Page 158 of 322 FirstFirst ... 58108133148155156157158159160161168183208258 ... LastLast
Results 2,356 to 2,370 of 4826

• Grim Grinning

Re: OMG! Let's Talk On Lion!!

Quote Originally Posted by brand42 View Post
    Awesome, they totally had your back Amanda.

Didn't have a very good day at work and when it was madness at the end, I felt severely light headed. Heavy traffic from people leaving the Dodgers playoff game made getting home much worse than it needed to be.

At least the Ducks won their 5th straight and the Toy Story of Terror tv special was pretty good.
    You should look at the link I posted, it can turn your night around. Then again, I could tell you that I see your 5 straight wins for the Ducks and raise you 6 straight wins for the Sharks.

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    Really happy to hear they're taking care of you, Amanda. That says a lot about those bosses.

I DVRed Toy Story of Terror, along with American Horror Story. We'll be watching one or the other tomorrow before I go to work, hopefully.
    AHS was pretty great tonight. I'm happy with this season.

May take a trip to a dr tomorrow, sister waxed my eyebrows two days ago and I look like a vampire from Buffy. Benedryl isn't helping either. I'm getting worried lol.

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by amanda.collishaw View Post
    I look like a vampire from Buffy. Benedryl isn't helping either. I'm getting worried lol.
    That image made me laugh out loud! Haha Yeah, I react to the wax they use for eyebrows, and the reaction got worse every time. So now, I live with unkempt brows until I get the courage to try that threading nonsense I see at the malls... Or learn to pluck them myself (yeah, right).

I was left a little uncertain if I'd enjoy this season of AHS after the first episode. Sometimes I think they try too hard to make people *gasp* (i.e. Black Widow). I'm looking forward to episode 2, though!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Evil is Sexy

My mom is really into AHS. She has said that season one was better than season 2.. but season 2 had Zachary Quinto, so he made up for some of the lacking. LOL. I've only ever watched one episode, while visiting with family. I'll have to HULU it.

I am super glad your supervisors are looking out for you. CS is hard enough without dealing with "repeat" guests with possible mental/emotional issues. Make sure you keep yourself safe too. Maybe get a small pepper spray device to keep in your pocket? I have one on my keys that has a small, limited amount of uses before needing replaced. But, I feel safer with it.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by WildeNight View Post
    My mom is really into AHS. She has said that season one was better than season 2.. but season 2 had Zachary Quinto, so he made up for some of the lacking. LOL. I've only ever watched one episode, while visiting with family. I'll have to HULU it.
    Totally 100% agree with your mom's opinions of AHS Season 1 and 2! She gets cool points.

Less than an hour left on this shift!! I'm so ridiculously uncomfortable and tired - I got about 3 hours of sleep yesterday. I can't wait to get into bed and find that perfect position with my body pillow and drift off to dream land!

• Selfie Expert

Sophia made the creepiest feeling move today. I was resting my hand on my stomach (like every pregnant woman does, right?) and all of a sudden it felt like a hand or foot went sliding along underneath it. It actually made me jump and go "EWWW!!!". I felt kind of bad about it, but it was SO weird!! Hahaha

• we jumped out a window

They're filming a Gotham City vs. Metropolis (Go Metropolis!!!!) football game at a local college for Man of Steel 2 this Saturday and need extras. Must try to go!!!

• Evil is Sexy

Sophia made the creepiest feeling move today. I was resting my hand on my stomach (like every pregnant woman does, right?) and all of a sudden it felt like a hand or foot went sliding along underneath it. It actually made me jump and go "EWWW!!!". I felt kind of bad about it, but it was SO weird!! Hahaha
    Haha! Don't feel bad. I do that to all my pregnant friends - I refer to their unborn kids as "human, worm baby, parasites". And sometimes make Alien jokes when you get to the stage you can actually see them moving under the skin. It was very funny when my one gamer geek girl friend was having twins. She would poke them back.

