Page 119 of 283 FirstFirst ... 1969109116117118119120121122129169219 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 4239

• mountains beyond mtns.

Re: OMG! Let's Talk On Lion!!

Thankfully they're not staying with me or else I would definitely have put my foot down.

On a lighter note, the first thing the 8 yr old I mentioned said to me was "I didn't get to go to Disneyland" with a face full of disappointment. We totally should have gone yesterday and then we might not have had this dinner.

Then again, they've erupted on each other at restaurants too so there's little shame on their part.

That is why I love my family. Little to no drama. If someone does something that upsets someone else they mention it right there, deal with it, get over it and move on. Easy peasy.

I had an ex who had waaaaaay too much drama in his family from multiple sources. It's nice not to have to deal with that anymore.

• Selfie Expert

My family is pretty low key, luckily, and my husband's family can be dramatic but they usually work things out quickly and are back to being lovey-dovey. It's entertaining being a spectator.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• mountains beyond mtns.

I'm back home and the ordeal is over thankfully.

Time for some happy Disney music listening!

• Selfie Expert

I'm going to vent here since you all hopefully know by now that I'm not just a jerk lol I skimmed through the GAC resuest for panic attacks and fear of bees, which affirmed my opinion of GACs: If you have a condition that is hazardous to your health, and standing in line or being in the park might TRIGGER that condition, then you should probably AVOID BEING AT THE PARK or riding rides that may trigger it. For example, riding a ride while pregnant puts the baby at risk for injury - so I'm not going to ride it. I'm not going to ask Disney to provide me with an alternative version of the ride (not bumpy or whatever) so I can ride it. I'm going to accept my condition and the fact that because of it, I have limits. If being outdoors makes you think a bee is going to kill you, maybe you shouldn't be outdoors. If crowds make you have a panic attack, I suggest you not visit Disneyland. There's obviously a balance to doing your best to give everyone access, and people just being entitled and ridiculous. There has to be give and take, but it seems that more and more people just take, take, take. ARGH!! Okay, ending my rant. Love you guys! :-P

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by brand42 View Post
    I'm back home and the ordeal is over thankfully. Time for some happy Disney music listening!
    Disney music can make almost any place my happy place.

• mountains beyond mtns.

Kirsten and Kelly, you are both so fortunate! Those family members and their temperament and philosophies are so alien to me, I don't see how we can be related. Way back when I landed my first job, you'd think they would be so supportive and proud but they ambushed me with destructive criticism while we were dining in a restaurant!

Okay ipod, another round of the Electric Parade Theme please!

• Selfie Expert

Jebus. That's lamesauce.

• mountains beyond mtns.

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    Disney music can make almost any place my happy place.
    For me, that includes non Disney music that evokes memories of the parks...Good Vibrations for instance. And yes, there are a few aspects of DCA 1.0 that I miss.

I'm going to vent here since you all hopefully know by now that I'm not just a jerk lol I skimmed through the GAC resuest for panic attacks and fear of bees, which affirmed my opinion of GACs: If you have a condition that is hazardous to your health, and standing in line or being in the park might TRIGGER that condition, then you should probably AVOID BEING AT THE PARK or riding rides that may trigger it. For example, riding a ride while pregnant puts the baby at risk for injury - so I'm not going to ride it. I'm not going to ask Disney to provide me with an alternative version of the ride (not bumpy or whatever) so I can ride it. I'm going to accept my condition and the fact that because of it, I have limits. If being outdoors makes you think a bee is going to kill you, maybe you shouldn't be outdoors. If crowds make you have a panic attack, I suggest you not visit Disneyland. There's obviously a balance to doing your best to give everyone access, and people just being entitled and ridiculous. There has to be give and take, but it seems that more and more people just take, take, take. ARGH!! Okay, ending my rant. Love you guys! :-P
    I just got done mentioning philosophies so alien to me. So by the reckoning of many, I should feel outrage that there are so many sugary treats available in the parks but because I can't really have them, I am entitled to an equal choice of non sugary substitutes??? And my own responsibility for my health, I'm not responsible for????

• mountains beyond mtns.

Jebus. That's lamesauce.
    I was only around 18 and totally thinking that I was making good for myself. My parents weren't even there either and I was so upset and didn't know how to handle it, I escaped to the restroom for a long, long time.

Alright next up is Splash Mtn music for me...Of course I'm visualizing being on the ride right now

• mountains beyond mtns.

I feel the common thread is people allowing their personal troubles, circumstances, baggage, what have you, to completely utterly get the best of them.

Hold on ipod, what's with the T.Swift songs all of a sudden? Lol!

edit: now it's Nine Inch Nails! What a transition! Disney songs to Taylor Swift to NIN
    Last edited by brand42; 08-18-2013 at 10:42 PM.

• Selfie Expert

You nailed it, Brandon --- just a lack of personal responsibility. It's everyone else's responsibility to be aware of an accommodate your health and preferences! Hehehe T Swift? What's that doing there? Family, and anyone, with negative opinions on something you're proud of can be a real bummer. Glad you've pushed through it and know what's right and best for you!

• mountains beyond mtns.

Thanks! That's what us superhero obsessed fans are supposed to do

"Catch My Breath"???? How did that even get into this music player???

• Selfie Expert

lol you have quite the playlist tonight! I always laugh when I have mine on shuffle and it will go - HIM, Buddy Holly, Kanye West, Monsters Inc, CCR or something like that. I have a wide variety, but am VERY specific about my music. It's odd.

• mountains beyond mtns.

Work can't possibly be as drama filled as the family dinner last night, I don't think. At least the work people don't cling to past wrongs as tightly as the extended family does.