Page 146 of 309 FirstFirst ... 4696121136143144145146147148149156171196246 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,190 of 4625

• Selfie Expert

Re: OMG! Let's Talk On Lion!!

Holy stubbed toe, Batman!! Nothing brings me to tears quicker than stubbing my toe, and that is one painful looking stubbing! How long do you have to tape it for the break?

I would say break a leg on your interview... but... *high five* You'll rock it! Excited to hear how it goes!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Evil is Sexy

Recommended taping for 2 weeks. Can take up to 6 weeks to fully heal. Can't wait 6 weeks to go to Disney though.. I'd like to experiance the Halloween stuff early and avoid the crushing crowds.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

• mountains beyond mtns.

Good luck with the Disney Store interview, Susan!

Just go to DL earlier than 6 weeks and get a GAC, lol!!!

• mountains beyond mtns.

Here's where I got stuck on Indy this past Saturday.

And it just so happens I got a Leia/Boussh vinylmation that day and I was able to take this simulated Jabba's Palace shot from inside Indy.

Name:  92476FC7-1D9B-462C-BD3E-FCB629A303CA-27262-000015FCC20A624D_zps1170ae00.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  59.9 KB

• Evil is Sexy

LOL. Nice shot, Brandon!

I'll let you guys know all about it when I get back. I'm not super excited about this interview for some reason. It was called a "group interview" when she called. Maybe that is why.

Good thing I'm not auditioning for face/fur at the parks. LMAO. Broken toe is bad enough gimping around, let alone the dancing I would have to muddle through.

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

• Evil is Sexy

Oh! As for the GAC... LOL! I don't use it for my arthritis, I wouldn't really want to use it for my gimpy toe either. I really wish I still had my "boot" from surgery all those years ago, though. You know, one of these:

But, I cannibalized it for the long velcro straps for a project not long after I was out of it. I do have another in my future, once I opt in for my bone fusion. But that isn't until sometime next year. And I still won't GAC it, damn it!! LOL. I can gimp around just fine in that - plus I'll have my hubby on bodyguard duty to make sure no one bumps me.

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.

Union Station probably would've been crazy that day they filmed down there. And those are some awesome looking pics, Brandon.
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

• Selfie Expert

Love the pics, Brandon!

Group interviews can be extra intimidating or extra casual, just depending on the group! I hope it's a fun experience, at least!

• Grim Grinning

Yikes! That looks all kinds of painful! Hopefully it heals quickly though.

Brandon, I posted a cookie recipe you should go look at. You can eat em!

I had to put my kitty down tonight. She drug herself into the room we were in, collapsed and started meowing pitifully. I knew it was coming; apparently she decided she was done. We let her outside and put her down on the grass because she used to love patrolling the yard and nibbling on grass but she just laid down and showed no interest.

I will miss her. :*(

• Evil is Sexy

Luckily for me, the other 3 ladies that showed up were all super cool. One was slightly older than me, even. We were taken backstage and introduced to how they do it the "Disney way." Guests, not customers. We make magic and experiances, never force sales. We did a "meet your partner" exercise where we learned our team mate's favorite Disney movie, character and a little about them. We did a roleplay exercise with our partner with different scenario's we may encounter in the store. We went down the line and answered questions about previous retail experiances (or work in general.) It was fairly laid back. Took about 40 minutes.

We were all invited back tomorrow for scheduled one on ones with the main store manager. Seriously, these ladies were awesome. I am very glad to have gotten to meet them, even if I don't get to work with them.

So, I guess I'll let you all know how tomorrow goes.

And thanks for the well wishes for the toe. I really only posted the photo for my own morbid amusement. I am really fascinated at all the colors it had turned. LMAO.

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.

• Evil is Sexy

Quote Originally Posted by kirstenh View Post
    I had to put my kitty down tonight. She drug herself into the room we were in, collapsed and started meowing pitifully. I knew it was coming; apparently she decided she was done. We let her outside and put her down on the grass because she used to love patrolling the yard and nibbling on grass but she just laid down and showed no interest.

Oh no!!! I'm so sorry. She went over the Rainbow Bridge to a happier place. And, you know, she'll never truly leave you. They are always there, watching, nudging, loving you from afar. I bet she'll even sneak into your dreams sometimes to give you comfort.

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.

• Grim Grinning

I'm so sorry!! I know we're getting close to that with one of our cats too. Always a tough thing.

Quote Originally Posted by WildeNight View Post
    Luckily for me, the other 3 ladies that showed up were all super cool. One was slightly older than me, even. We were taken backstage and introduced to how they do it the "Disney way." Guests, not customers. We make magic and experiances, never force sales. We did a "meet your partner" exercise where we learned our team mate's favorite Disney movie, character and a little about them. We did a roleplay exercise with our partner with different scenario's we may encounter in the store. We went down the line and answered questions about previous retail experiances (or work in general.) It was fairly laid back. Took about 40 minutes.

We were all invited back tomorrow for scheduled one on ones with the main store manager. Seriously, these ladies were awesome. I am very glad to have gotten to meet them, even if I don't get to work with them.

So, I guess I'll let you all know how tomorrow goes.

And thanks for the well wishes for the toe. I really only posted the photo for my own morbid amusement. I am really fascinated at all the colors it had turned. LMAO.
    That sounds like fun! I'm glad it went well. My sister just got hired at Chipotle and went though a similar process. They had her do a total of 3 interviews and after the 3rd interview, she started the next day I think. If not it was the day after.

• Selfie Expert

I'm so sorry!! So heart breaking to lose a pet. She's much more comfortable now.

Quote Originally Posted by WildeNight View Post

Sounds like fun!! I'm excited to hear how tomorrow goes!

Quote Originally Posted by amanda.collishaw View Post
    That sounds like fun! I'm glad it went well. My sister just got hired at Chipotle and went though a similar process. They had her do a total of 3 interviews and after the 3rd interview, she started the next day I think. If not it was the day after.
    OMG Chipotle is sooooo ridiculously delicious! Mmmm!!

That sounds like a really cool group interview! I will be excited if you get to start there. I could never work at a Disney store though, I would spend my entire paycheck at work. I can just see myself - "I need this, and this, and one of these, and this, and I don't even know what this is but I need it too...."