides dark chocolate is good for you!

For those of you not needing to, or wanting to go to back to your youth (boy, you make me feel old!! 11 years old!!! ha!), you can still join in to keep yourselves on the healthy track that you are on now, so maybe when you are our age, you won't have to deal with it like us!

MeiMei
    Boo!

• Banned User

Yep, no grazing for me, and no sugar! I am going thru the with drawls now and they are no fun. I think when people get these they think " I can not do this I do not feel good" but I look at it as a cleaning period and in 2 days I will feel way better and have more pep! I am also pulling out the treadmill today, its so pretty, and I have not used it in over a year LOL!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by hakuna makarla
    Yep, no grazing for me, and no sugar! I am going thru the with drawls now and they are no fun. I think when people get these they think " I can not do this I do not feel good" but I look at it as a cleaning period and in 2 days I will feel way better and have more pep! I am also pulling out the treadmill today, its so pretty, and I have not used it in over a year LOL!
    Just don't trip over that treadmill and crack more ribs!
    Boo!

Page 1 of 19 123411 ... LastLast