Page 114 of 344 FirstFirst ... 146489104111112113114115116117124139164214 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 5160

• Selfie Expert

Re: OMG! Let's Talk On Lion!!

But my non essentials ARE essential!!

OMG... I want cake so bad now.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Grim Grinning

Quote Originally Posted by brand42 View Post
    Amanda, you made me an Anaheim Ducks cake?

I've been to all 3 D23's and they never will figure it out. The convention center management just does not care. However, it still can be a great time. I was at the animated films presentation while my sister went to Tony Baxter's rare footage of the parks and both were outstanding.

Kelly, a little less on non essentials and you could afford to attend D23 '15! Just teasing
    No, no, if I'd made an Anaheim Ducks cake, it would be sitting in the mouth of a shark in a great deal of pain The expo sounds like fun though.

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    OMG... I want cake so bad now.
    I'm rather full from dinner, but once that settles, I'm sure I'll get into the cake. I'd send you some, but I can't promise it will be pretty when it gets there.

• Grim Grinning

Double post, nevermind!

• Selfie Expert

I'm okay with ugly, delicious cake. Just throwin' that out there... haha

• Selfie Expert

I'm trying to decide if it's necessary to put "RSVP to" or "RSVP by" on my shower invites, seeing as how I'm only inviting close friends/family. They know mine or my mom's numbers, and I can bother them for answers if they don't tell me by the time I need to know...

• Grim Grinning

I'm okay with ugly, delicious cake. Just throwin' that out there... haha
    Yeah, as long as it's still tasty, that's what matters when it's just sitting at home.

I'm trying to decide if it's necessary to put "RSVP to" or "RSVP by" on my shower invites, seeing as how I'm only inviting close friends/family. They know mine or my mom's numbers, and I can bother them for answers if they don't tell me by the time I need to know...
    I'd go with "RSVP by" just so you don't have any surprises at the last minute. I never RSVP'ed to my friend's shower since I'm making the cake and cupcakes. She knows I'm coming lol. I do however really need to look at her registry so I can get her something. I've been bad about that.

• Selfie Expert

I think I'm going to have to make some cupcake this weekend. It's been a loooong time since I've made any, since cake pops have been requested in their place.

Good point on the RSVP by... then I wouldn't have to hound people so much.

• we jumped out a window

And at last I seeeeee the liiiiiiiiiiiight

And it's like the fog has liiiiiiiiifttttttted

I photostole from a friend. It's some sort of festival they were at.

• Selfie Expert

I bought some of those lanterns, but am having a hard time finding a spot in Arizona where it's legal to set them off... maybe I should bring them to Cali and let them go on the beach! DL closes at 7pm on the Thursday we're there, we could do it then... who wants to look up if I can get away with it on Hermosa?!!! I'll let you join in!

• we jumped out a window

Happy Haunts from the Hatbox Ghost!

• Selfie Expert

So exciting that he's around in one form or another!

• we jumped out a window

I bought some of those lanterns, but am having a hard time finding a spot in Arizona where it's legal to set them off... maybe I should bring them to Cali and let them go on the beach! DL closes at 7pm on the Thursday we're there, we could do it then... who wants to look up if I can get away with it on Hermosa?!!! I'll let you join in!

"No, officer, I don't know these individuals..." Lol!!!

• we jumped out a window

So exciting that he's around in one form or another!
    Imagineers couldn't comment further on Hatbox but it would be such a shame to not reunite him with his 999 long lost friends.

• Evil is Sexy

Okay.. I think I'm caught up on our shenanigans in here.

Dapper Day! I may not make it this year. We will see what the husband's schedule it like. I think he may be underway that week.

D23 - Sorry the staff sucks at the convention center. I am glad you got some cool merchandise.

What is this Star Wars thing you speak of?!

Retail Nightmares (awake and asleep), I've been through it all. Including an overnight robbery at my San Antonio store. MFer's hid in the back room and our manager that night failed to do his throrough store sweep. I was so glad, for our team member's sake, that we were not an overnight store. By the time the pricing and stock team members got there at 0400 everything was long done.

