Page 122 of 288 FirstFirst ... 227297112119120121122123124125132147172222 ... LastLast
Results 1,816 to 1,830 of 4319

• Lord of the Sky

Blog Entries

Re: OMG! Let's Talk On Lion!!

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    Jim! I'm glad to hear you had positive results, though they had to keep you waiting for a while to hear them. You should really try to celebrate your birthday in DCA!! I think you'll really enjoy yourself there and you really deserve to do something like that for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by brand42 View Post
    Jim, I'm so glad to hear you are okay!
    Quote Originally Posted by kirstenh View Post
    Glad it all turned out okay, Jim!
    Aw....THANK YOU you guys for your support and Encouagement..........
    means alot!Jim
    Soaring like an EAGLE !

• Selfie Expert

Came in an hour early to work to make up for the hour I was planning to leave early tomorrow... only to find that one of the morning pharmacists changed his schedule to come in later because he wanted to go out tonight. Argh. Oh well, extra hour of OT!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Grim Grinning

Thanks Kelly. The first duck of the evening just didn't do anything. It sat in the pan content to not do a whole lot of rising. The second one came out beautiful on one side, but on the other, he has no face. He reminds me a little of Two-Face and it scares me. So I'm calling it good. I'm either gonna shave down the side of the head that came out perfect so it matches the other side, or I'm just going to put a LOT of frosting on the deformed side to build it up.

• Selfie Expert

That pan sure gave you a lot of trouble. Sheesh.

• Grim Grinning

It's a demon I'm pretty sure. And I came up with a different idea to solve the issue with its head. I filled the other half of the pan with foil, built a dam with more foil, and filled the head. I'm baking that now, and with any amount of luck, I can get it to turn out. Then I'll just give the demon a head transplant tomorrow. Never again will I use a 3D cake pan. I'll just shape it outta stacked cake. Much easier. Takes more cake, but it's less irritating.

• Selfie Expert

Hahaha demon duck!!

• Grim Grinning

Not exactly how the people that have attempted it described it on the Wilton discussion forum. Their words were a little more colorful. Anyone that posted asking for help with it got responses of "good luck, I never got it to work." or "oh no!" That's all I can say about this thing too. Makes me question my abilities lol.

• Selfie Expert

One day I'll get one, and you can laugh at my attempts and realize that your abilities are far superior lol

• Evil is Sexy

Cake sculpting looks more fun anyway. I watch all those silly shows on Food Network and The Cooking Channel. Cupcake Wars and Ace of Cakes and Cake Boss and stuff.

It may have more left over cake than a form pan, but that's more cake for you to eat or share later.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

• mountains beyond mtns.

I guess I didn't make it in here yesterday...Still reeling from massive disappointment over who got the Batman part for Man of Steel 2.

Quote Originally Posted by brand42 View Post
    I guess I didn't make it in here yesterday...Still reeling from massive disappointment over who got the Batman part for Man of Steel 2.
    You're not the only one. I am one of the few people who actually likes Ben Affleck as an actor and even I don't think he's right for the part.

• Evil is Sexy

Eh. Maybe he'll surprise us.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

• Lord of the Sky

Blog Entries

I just wanted say Hello Everone!
    it's been a long week........
    But the weekend is here......(for some of us LOL ...Kelly Girl)
    Jim
    Soaring like an EAGLE !

• mountains beyond mtns.

You won't believe the evening I'm having!

My run to freedom from work got interrupted because a nurse called asking for "round plates". Unfortunately, Kristen fielded the call otherwise I would have replied with "Well you may or not be aware of this but we also have hexagonal plates and triangular plates as well as star shaped plates. Are you sure you just want plain round ones???"

Of course I bring the plates only to get a call minutes later from a nurse asking for "one of those round things, you know, for soups and stuff!"

I ponder for a split second before telling her "oh! You mean a BOWL?????" At this point with minutes left in the shift, I really don't know how to take such ignorance.

Once again, here's stuff I would have liked to say "Gwen, when you were in nursing school, I understand there must have been lots of nap times but did you have regular identify the objects on the flash cards time???? This. Is. A. Syr - ringe. Repeat after me class, syyyyyrrrr-ringe.

Anyhow Gwen's ignorance cost me precious time and I missed my train by seconds. Bus would normally be faster but not tonight because the stupid Dodgers are playing the equally Red Sox.

Finally got on the train but then the second one I need to take to get home stops for a few minutes, something's wrong with a door and the driver has to get out to investigate.

So I finally reach the station by my home, walk past the supermarket, decide I should go in and every line is way too long...Unfortunately, whenever I switch check out lines that one suddenly becomes the slowest one so I just stay the course.

Finally, finally, finally I make it home in one peace.

Oh and about Bat-fleck, I guess I'm willing to give him a chance now. If Batman were my favorite hero, that would be a different story though. Kelly's husband is not okay with it though and a bit of background on that, he and I have had this ongoing Superman vs. Batman debate. I'm still not sure if he really likes the Bat that much or it's just to troll me for liking Superman so much.

Alright time to relax, nothing can go wrong in my own home, right?

Oh wait, I had a package waiting for me from Amazon and it never fails that packages arrive on days that are really horrible at work.

• Grim Grinning

Well, cakes and cupcakes are all done. They all look great, now I just need to photograph everything and share it with you all. The recipient is here, I hit a small bump in the road to finishing the cake, so she brought me the stuff I needed and loves everything. She's eating the left over frosting and I baked off the extra batter to send home with her too. She's a very happy camper.