Page 157 of 306 FirstFirst ... 57107132147154155156157158159160167182207257 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,355 of 4586

Re: OMG! Let's Talk On Lion!!

[QUOTE=WildeNight;1057036174Waiting on my official Orientation date confirmation. I dreamed I opened the store last night, though, and Kelly was the one to unlock the store. LOL.[/QUOTE]

If she does you have to take pics. That would be awesome!

• Evil is Sexy

Hehe. Will do! I'll (also) definitely post pics in my cast member attire once I get it all. I bought my black slacks yesterday at the Navy Exchange.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by WildeNight View Post
    LOL, Kelly. I shake my head everytime I read that stuff in the DAS threads.

Apparently THAT CERTAIN POSTER decided to try to guilt me into seeing that guerilla movie that I said I wasn't interested in - in the release thread. I just rolled my eyes. I really appreciated the "open mind" sentence. Yeah.. um.. you have no idea how open my mind actually is - but thanks for the advice. Butthead.

Anyway, toe is feeling better. Looks like our trip to DLR next Tuesday may not require me on crutches after all.

Waiting on my official Orientation date confirmation. I dreamed I opened the store last night, though, and Kelly was the one to unlock the store. LOL.
    Hahahaha that would be so awesome!! Can you imagine how angry the parents would be if the employees picked a 26 year old to do the opening? I can't wait to live vicariously through my child.... lol

Happy to hear your toe is feeling better, and jealous you have a trip coming up!!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Grim Grinning

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    I need a friend who can do eyebrows... Luckily mine aren't naturally too crazy, but I don't have a clue on how to pluck/shape the things. I'm really bad with girl stuff.
    I finally just had my sister wax mine. I'm lazy, I never bothered with them since my glasses kinda covered em up a bit, but now that I have contacts I figured I should change that.

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    Rant:

You can't wait in line because you have a bad back, but you can ride Space Mountain and Indiana Jones?

Right....

Also, saying "I could care less" means just that... you could care less, meaning you at least care a little. If you're trying to say you DON'T care, then "I couldn't care less" is the correct way to say it. Argh!

End rant.
    Right!?!? I just didn't know what to say to that one.
    Quote Originally Posted by WildeNight View Post
    LOL, Kelly. I shake my head everytime I read that stuff in the DAS threads.

Apparently THAT CERTAIN POSTER decided to try to guilt me into seeing that guerilla movie that I said I wasn't interested in - in the release thread. I just rolled my eyes. I really appreciated the "open mind" sentence. Yeah.. um.. you have no idea how open my mind actually is - but thanks for the advice. Butthead.

Anyway, toe is feeling better. Looks like our trip to DLR next Tuesday may not require me on crutches after all.

Waiting on my official Orientation date confirmation. I dreamed I opened the store last night, though, and Kelly was the one to unlock the store. LOL.
    Sadly this is why I very rarely post anywhere but here. I made the mistake of making a comment when a thread opened up about the Miley Cyrus picture coming down. I only said that it took em long enough to take it down and that I was surprised it was there as long as it was. That was met with snark, so I just walked away. You're not allowed to have an opinion in places like that lol.

• mountains beyond mtns.

"Wrecking Ball" isn't that bad of a song. If only it were someone else's though.

I guess I've been so tired lately and not even having time or energy to post.

• Grim Grinning

That's how I feel about that song too. I don't listen to it for the fact it's her music, but I caught it once. Not bad, should just be someone else lol.

• Grim Grinning

And I get to go deal with my store and district manager tomorrow. Not looking forward to it, but I'm having an ongoing issue with a customer and need them to know. This person is starting to stalk me and I'm scared that things will escalate further. It's to the point if I see him come in and I'm not on the register, I hide in the warehouse til he's gone. Even then, he'll call the store later to talk to me and the tone of the calls are just creepy. Sorry for the random spew, it's just been bouncing around my head all day.

• Selfie Expert

That's really creepy, Amanda! I hope the managers take it seriously.

I like Wrecking Ball... the song. Not the video. I actually think Miley has a good singing voice for the most part, she just needs to grow up. Hopefully she'll clean up her act and get her crap together, because I do think there is talent under all the stupidness.

Back to my overnights tonight. Bleh.

• Grim Grinning

I hope they do too. I was going to get up and go in earlier but I woke up with the worst sore throat, so I decided to sleep a little longer.

• mountains beyond mtns.

Amanda, they better take your situation seriously.

I hate it when management goes out of their way to coddle and protect customers/guests at the expense of employee well being. That seems to be too common these days however.

• Grim Grinning

Fair warning, long post:

Well, called the store before I went in to see if it was ok that I come in to talk. The store manager answered the phone, I briefly said I had something concerning to talk to him about and I was hoping the district manager had time while he was in. He told me to get down there right away. The district manager stepped out before I got there, so I just talked to the store manager. He understood the severity of what I was saying and gave me the DM's number and said to ask when he'd be back. He told me to come back at 2, so I had an hour to kill. Got grocery shopping done, then went back. Sat with the DM for 45 minutes explaining everything. Apparently he already knows who the guy is and said he's probably just a harmless older man but he's even noticed some odd behavior before my incidents came to his attention. Apparently he'd submitted compliments to the store a few times, then wasn't pleased when the entire staff wasn't notified of his praise right away. But after I told the DM my story, he pulled the emails up, got his phone number and address. We looked to see how far away he lived and if transferring him to a different store was an option. Turns out he lives half a mile from the store. So he called him to tell him to only call the store if he has a specific store related question, not to solicit rides home from unassuming customers and under no circumstances is he to talk to me. He didn't answer, so he just left a message saying he wanted to speak to him. The DM took me very seriously and said he'd make this his #1 priority as if I were his own daughter (he has one my age apparently) and was going to call him twice a day, every day until he got a hold of him. There was no need, as he came into the store later on. He tried talking to him, the guy blew him off. So he put his "dad pants" on and set him straight before he left. I've been told to call him if there are any issues at all with the guy in the future. I feel much better about everything. I'm glad both the store and district managers took it all seriously. I was really expecting to be blown off.

I'm glad they took it seriously too! Near where I live about a few years ago, a woman was divorcing her husband and had a restraining order against him. She worked at T-Mobile and her bosses blew the danger he posed off and when he came in to the store they didn't make him leave. She tried to go to the back but before she could get there he doused her with lighter fluid and lit her on fire. She was burned over something like 70% of her body and her employer is being sued and had a ton of negative press. I think the good that came out of it was that now employers take this kind of thing seriously.

• Grim Grinning

Geeze!! That's scary! Thankfully I've had great bosses in the past so I've always been able to count on them for stuff like that.

• mountains beyond mtns.

Awesome, they totally had your back Amanda.

Didn't have a very good day at work and when it was madness at the end, I felt severely light headed. Heavy traffic from people leaving the Dodgers playoff game made getting home much worse than it needed to be.

At least the Ducks won their 5th straight and the Toy Story of Terror tv special was pretty good.

• Selfie Expert

Really happy to hear they're taking care of you, Amanda. That says a lot about those bosses.

I DVRed Toy Story of Terror, along with American Horror Story. We'll be watching one or the other tomorrow before I go to work, hopefully.