Vacation report:
    Husband's parents and brother arrived on the 28th. They took a tour of my husband's ship and we had tasty grilled steaks at home. 29th we picked up his sister and brother-in-law and we had brunch at home then went to the San Diego Zoo. I don't know if I like the set up of the zoo. It seems kind of dead-endy in odd places and it was very crowded. The line to see the pandas was over an hour. WTF? I'll have to go back when it's not summer.
    We went home, finished packing for 2 days at Disney, dropped our dogs off at their vet/boarding place and had dinner at a local Santana's Mexican Restaurant for my bro-in-law, Daniel's, birthday. We arrived in Anaheim around 2300.
    Up at 0500 to get ready. Had breakfast at the Quality Inn at 0600. Left the hotel, parked in Pinocchio lot (first time ever since parking structure went in), got to the front gates at 0715. We were let into Disneyland at 0730 and wandered around Main Street for 20 minutes before getting to the hub area waiting for the rope drop.
    Dad had a mapped out plan. And a glorious plan it was. We hit up Matterhorn, Star Tours, Autopia, Space Mountain, Finding Nemo and Buzz Lightyear in 45 minutes flat. After that, we did a quick snack at the marble ball in Tomorrowland. I took the girls to the TL bathroom, explaining that it is the ONLY time to use said bathrooms. We took the train over to Adventureland and got on Indiana Jones, Splash Mountain, Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Davey Crocket Canoes and used the Hungry Bear restrooms. Then we used all of our fastpasses. LOL. And got more. The only rides on our list we never got to were Jungle Cruise and the Monorail. Which was a shame, since Alex (my sister-in-law's hubby) is a DL virgin. We managed to watch the fireworks and the second showing of Fantasmic, minus Murphy, who apparently was a no-show most of the week anyway. Blah.
    Alex had gotten sick just before the show started, though, and he missed the first few minutes of it. He ate too much. Seriously, they had a $400 food budget for this trip and had been pretty much eating everything they could get their hands on in the park. *shakes head*
    We headed back to the hotel and were asleep by 2330.

Up again at 0530. Breakfast and check-out at 0600 (which turned out to suck, later because I would have killed for a place to nap in AC for an hour later.)
    We again had to park in Pinocchio. I guess I've never been at the parking garage before 0730 or something. I thought Pinocchio was for tour buses. But getting out of Pinocchio is a lot easier.
    We hit up DCA this morning, wandered in on Buena Vista Street. Sarah (sis-in-law) really needed coffee so we went to PP&P while the family stood in line at the rope drop to prepare for Radiator Springs Racers. 10 minutes later, we headed in (apologetically) through the crowd to meet them. One family away we were stopped. Literally. A rather rude family refused to let us scooch by to join our group. The man (who was shorter than me and Sarah) was VERY vocal about not letting us through. Leave it to my hubbs to save the day with "Is there a problem here? My wife and sister WILL be joining us. Why don't you and your lovely family come stand in front of us instead?"

I tried not to let it bother me, but man he put a downer on me and Sarah for about the next hour. I'm not a mean person, in general. And was totally flabberghasted at the reaction we had caused. I suppose he may have been one of those "we paid for this vacation and damn it we will enjoy it" types. Or he had been grouchy. Or got mad because his wife ignored me, twice, and I asked if she spoke English. (Since my in-laws could translate in Spanish or French if needed and Daniel was right in front of her.)

Anyway, we rode RSR, then hit up Midway Mania while my hubs and Dad fetched RSR and ToT fastpasses. We then rode Screamin' and then back over to ToT. After ToT we went and did Soarin' and then headed to Aladdin. After Aladdin, we got lunch. Half at Flo's and half at Taste Pilots. Another trip on Screamin', GRR was next, then we wandered into the Grand Californian to see it, even if just once. Wow. Used their bathrooms. Came out, did ITTBAB, back over to RSR, then we all headed to DL for the rest of the day, until WoC.
    Had a great CM experiance with a CM at Roger Rabbit. We were in line, the queue is very mean, btw.. letting you see the loading point that early. We found out the wait really was an hour long. We had 45 minutes to meet back with the parents for quick service dinner and line up for our section in WoC. A CM noticed our plight and "Made some Magic" for us, letting us ride the ride waaaaaaay ahead of everyone. We totally took the time to tell City Hall on our way across the parks. I'll never ride that ride again. But I got to do it once. LOL. I had gotten a voicemail while at the Happiest Place on Earth and took a moment to check it in a less noisy area. One of the local Targets would like to speak with me about my accepted transfer. !!!!!!