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

• Evil is Sexy

They're filming a Gotham City vs. Metropolis (Go Metropolis!!!!) football game at a local college for Man of Steel 2 this Saturday and need extras. Must try to go!!!
    Ooo! Fun! Good luck!!

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.

• Grim Grinning

That image made me laugh out loud! Haha Yeah, I react to the wax they use for eyebrows, and the reaction got worse every time. So now, I live with unkempt brows until I get the courage to try that threading nonsense I see at the malls... Or learn to pluck them myself (yeah, right).

I was left a little uncertain if I'd enjoy this season of AHS after the first episode. Sometimes I think they try too hard to make people *gasp* (i.e. Black Widow). I'm looking forward to episode 2, though!
    Yeah, the novelty of the vamp look has worn off lol. One of my friends was all "I knew you were a vampire!!" I've iced it, covered it in Benedryl cream, nothing is helping. I suppose I should toodle down to a waxing place today and see what they recommend I do.

I've enjoyed the season so far, but I agree that the Black Widow thing is a bit much. I'm not sure where they're going with that one, but we shall see I suppose.

I am super glad your supervisors are looking out for you. CS is hard enough without dealing with "repeat" guests with possible mental/emotional issues. Make sure you keep yourself safe too. Maybe get a small pepper spray device to keep in your pocket? I have one on my keys that has a small, limited amount of uses before needing replaced. But, I feel safer with it.
    Season 2 just had waaaay too much going on for me. I still enjoyed it, but I'd find myself on the computer while it was on so I wasn't paying 100% attention to it all the time.

I have a can of pepper spray, but I don't know if they'd allow me to have one at work, even a little one on my keys. I guess I should have asked yesterday. I've been working for them so long that my employee handbook thing is long gone lol. I usually close though, so me walking out to my car alone never happens. But it would be nice to have on the off chance that I don't close and I'm off at 9 or something.

That sounds creepy!!

And that reminds me, my friend had her baby last night. It was an emergency c-section, but I didn't get any more info than that. He was 7lbs. 15oz and 21 inches. I saw a picture, he's super cute.

• we jumped out a window

Haha! Don't feel bad. I do that to all my pregnant friends - I refer to their unborn kids as "human, worm baby, parasites". And sometimes make Alien jokes when you get to the stage you can actually see them moving under the skin. It was very funny when my one gamer geek girl friend was having twins. She would poke them back.
    Suddenly I just thought of a scene from Prometheus (saw it again somewhat recently)

• Selfie Expert

Do it!!!!!

We affectionately refer to her as a "crotch burster" once in a while...

Quote Originally Posted by amanda.collishaw View Post
    Season 2 just had waaaay too much going on for me. I still enjoyed it, but I'd find myself on the computer while it was on so I wasn't paying 100% attention to it all the time.

That sounds creepy!!

And that reminds me, my friend had her baby last night. It was an emergency c-section, but I didn't get any more info than that. He was 7lbs. 15oz and 21 inches. I saw a picture, he's super cute.
    That was exactly my complaint about Season 2. I just couldn't give my full attention to it lol

I hope they're both okay! He's a good, healthy weight. I never know what length they're supposed to be, but that sounds normal lol And awesome that he's cute! I usually think newborn babies are... not... but they become super cute later!

• Grim Grinning

Everyone's doing alright, I guess she has some recovery to do, but I didn't get any more info than that. And yeah, that's a good length for them; my middle sister was the same size when she was born.

• Grim Grinning

Ugh, I hate shootouts. We're not good with em and we didn't even put our Hertl out there for it. Lost 3-4. Good game, but darn it all I didn't wanna see em lose tonight.

• Grim Grinning

I think I've found the cure to my not-being-able-to-sleep-at-a-decent-time thing. Two apple martinis seem to have me ready for bed lol. Grey's Anatomy needs to hurry up and be over.

• Selfie Expert

Haha alcohol tends to have that affect on people.