Page 153 of 322 FirstFirst ... 53103128143150151152153154155156163178203253 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,295 of 4826

• Grim Grinning

Re: OMG! Let's Talk On Lion!!

Yes he did, he's not very happy with me lol. And yes, yes they did haha. I got home in time to see the highlights. Not sure how I feel about all the new changes yet. I think making the net smaller and putting thinner padding on the goal tender is a dumb idea. You heard they're trying to do away with fighting right?

• Selfie Expert

Wait what no I haven't heard of ANY of these changes! WTH? I haven't watched any games yet. I'm thinking about going to the Yotes game Tuesday night...

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Grim Grinning

Next time you can catch a game, check out the blue area around the goal tender vs how wide the net is now. They shortened it by several inches if not a foot on either side, kinda hard to tell on tv. The goal tender has thinner and less padding, you can't take your helmet off BEFORE a fight, they can't tuck their jerseys in, there's a penalty now called hybrid icing, no idea what it means even after looking it up. Apparently if the team with the puck gets to the other end before the defending team does, the ref can call the play dead. I know there's more to it but that's all I remember. And yeah, they used the Detroit Red Wings as an example as to why fighting isn't necessary in hockey. Apparently they have the lowest average of fights in a game. Not sure I'd still watch that faithfully if they do away with fighting.

I was all set to make snickerdoodles today but the heating element in our oven broke. As in, snapped in half. The broiler works but I have never broiled cookies before and have a feeling that I would find it very difficult to regulate the temp enough to do so.

• Selfie Expert

Wow! I'll have to look all of it up. It seems they're always talking about banning fighting in hockey, hopefully it's just more "talk" and doesn't actually happen.

Hybrid icing? Some new green initiative? lol

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by kirstenh View Post
    I was all set to make snickerdoodles today but the heating element in our oven broke. As in, snapped in half. The broiler works but I have never broiled cookies before and have a feeling that I would find it very difficult to regulate the temp enough to do so.
    I picture black burnt cookies with raw middles using the broiler. That stinks about the heating element! Is that something that can be repaired/replaced or do you have to buy a whole new oven?
    Last edited by KellyMcG86; 10-06-2013 at 10:55 PM.

• Grim Grinning

Quote Originally Posted by kirstenh View Post
    That sucks big time! I'd go nuts if my oven went out. For me, putting garlic bread under the broiler and not charring it is an accomplishment, I'm sure cookies would be quite a task.

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    Wow! I'll have to look all of it up. It seems they're always talking about banning fighting in hockey, hopefully it's just more "talk" and doesn't actually happen.

Hybrid icing? Some new green initiative? lol
    Yeah, hopefully it's just all talk. And I think it's hybrid icing because it's crossed with something else? I dunno, it's silly nonsense.

• Selfie Expert

Icing is a pain in the butt enough call, now they have a fancy version of it? Sounds like refs just trying to justify their stupid job! (Refs make me angry as a Yotes fan lol)

• Grim Grinning

Refs make everyone angry lol. When the Sharks were playing Vancouver, one of the Canucks smacked one of the Sharks in the face with the end of their stick directly in front of the ref and it wasn't called.

• Selfie Expert

I don't think I've ever been so angry at refs than when we were in the playoffs the season before last.

• we jumped out a window

Hi Fantasmico!!

As if there weren't enough stoppages in play, hybrid icing had to be invented???

Kelly, Snow White pin??? . My friend Chris already asked me. I *might* be able to go on Friday.

Edit: after reading more about hybrid icing, it looks like its goal is to eliminate players piledriving each other into the boards when icing is about to be called and they're racing to get the puck.

It might not be so bad...the player on offense just needs to get to the puck first and then icing won't be called.
    Last edited by brand42; 10-07-2013 at 08:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    I picture black burnt cookies with raw middles using the broiler. That stinks about the heating element! Is that something that can be repaired/replaced or do you have to buy a whole new oven?
    I'm pretty sure you can buy that item separately but the install is a pain. The good thing about being a renter is that it's someone else's problem to get someone out there to replace it.

I can barely understand football rules. I tried to watch soccer once and could barely follow what was going on. I'm sure hockey would be just a confoozling.

• Grim Grinning

I don't understand football to save my life. Hockey I get for the most part because you can see most of the time when someone does something they're not supposed to. Football on the other hand, dude's running along with the ball and the whistle gets blown.

• we jumped out a window

Name:  48EB86AF-A3C3-4BB3-92A8-31120571E56F-30042-0000073DF60AD8F4_zps911621b7.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  48.9 KB

My newly refurbished office space! The table is so new, you can smell the wood/finish.

Kirsten, I don't feel like talking about football today. That Denver Dallas game was a real killer...how are my imaginary Yahoo teams supposed to beat teams with Peyton Manning and his 5 td's per game??? Argh!!!!

Seahawks lost too. Boo.

Fall finally landed with a big wet splotch. Had a pretty sunny weekend, which was good as we went to Fright Fest at a local amusement park. And now it is grey and cloudy with some rain for the rest of this week (and the next 9 months for that matter).