Page 117 of 283 FirstFirst ... 1767107114115116117118119120127167217 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,755 of 4235

• mountains beyond mtns.

Re: OMG! Let's Talk On Lion!!

I was thinking about how great it would be if my Lego Back to the Future time machine actually worked and one of the things high up on my list would be to visit DLR in the 50's then 60's then 70's.

then it dawned on me that I'd be pretty much money less. My 21st century cash would seem like counterfeits, my credit and debit cards would be useless. And just imagine me trying to enter the park with an AP card..."Son, I've never seen one of these!"

Was all this brought on by some TR I read? Possibly

I suppose you could try to find some old, mono-color dollar bills and run them through the wash a few times and get them all dirty and wrinkled. Take them to a bank and trade them in for travelers checks. (banks were much more trusting then and, especially if they were small bills, would probably just glance at them). Use the checks on Main St. Bank to get money for your traveler's checks and you're golden.

• Grim Grinning

Quote Originally Posted by brand42 View Post
    I was thinking about how great it would be if my Lego Back to the Future time machine actually worked and one of the things high up on my list would be to visit DLR in the 50's then 60's then 70's.

then it dawned on me that I'd be pretty much money less. My 21st century cash would seem like counterfeits, my credit and debit cards would be useless. And just imagine me trying to enter the park with an AP card..."Son, I've never seen one of these!"

Was all this brought on by some TR I read? Possibly
    Admission was much less back then though, so I think you'd be ok. I've been getting a lot of old bills lately, so they're still out there. I wonder if a bank would think it suspicious if you were to ask to swap your money for old bills...?

Quote Originally Posted by kirstenh View Post
    I suppose you could try to find some old, mono-color dollar bills and run them through the wash a few times and get them all dirty and wrinkled. Take them to a bank and trade them in for travelers checks. (banks were much more trusting then and, especially if they were small bills, would probably just glance at them). Use the checks on Main St. Bank to get money for your traveler's checks and you're golden.
    This works!! Now I wanna try it lol.

• mountains beyond mtns.

Ha! Kirsten and Amanda, you're both indulging me on my silly wish.

Anyhow, I'm really not seeing what's the big deal about cronuts?

• Grim Grinning

I'm sorry, a what? I think I've only heard them mentioned one other time and I have no clue what that is.

• Grim Grinning

Ok, after a quick trip to Google, I get it.They seem interesting, but I guess I don't see the big deal either unless they taste really fantastic. I made cinnamon rolls in much the same manner using danish dough. Those were pretty tasty!

• mountains beyond mtns.

I have so many FB friends sharing photos of those croissant/donut concoctions! Waaaay too many carbs for me to ever consider.

AP's get an hour of early entry on Indy this Sat. as well as an hour of after closing entry on Indy. And...it just so happens I'm going because family is visiting!

• Evil is Sexy

Lucky! Enjoy your new Indiana effects.

Cronuts, eh. I'll take fasnacht over those any day... and sadly, fasnacht day is only once a year.
    PS - to save you googling, a fasnacht is a delicacy served just before Lent. Traditional German ones are yeast based. The ones I grew up on (part Pennsylvania Deutch) are potato based.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

• Selfie Expert

I promised cake pops for the ladies Sean works with, and I'm not feeling motivated at all to finish them. Just need to dip them... but uggghhhh We're meeting for lunch today, then he's getting off work early so we can meet my parents for dinner on their side of town. I'd much rather stay home and relax tonight, but the promise of good food makes it worth it.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Grim Grinning

Quote Originally Posted by brand42 View Post
    I have so many FB friends sharing photos of those croissant/donut concoctions! Waaaay too many carbs for me to ever consider.

AP's get an hour of early entry on Indy this Sat. as well as an hour of after closing entry on Indy. And...it just so happens I'm going because family is visiting!
    You can still eat it, you just have to be aware of how many carbs there are and adjust accordingly.

I saw a video of the new Mara stuff and it left me scratching my head trying to think who in the world thought that voice was a good idea. Ugh....

Quote Originally Posted by WildeNight View Post
    Lucky! Enjoy your new Indiana effects.

Cronuts, eh. I'll take fasnacht over those any day... and sadly, fasnacht day is only once a year.
    PS - to save you googling, a fasnacht is a delicacy served just before Lent. Traditional German ones are yeast based. The ones I grew up on (part Pennsylvania Deutch) are potato based.
    Sounds yummy!!

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    I promised cake pops for the ladies Sean works with, and I'm not feeling motivated at all to finish them. Just need to dip them... but uggghhhh We're meeting for lunch today, then he's getting off work early so we can meet my parents for dinner on their side of town. I'd much rather stay home and relax tonight, but the promise of good food makes it worth it.
    I know the feeling, I'm getting that feeling with that dreaded rubber duck cake. That's due next Saturday along with 24 cupcakes. I'm not at all worried about the cupcakes, it's that darned cake that has me worried. I'll trade ya! I'll finish the cake pops!

• mountains beyond mtns.

Quote Originally Posted by amanda.collishaw View Post
    You can still eat it, you just have to be aware of how many carbs there are and adjust accordingly.

I saw a video of the new Mara stuff and it left me scratching my head trying to think who in the world thought that voice was a good idea. Ugh....

Sounds yummy!!

I know the feeling, I'm getting that feeling with that dreaded rubber duck cake. That's due next Saturday along with 24 cupcakes. I'm not at all worried about the cupcakes, it's that darned cake that has me worried. I'll trade ya! I'll finish the cake pops!
    We may not be going after all...most of my family do not believe in Disney magic at all. They'll balk at admission prices but when they're in Vegas they'll drop that same amount in a minute on slot machines.

The only reason they even consider going is the 8 yr old in our family who is super super enthusiastic about Disney Parks. There's some hope just yet
    Last edited by brand42; 08-16-2013 at 10:57 AM.

• Grim Grinning

Go without em! That's what we do when someone doesn't wanna go with. Just means there's less people to keep track of in a crowd.

What! Don't believe in Disney Magic?? Why, that's like "not believing" that the sun rises in the East. Silly family you have, Brandon.

• mountains beyond mtns.

Yup, Kirsten, they're like Disney Muggles!

If you ask me, most of them don't know how to have any fun. Stuff that people get really into like sports, music, reading, outdoor activities, shopping, collecting stuff...they're not into any of those.

• Grim Grinning

So what do they do??