Page 118 of 300 FirstFirst ... 186893108115116117118119120121128143168218 ... LastLast
Results 1,756 to 1,770 of 4498

• mountains beyond mtns.

Re: OMG! Let's Talk On Lion!!

I have no idea! Christmas shopping is really tough as you can imagine. At least mom and dad watch sports BUT they aren't willing to go to games in person. When Grandma was healthier, she travelled a lot but not so much now. An uncle is into photography supposedly and you'd think as a result he'd visit all sorts of places but not really.

• Grim Grinning

Interesting lol.

• mountains beyond mtns.

I found a fake text generator! This could be lots of fun when I'm feeling more creative.

Quote Originally Posted by amanda.collishaw View Post
    Interesting lol.
    it makes me think of that Big Bang episode where Penny asks Sheldon and Leonard all these super easy trivia questions about Tweety Bird and Britney Spears. They're seriously stumped and give only Star Trek related answers and Penny responds with something like "omg! How can you NOT know these things???".

So I guess there are Sheldon's and Leonard's in my family. But at least those two are into comics and sci-fi and video games!

• Selfie Expert

Apparently the cake pops were a hit. A lady Sean rarely interacts with asked him if I make cake pops for people to sell, and said she'd like some for her granddaughter's birthday party. Um, what?! They're so easy and not even made from scratch! Totally making them for her at cost, I couldn't bare to profit from a boxed cake mix lol My Macbook has finally bit the dust. It not longer charges nor works on the cord, so I have maybe 20% of battery left to decide how to salvage what I can. I'm using Sean's laptop for now and I hate it. I miss my Mac!! Brandon - your family sounds... kind of like my family in a way lol Luckily my parents are perfectly happy going to Disneyland, especially with their granddaughter, and my dad has golf. The extended family, though, are too "classy" for fun.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Selfie Expert

I managed to time my pregnancy with all the E tickets going down for refurb. Yay for me! Just hope they're all up when I take my first post-baby trip, because I am dying for a trip on each and every one of them (except RSR... that ones just a 'meh' for me) I was so excited Walgreen's is having a 50% off photo book sale, since I have a photo book I've been working on that's already 90 pages long. Well, it's only taking 50% off the base price, not the extra pages, which is weird since previous 40% off coupon codes have taken it off the bottom line. Oh well, here's to hoping another sale comes up eventually. Today we're going to see Elysium with some friends, then grab lunch at a local German restaurant. Then we have a list of chores and errands to run, which we may or may not get done. Hope everyone has a fun weekend!!

• Selfie Expert

Also, I don't know why the laptop is making the formatting of my posts look weird. I'm putting breaks between thoughts, but it's showing up as a solid paragraph. ANNOYING!

• Evil is Sexy

Hm. That is weird about the formatting. I'll keep my mouth shut about Mac's.. *whistles*

Glad your cake pops were a hit! This morning I'm meeting the Husband and his fellow Navy Chiefs and Chief Selects to assist with a COMREL (Community Relations) project at a local school. Sounds like we'll be doing some basic landscape work before it gets in session in a few days.

Brandon - yur family sounds like they're trying to like hobbies to fit in. It's like being a poser without actually doing anything to look like whatever you're pretending to be. I'd try to take them to the Parks anyway. Maybe they'll surprise themselves and have a good time, though I would hate to make anyone go in the summer. If they're being fuddy-duddies, grab the kid and separate. Make a meeting place at a later time and see the world through the eyes of an 8 year old!

Wrote a ton yesterday. I was home, alone, so had nothing really pressing to do and had like 7 cups of tea. LOL. Now I'll have to go back, reread and edit it all.

See you all when I get back!
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

• Grim Grinning

Quote Originally Posted by brand42 View Post
    I found a fake text generator! This could be lots of fun when I'm feeling more creative.

it makes me think of that Big Bang episode where Penny asks Sheldon and Leonard all these super easy trivia questions about Tweety Bird and Britney Spears. They're seriously stumped and give only Star Trek related answers and Penny responds with something like "omg! How can you NOT know these things???".

