Page 144 of 323 FirstFirst ... 4494119134141142143144145146147154169194244 ... LastLast
Results 2,146 to 2,160 of 4840

• Selfie Expert

Re: OMG! Let's Talk On Lion!!

My kitten gets "sleepy eyes" when he's ready for bed. They get all droopy, and if you pet him he does the sleepiest, whiny meow. It's so pathetic.

Good night!! Hope you don't wake up with any scares tomorrow!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• we jumped out a window

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    Really?! Nothing all day? What? Do you all have lives or something?

Sharks v. Yotes tonight!
    Too busy getting stuck on Indy! We stopped between giant snake and the pit of skulls for around 10 minutes and I thought I would notch my 3rd evac from Indy. However they decided to try to get it up and running and we finished the ride with the lights on. They let us go again but it still wasn't functioning normally. Btw, the Curtain of Time looks horrible now.

• Evil is Sexy

Emergancy pet bills are sometimes scary. When my babies were ill for those 7 days and finally taken in (glad they were), we didn't know what was wrong and authorized a special lab test to check for rarer things like salmonella. Luckily.. I guess.. they only had hookworms. No idea where they got them from. But the final bill was over $400.

I love my babies and am glad we paid the extra $150 for the special test, just in case. But, man.. expensive.

Kelly, my interview is for the "Red and Khaki", again. The store I've wanted to work for the whole time, but had bad luck trying to request a transfer to. Ironically, my LOA expired and I was "terminated" (on good terms) from the company and suddenly they want to have me in for an interview. LMAO. Are transfers that much a PITA? Really?
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

• Grim Grinning

Yeah, they're lucky they're so darned cute.

In other news, apparently one of my sisters tried using the hair drier this morning but it wouldn't turn on, so she tripped the breaker to get it to come on. That turned all the lights on in my room. Scared the ever loving life out of me. I was trying to figure out how my cat figured out how to flip switches half way up the wall.

Yeah, the furbabies can be pricey. I have spend over $1K on my kitty so far to diagnose her and will be another $2,500 if I decide to do chemo. I kind of want to but I don't think I can afford it. I hate being in that position.

• Selfie Expert

Last summer we were stuck with a decision like that. My cat was only about 3 years old, and he suddenly became severely anemic, stopped eating, and lost a ton of weight. We did a few tests and couldn't find anything, the vet then said they could look for cancer in his intestines, spend thousands on chemo, and only extend his life by a questionable amount of time and he wouldn't be feeling good. We put him down. I still tear up thinking about it. Making those kinds of decisions is so heartbreaking.

• Selfie Expert

Tomorrow they have three pharmacists scheduled in the morning, one noon-8pm, and then me alone 8pm-6am.

So irritated.

That was awfully considerate of them. Maybe one of the nurses will take pity on you and bring you a treat.

• Selfie Expert

It's a mini donut from the vending machine kind of night.

• Grim Grinning

Quote Originally Posted by kirstenh View Post
    Yeah, the furbabies can be pricey. I have spend over $1K on my kitty so far to diagnose her and will be another $2,500 if I decide to do chemo. I kind of want to but I don't think I can afford it. I hate being in that position.
    I don't remember what we spent on my childhood cat. We got him when I was 6, and we had to put him down a week before I started my senior year of high school. He became diabetic in his old age, so he needed shots twice a day. That was all well and good, he started getting better, but after a while his kidneys started to fail. We decided to just put him down. I was torn up of course since we'd had him for so long, but he was also supposed to go with me when I took my senior portraits. We'd paid for the session with a pet, but had to change that.

Last summer we were stuck with a decision like that. My cat was only about 3 years old, and he suddenly became severely anemic, stopped eating, and lost a ton of weight. We did a few tests and couldn't find anything, the vet then said they could look for cancer in his intestines, spend thousands on chemo, and only extend his life by a questionable amount of time and he wouldn't be feeling good. We put him down. I still tear up thinking about it. Making those kinds of decisions is so heartbreaking.
    That's sad! Melissa had a cat like that. She was sick when we got her, so she knew what she was getting into, but it was still hard. I still tear up thinking about the kitties I've lost. Always hard losing one.

Tomorrow they have three pharmacists scheduled in the morning, one noon-8pm, and then me alone 8pm-6am.

So irritated.
    Sounds like my work! I'm sorry, I hope it went alright.

• Evil is Sexy

My interview with the Target near my house went well. I'll let you guys know when I do.

I also *just* finished taking a call from The Disney Store in El Cajon, CA and set up an interview at 0700 on Wendesday the 25th. That one is only seasonal, but now suddenly the phone calls are coming in. LOL.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

Ooooh, Disney Store! Maybe it will end up being permanent. Is there any way you could swing both? Not sure what the commute is or how many hours you would work at each.

Missin me around here?
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by amanda.collishaw View Post
    Sounds like my work! I'm sorry, I hope it went alright.
    So far, so good. The pharmacist who worked second shift stayed until 9 to help clean up orders and such, plus she advocated for me and pushed a point I was trying to make with our director - and actually got my director to realize that the tech I'm having an issue with was LYING and that he was not doign his job correctly. Finally! So I was super grateful for that. Now, if I can just make it through the next 9 hours...

Quote Originally Posted by WildeNight View Post
    My interview with the Target near my house went well. I'll let you guys know when I do.

I also *just* finished taking a call from The Disney Store in El Cajon, CA and set up an interview at 0700 on Wendesday the 25th. That one is only seasonal, but now suddenly the phone calls are coming in. LOL.
    Oh!! Disney store would be fun!! Plus the discounts... if you could work it as a second job, you'd be justified in spending the paycheck from there on Disney stuff. That's my rationale, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by stitchfanocala View Post
    Missin me around here?
    Um YES! Where the heck have you benn?!

• Selfie Expert

Kirsten - I have to give you a virtual high five for your most recent posts in the DAS/autism thread. So well said! I'm trying to stay out of there, so I'm posting it in our safe place lol