We watched WoC, the CM's there let Dad sit in the handicapped section (his knees were bothering him badly at this point in the trip) while we sat in the second platform on the yellow side at the railing. After the show, we left and came home.

Picked up the pups the next morning from the boarding. Called the Target at Plaza Bonita, set up a meet and greet for the 19th. Sis-in-law and her hubs went home that afternoon. Parentals and bro-in-law left Saturday afternoon. We re-boarded the dogs. Yeah, yeah. We only had them for a day but it was worth saving the $80 a day.

Sunday we were up at 0300, having pre-packed for the flight to PA and my family. We closed off the unnecessary doors, so the cats wouldn't get into trouble while we were gone. Gave them 10 days worth of food and tons of water throughout the house. Ate breakfast and were at the airport by 0530.
    Flight left at 0705, arrived in PA at about 1500 (lose 3 hours and a 5 hour flight) and spent the night having dinner with the family. Went to Hershey Park on Monday. Realized how spoiled we were with Disney and fastpasses. LOL. It was still fun, just not the same. Rode tons of rollercoasters. Managed to fend off motion-sickness until dusk. Hershey Park closes at 2100, so we got home about 2230 and passed out.
    Went to Root's Farmers Market the next day around lunch. I love farmer's markets, especially large ones with many Amish and Mennonite vendors. Such a cool vibe. Ate lots of awesome home-made food. (Crab cake sandwiches, whoopie pies, cookies, home made root beer, red birch beer, deep fried califlower.) We picked up some fresh produce to take home - peaches, watermelon, celery hearts, carrots and triple-sweet corn. Yeah. Triple sweet. It was AMAZING.
    Stopped by an old "haunt" of my dad and family on the way home in Columbia, PA., Smith's Hotel and Restaurant, to grab some awesome chopped steak sandwiches. 18" of pure bliss in a roll.

Home again. Ate sandwiches. Watched my nieces' b-day presents. I bought her Brave and Tangled. She gets more replayability out of movies than toys at this point. She's 6.
    Passed out. Woke up...
    This trip was a little more relaxed. PA has a slower pace to it.
    Thunderstorms almost every night, so lots of time sitting on the front porch to watch. Took my parents to the movies twice and saw The Conjuring and Elysium. Fixed my parent's computer. Sucks being the only one who knows how to do that. LOL. Took my sister and Dad to Target so they could use my TM discount. Read all of The Song of Swords book one. Took my husband around town and had him eat at a locally owned Italian restaurant that I knew the owners (and their kids.)
    Met up with my older sister and had dinner with her at Texas Roadhouse.
    Came home. Picked up the dogs. Was greeted at the door by a very vocal bengal cat. Apparently he was hungry. LOL. But I'm pretty sure they had only run out of food that morning. Unpacked. Prepped for today - Hubs had to iron his uniform. Passed out.

Yes, I still work for Target. The Plaza Bonita Target is at a mall. We had scoped it out a couple of weeks ago and I sent my supervisor another email asking to see if she could shoot them a transfer request. I had looked them up via the Target Careers website first, to see if they were hiring in any areas I was trained in.
    I'm not sure what they're going to have me do, yet. I will keep everyone posted. I'm just happy to FINALLY have a job again. I love being a house wife, but the extra money is essential to our being able to visit Disney and family.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

• we jumped out a window

Work is slow enough that I read every word from Susan.

Congrats on the job once again!

Sorry about that rude family! It's sad how people's negativity can be so impacting...I just witnessed one manager berating another in front of our salad bar. Whatever has him so upset, I'm sure there are more professional ways to address it than ambushing people on their lunch break.

All those rides in 45 minutes??? I haven't been able to pull that off since around '09 when there still was an offseason. I think my best was 35 in one day.

Super awesome about that Roger Rabbit CM!!!!

My mom and sibling are passholders at the SD Zoo and it's that crowded during summer and weekends year round. They refurbished that panda exhibit but now they let people in at such a slow trickle, that's how it can be an hour long wait.

I'm not sure what this Star Wars stuff is, doesn't sound like my thing at all but Kelly seems awfully into it lately