So I guess there are Sheldon's and Leonard's in my family. But at least those two are into comics and sci-fi and video games!
    Yeah, text generators are fun. I had a friend that did that to me, but her texts were so obvious that I knew it was her. She'd deny that it was her, but I figured it out pretty quick.

And yeah, I know the episode you're talking about. Seen that one several times actually. They ask her how she knows all that and she says she goes outside and talks to people.

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    Apparently the cake pops were a hit. A lady Sean rarely interacts with asked him if I make cake pops for people to sell, and said she'd like some for her granddaughter's birthday party. Um, what?! They're so easy and not even made from scratch! Totally making them for her at cost, I couldn't bare to profit from a boxed cake mix lol My Macbook has finally bit the dust. It not longer charges nor works on the cord, so I have maybe 20% of battery left to decide how to salvage what I can. I'm using Sean's laptop for now and I hate it. I miss my Mac!! Brandon - your family sounds... kind of like my family in a way lol Luckily my parents are perfectly happy going to Disneyland, especially with their granddaughter, and my dad has golf. The extended family, though, are too "classy" for fun.
    You could go a little above cost price and charge a smidge for your time. That's a bummer about your Mac. I remember when my Dell died, I was so sad. I thought I had everything backed up, but that wasn't the case apparently. Got the laptop I have now, put my iTunes on there and half my music was gone. So I haven't gotten anything new on there in years because if I plug my iPod in, it's gonna erase everything that isn't on my iTunes list.

• mountains beyond mtns.

So I didn't make it to DLR today. It's the only day I'm available to go while those family members are here so it's their loss . On 2 previous visits, the 8 yr old would ask me to go on everything with him which works out because I'm the only one willing and able to go with him on California Screamin' repeatedly. He loves asking for the front too. I wouldn't know how to handle his autism one on one for extended periods and so I'm reluctant to break away from the rest of the family while in the parks.

Amanda, there has to be a way to solve your iPod problem. Then again, I'm the person that really needs to move all the music in my laptop to an external drive but I'm so afraid that blasted iTunes will do something bizarre.

Kelly, I learned something today and that's to not pay attention to your reviews, lol! . (hey I didn't say it!)

Susan, that's a great way to put it. There's some slacker posers in my family I know they're my family but if it's not a super important occasion, I sometimes don't go to their events. There's a darker side to them too and fierce arguments often break out when they get together.
    Last edited by brand42; 08-17-2013 at 08:06 PM.

• Selfie Expert

lol yes, Brandon, don't I have such NICE friends?! You fit right in with them! :-P Sean's family has a "dark side" - every family reunion features at least one drunken fist fight between family members. It's quite amusing and almost tradition at this point. By the way, they live in Alabama... so that might explain a little.

• mountains beyond mtns.

Alright Sean's family wins that one but I do have to say that back in their homeland, the previous generations of our family were redneck farmers and/or fisherman so that says it all

oh this is hilarious - in the corner, I'm getting an ad for a History Channel special about the Hatfields and McCoys.

• Grim Grinning

Home from the sweat shop! I get to do it again all day tomorrow. Our sale signs never came in, so when the new sale starts tomorrow, nobody will know what's going on.

• mountains beyond mtns.

So I'm in for a late afternoon/evening of torture with the extended family.

Hopefully my future in laws will be much better, lol!

• mountains beyond mtns.

And...we already have a 3 party meltdown.

They've clamored down right before I was going to step in and make everyone shut up, take deep breaths for 10 minutes. Hrmmmm...this is stuff I do at work and now at family gatherings too????

edit: Seriously, if/when I have kids, I'm not bringing them to these functions.
    Last edited by brand42; 08-18-2013 at 04:56 PM.

• Evil is Sexy

Are they staying with you? Usually, I'll go find something else to do (fun) with those not involved in the skirmishes and let the Debbie Downers hash it out alone. Their loss for dragging unnecessary drama around.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~