Page 120 of 322 FirstFirst ... 207095110117118119120121122123130145170220 ... LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,800 of 4826

• Evil is Sexy

Re: OMG! Let's Talk On Lion!!

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    I'm going to vent here since you all hopefully know by now that I'm not just a jerk lol I skimmed through the GAC resuest for panic attacks and fear of bees, which affirmed my opinion of GACs: If you have a condition that is hazardous to your health, and standing in line or being in the park might TRIGGER that condition, then you should probably AVOID BEING AT THE PARK or riding rides that may trigger it. For example, riding a ride while pregnant puts the baby at risk for injury - so I'm not going to ride it. I'm not going to ask Disney to provide me with an alternative version of the ride (not bumpy or whatever) so I can ride it. I'm going to accept my condition and the fact that because of it, I have limits. If being outdoors makes you think a bee is going to kill you, maybe you shouldn't be outdoors. If crowds make you have a panic attack, I suggest you not visit Disneyland. There's obviously a balance to doing your best to give everyone access, and people just being entitled and ridiculous. There has to be give and take, but it seems that more and more people just take, take, take. ARGH!! Okay, ending my rant. Love you guys! :-P
    You are not a jerk. I feel the same about these people who insist on being treated differently because "They have the right to go to Disney." Well, good for you. There is the arguement in that thread too that there is a social stigma associated with mental and physical illness. Yes, there is. I'm sorry if you were handed a bum wrap for some reason. I was too with arthritis. I don't let it stop me. And if something I might do will cause it to become worse, I DON'T DO THAT THING. One day, I will be a crippled old lady, with a hunched back (because I slouch too much) and bad feet in an ECV. I'm hoping I won't be assuming everyone should move out of the way for ME and that I should get able to get on EVERY RIDE because I have the right to. I don't have that right. My ailments took them away.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    I'm going to vent here since you all hopefully know by now that I'm not just a jerk lol I skimmed through the GAC resuest for panic attacks and fear of bees, which affirmed my opinion of GACs: If you have a condition that is hazardous to your health, and standing in line or being in the park might TRIGGER that condition, then you should probably AVOID BEING AT THE PARK or riding rides that may trigger it. For example, riding a ride while pregnant puts the baby at risk for injury - so I'm not going to ride it. I'm not going to ask Disney to provide me with an alternative version of the ride (not bumpy or whatever) so I can ride it. I'm going to accept my condition and the fact that because of it, I have limits. If being outdoors makes you think a bee is going to kill you, maybe you shouldn't be outdoors. If crowds make you have a panic attack, I suggest you not visit Disneyland. There's obviously a balance to doing your best to give everyone access, and people just being entitled and ridiculous. There has to be give and take, but it seems that more and more people just take, take, take. ARGH!! Okay, ending my rant. Love you guys! :-P
    Oh, every time I read a post from you I think "Wow, Kelly is a jerk". (kidding!)

I agree totally and I mentioned that on one of those posts (the one about abuse, before the one about bees got posted) and holy moly do some people not like when you question GAC abuse. I (respectfully) mentioned that for some people with certain mental and physical disabilities, maybe Disneyland is not the best vacation choice and some people (mostly one) flipped their lid. Luckily I wasn't the only person who voiced that and so some of the heat was deflected. I didn't even bother on the bees one.

And on a side note, I am totally jealous that Brandon is listening to Disney music right now.

• we jumped out a window

But I'm not listening to Disney music now

I guess people with snake phobias automatically get a GAC for Indy? Ha!

On a more serious note, I'm going to strongly recommend a 2 year ban on extended family activities. They cannot act in a civil manner and its time to reevaluate family dynamics that have been broken for decades. The main culprit from last night should not have been using a trip to visit family as a means from escaping personal troubles especially if they cannot hold them in check. It's just not worth it to have toxic filled events any longer.

Oh the price they pay for being Disney Muggles!

Quote Originally Posted by brand42 View Post
    But I'm not listening to Disney music now
    Then I am not at all jealous. Carry on.

• we jumped out a window

So Kelly is a jerk and Kirsten is heartless??? (kidding of course!)

i think a lot of posters from the GAC threads should go watch Monsters U (most theaters have reasonable ADA accommodations) though I guess some of them would want Mike to play the victim card and sue the university.

• Selfie Expert

Hahaha this is why I love this thread! I knew you all would understand.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• we jumped out a window

Understand about you being a jerk, Kelly?

I'm sure you'll agree with me that in our respective work settings, there is a lot of using one's condition as leverage to get something else..."I refuse to let my blood be drawn unless I get this..."

• Grim Grinning

Alrighty, all but one chore/errand/to do done! Cupcakes are made, deposit box acquired, car payment made, now all that's left is to go out and look at Halloween costumes.

• we jumped out a window

Is there a full moon or something? Everyone around me seems to be fighting. Now it's the boss and her daughter.

I've had enough of this week! Going to need a lot more Disney music tonight like the Space Mtn theme, HM theme (Kirsten may resume jealousy )

• Selfie Expert

Yes, understand and accept my jerkiness.

Amanda - what do you think you'll be for Halloween?

Space Mtn is one of my favorite themes. I can imagine every turn... *sigh* I miss that ride!!

Look what came in the mail today!!

(Just to clarify, the ears came in the mail... Not the dog)

Brandon - AARRRGGHHH!! Well, since I'm home now I suppose I will just have to You Tube Disneyland ride videos. I win.

For a minute I thought "Wow, you can mail order a doggie?" The ears are just as good though. I think I shall order some.

• Grim Grinning

Melissa has decided on an Alice in Wonderland theme. Mom's got an Alice costume already from last year (it was used for Wendy, all we did was take the white apron off), I'm assuming our step dad will be the Mad Hatter, that leaves Mel, Jess and I. So do we go with the White Rabbit, Cheshire Cat and Queen of Hearts, or Tweedles Dee and Dum and one of the other already listed characters? Dee and Dum would be easy costumes to construct, the Cheshire Cat however seems to be a tricky one. If you search for adult female ones, it reveals some unsavory ones and a few scary ones. I'm open to ideas because I'm getting no help from the siblings at this moment.

• Selfie Expert

I did an Alice theme with some friends in pharmacy school one Halloween. The girls bought the premade costumes, and the boys went as white rabbit and a card soldier (I don't know what they're actually called) because those costumes were cheap and easy to make at home.

They have some awesome Queen of Hearts costumes. Cheshire cat... hmm... Unless you can find a decent striped dress or outfit it might be pretty tricky to make your own version.

• Evil is Sexy

You could go as some of the flowers in the garden, the Doormouse or March Hare, Caterpillar, Carpenter and the Walrus.. there are all kinds of characters. I pray your family is going as the original characters and not the Tim Burton ones. Everytime I see someone as the Burton Hatter a tiny piece of me dies.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~