Page 134 of 317 FirstFirst ... 3484109124131132133134135136137144159184234 ... LastLast
Results 1,996 to 2,010 of 4754

• Grim Grinning

Re: OMG! Let's Talk On Lion!!

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    My order entry system is completely down - I cannot enter any new orders, nor see any current ones. I can't look at ANYTHING! So I'm having to send meds based off what the nurses ask for, which is terrifying, and have to hand write out the labels.

This. is. AWFUL.

Ugh.

At least I have a light at the end of the tunnel... I'm off in 5.5 hours and only have errands related to vacation to deal with!
    Ugh, that sounds awful!! I wouldn't wanna deal with that at all, all kinds of scary. But yay! It's vacation time now! I wanna go with, but I'm at home picking out paint colors for the house. Apparently men are coming Monday to paint the exterior and they need a color picked by Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    That's right. Football starts on Sunday. Or is it earlier than that?

The Bears play the Bengals. My brother was a Cardinals fan when he was alive. That goes back to when the Cardinals were Chicago's 2nd football team.
    That explains the name then. I don't recall seeing a lot of Cardinals in AZ.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

The football Cardinals have went from Chicago, to St. Louis, and finally to Phoenix.

I didn't know that. I was never a football fan growing up. I loved baseball instead. When the Bears won the Super Bowl in 1985, I became a football fan. That was a wild and fun season. It was then that my older brother explained to me how he became a Cardinal fan. We would visit the south side of Chicago, and he would watch football with our cousin. Who did he watch? Not the Bears, but the Cardinals. Then the Cardinals later moved to St. Louis and my brother still rooted for them. He was always loyal to his Cardinals, even when they moved to Phoenix.

My brother died in 1994. It's a shame that he didn't get to see them make the Super Bowl in 2008, I believe it was.
    Last edited by Barbaraann; 09-04-2013 at 02:45 PM.

• Grim Grinning

The Sharks have their first game on the 16th, I'm excited for that.

• Selfie Expert

I'm with you, Amanda. HOCKEY!

We finally got to the Anabella Hotel, about to go to bed. Up early tomorrow to transfer to GCH and head to the parks!!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• we jumped out a window

But the thing about NHL fandom is that I could talk about Kyle Palmieri and Victor Fasth of the Ducks and either you won't know who they are or not know what they look like.

For NFL fans, I could talk about Drew Brees, Tim Tebow, Aaron Hernandez (okay very bad example ) and everyone knows what they look like.

Enjoy despite the heat, Kelly! I don't know how I'll hold up tomorrow.

Petco's massive amount of Star Wars merchandise should be out in stores btw.
    Last edited by brand42; 09-05-2013 at 08:08 AM.

• Grim Grinning

Enjoy the parks, Kelly!

Brandon, the reason I would even know what Tim Tebow looked like if I were to trip over him is that football gets much more news coverage. Hockey gets glossed over with a quick "And in hockey, team a beat team b" no footage beyond the 2 second clip of the winning goal. Then they go back to football and show you how Tebow saved the entire planet winning the game. You've got post game interviews and endless hours of game footage lol.

• Evil is Sexy

Quote Originally Posted by brand42 View Post
    But the thing about NHL fandom is that I could talk about Kyle Palmieri and Victor Fasth of the Ducks and either you won't know who they are or not know what they look like.

For NFL fans, I could talk about Drew Brees, Tim Tebow, Aaron Hernandez (okay very bad example ) and everyone knows what they look like.

Enjoy despite the heat, Kelly! I don't know how I'll hold up tomorrow.

Petco's massive amount of Star Wars merchandise should be out in stores btw.
    I know none of the people you listed. None. Then again, we aren't into sports at all in our house. We like to mess with sports fanatics and ask them things like "Oh.. Basketball. Yeah. That touchdown last night was great." Or "Football? Is that the one with the checkered ball and the nets?" Only works for American Football. LOL.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

• Evil is Sexy

Kelly!!! Andrew Ducote and his wife are going to be at DLR at the same time as you and your Hubby. Probably not a big deal to most, but they are the "infamous" Peter and Wendy that got married after meeting there. AKA Spieling Peter.

Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

• we jumped out a window

I forgot what I wanted to say...

but it's 100 in Anaheim right now so DCA must be like 125!!!

Susan, most people have no idea who Satele Shan is so it evens out

• Selfie Expert

The heat really got to us yesterday. The humidity is not something we are used to at all and it took a major toll. Bleh. If there were just a breeze at least it would be tolerable!

Hoping today is a little better. Taking things slow, staying indoors as much as possible, and trying to stay hydrated. We have a loooong day ahead of us!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• we jumped out a window

So I have lunch in an hour with some girl named Kelly and her husband. Wish me luck! Lol! Seriously, I'm going to get trolled so much!!!

Kelly did I not warn you that it might be around 100??

I hope you make it out alive Brandon! Don't ride any dark rides with them and stay in public at all times and you should be safe.

• we jumped out a window

Quote Originally Posted by kirstenh View Post
    I hope you make it out alive Brandon! Don't ride any dark rides with them and stay in public at all times and you should be safe.
    I survived, Kirsten!! Lol!

I got to see Kelly's belly/bump in person! And we got to meet Chef Oscar, DL's longest tenured employee and one of the nicest and Kelly got her photo taken with him.

Since it takes hours and hours for you girls to get dressed, she went back to her hotel after lunch while I went on Indy. My verdict on the new Mara - I don't mind the voice but I'd rather they not do those projection effects and the old effects were better.

It's only 99 degrees right now but hey, if you have to be somewhere at that temperature, might as well be here

• Grim Grinning

Sounds like a good day! I'm trying to figure out what to do about dinner. Everyone's sick to some degree or another and nothing sounds good to anyone.