Page 131 of 298 FirstFirst ... 3181106121128129130131132133134141156181231 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,965 of 4457

• Selfie Expert

Re: OMG! Let's Talk On Lion!!

Bummer about the weather. It's still 20 degrees cooler than here, but I was really hoping it wouldn't make it out of the 80's. At least I'll be spending a good half of Thursday in either Club 33 or Carthay Circle!

Friday we might just have to take a break at the hottest time of day. We're not dressing up until around 3, probably won't be out of the hotel room in our duds until 4ish. I have a feeling we might be hiding out in Trader Sam's until it cools off in the evening.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Grim Grinning

I was most likely the lurker lol. And yeah, remembering I have a treat at home was what I needed within half an hour of being there. Had a lady trying to use our "in seconds" photo kiosk. Our photo lab went down when the store opened, so we'd put a sign on one of the machines that read "Photo is closed do to a technical problem". She asked me why nothing was happening at the kiosk she was sitting at. I pointed to the sign, and she said she thought it was just that machine. I politely told her that unfortunately it was the entire system. She then decided to yell at me because if that was the case, it should be more clear. I guess the sign that said photo was closed wasn't very clear.....? Some people make me laugh.

• Selfie Expert

It wasn't you, it was a friend - they don't hide their username like us super cool spy people!

People. Ugh.

• Selfie Expert

3 more days!!!

And just tonight and two more shifts to get through!

• Evil is Sexy

I'll do my best to see if we can come up on Friday. No guarantees, sadly. The Navy is very active right now and my husband has warned me we may not get to DLR until the end of September/October now.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

• Grim Grinning

Ahhh rain! Loving this! Best day off ever lol. The massive bout of thunder at 5am was unnecessary, but I went back to sleep anyhow.

• mountains beyond mtns.

I guess it's too much to expect people being appreciative of you working on Labor Day.

• Grim Grinning

Well duh! It's too much to expect people to be anything but horrible any other day, why should today be different? Hahaha that sounds really mean, but I promise I'm being sarcastic. Somehow I lucked out and have today off. I suppose I should call my dad and figure out what we're doing about the upcoming weekend since thanks to the Rim Fire, we're no longer going camping in Yosemite lol.

• mountains beyond mtns.

Someone neglected to push in a floor level shelf so of course I slammed my ankle into it. Doesn't seem that bad but between that and all the unnecessary drama at work, it's been the worst Labor Day ever.

• Grim Grinning

Oh I know how that goes. It's funny how the little things add up and seem worse than the big stuff. Big stuff at work I can ignore, but when a zillion little things go wrong, I just wanna go hide in the warehouse and cry.

• mountains beyond mtns.

Yep, little things do add up especially when you also inherit leftover messes from other people.

At least being here means I don't have to go to a family barbecue. The bully from last time has left town but the rest are just going to rehash and vent about what went down last time. I just think that if people are nice enough to let you stay with them for a week, whether it's family or friends, you have zero right to bully and force your ways upon people.

• Grim Grinning

Oh how I love inheriting problems lol. I'm sorry you have the family to deal with again. We went out to dinner at a place we hadn't gone to in years because they could never get my mom's order right. We figured we'd give them another chance since it had been so long. Big mistake. Mom and I ordered EXACTLY the same thing. Steaks cooked medium. Mine was fine, mom's was practically still raw. We pointed it out to the waitress who offered to get it back on the grill, but that's usually a bad idea since when my mom does that, it comes back well done. So she just ate her potato. I ate most of my food, but yet again, after eating, I feel like I'm going to be sick. So we're both home and miserable now lol.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by amanda.collishaw View Post
    Oh how I love inheriting problems lol. I'm sorry you have the family to deal with again. We went out to dinner at a place we hadn't gone to in years because they could never get my mom's order right. We figured we'd give them another chance since it had been so long. Big mistake. Mom and I ordered EXACTLY the same thing. Steaks cooked medium. Mine was fine, mom's was practically still raw. We pointed it out to the waitress who offered to get it back on the grill, but that's usually a bad idea since when my mom does that, it comes back well done. So she just ate her potato. I ate most of my food, but yet again, after eating, I feel like I'm going to be sick. So we're both home and miserable now lol.
    Sometimes it seems like problems are my inheritance too. Ultimately, I'm pretty good at swapping my problems out for solutions.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    Bummer about the weather. It's still 20 degrees cooler than here, but I was really hoping it wouldn't make it out of the 80's. At least I'll be spending a good half of Thursday in either Club 33 or Carthay Circle!

Friday we might just have to take a break at the hottest time of day. We're not dressing up until around 3, probably won't be out of the hotel room in our duds until 4ish. I have a feeling we might be hiding out in Trader Sam's until it cools off in the evening.
    That Trader Sam runs a fine tavern. Too bad that he never seems to be around.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 09-02-2013 at 08:32 PM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Selfie Expert

I always manage to have some leftover mess from the shift before - usually checking the meds from code carts that were brought in during first shift (the shift with by far the most staffing, mind you). So it goes through their shift, second shift, and when I come in I vent about them, check them, seal them up, and give myself some credit for not stooping to their level and passing it back to them.

Tonight and tomorrow, then Wednesday night we head to Cali!!!