Page 168 of 286 FirstFirst ... 68118143158165166167168169170171178193218268 ... LastLast
Results 2,506 to 2,520 of 4290

• Evil is Sexy

Re: OMG! Let's Talk On Lion!!

Quote Originally Posted by amanda.collishaw View Post

When I was in high school, our choir was invited to sing in Disneyland as part of the Magic Music Days thing. The weekend of our show was my birthday weekend. While we were backstage rehearsing, there were several characters walking around headless. It's kind of strange. What I found more strange were the giant what looked like airplane hangers behind toontown that housed the parade floats and misc. ride vehicles from all over the park. They didn't allow us to take pictures though, so sadly I have no photographic proof.
    You do, however, have someone who shared this similar experience. My school also performed for Magic Music Days. I still have the tee-shirt. We performed at Carnation Plaza Gardens. We also came and went from backstage via the Pooh Corner door, which I still visit when we hit the parks. We were given temporary CM lockers to use to change into our attire for the concerts and store our street clothes in until we were done. Backstage looks a lot like a Hollywood backlot for the most part.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

• mountains beyond mtns.

Thanks Kelly, thanks Susan!

don't have time right now but it hasn't been a good day at all

for future reference, it's much better to schedule a lab appointment on my birthday than be at work. And speaking of nurses and death of common sense, do I ever have a work rant...

• Grim Grinning

Quote Originally Posted by WildeNight View Post
    You do, however, have someone who shared this similar experience. My school also performed for Magic Music Days. I still have the tee-shirt. We performed at Carnation Plaza Gardens. We also came and went from backstage via the Pooh Corner door, which I still visit when we hit the parks. We were given temporary CM lockers to use to change into our attire for the concerts and store our street clothes in until we were done. Backstage looks a lot like a Hollywood backlot for the most part.
    We did it three years in a row, I still have the shirts too! Twice we were at Carnation Plaza, and the last one was over in DCA. And it does look like a Hollywood backlot, I love that. I could walk around back there all day. Probably get horribly lost, but I could do it!

Quote Originally Posted by brand42 View Post
    Thanks Kelly, thanks Susan!

don't have time right now but it hasn't been a good day at all

for future reference, it's much better to schedule a lab appointment on my birthday than be at work. And speaking of nurses and death of common sense, do I ever have a work rant...
    Rant away, my friend, rant away. I'm sorry it's been such a rough day!

• mountains beyond mtns.

My performing groups only went to arts and crafts fairs.

Kelly I don't know how to link it here, especially via phone but when you feel bored, search youtube for this Loki and 5 kids parody of the AT&T commercials.

Amanda, was it you months ago that was talking about managers spewing lots of nonsense like "it's better to do 100 things better by 1 % than 1 thing better by 100%. I don't know what suddenly happened with management here but that's the kind of thinking they're displaying. And they keep badgering the employees that work hard and are self motivated while the slugs they ignore...what's that all about? It just fools themselves into thinking they're accomplishing something when the hard workers would have done it on their own...

gotta go but to be continued on this.

Hope the rest of your birthday was better Brandon! Did you go to DL and get a birthday pin?

• Selfie Expert

I can't find the video you're talking about! Post it on FB!

Rigth before I came to work I opened the mail and had a thing from my insurance saying they weren't covering my breast cancer genetic test and guess what the amount owed is?

$4000.

I don't even... It's not an actual bill, yet, but I'll be making a few phone calls. SO don't need this right now!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Selfie Expert

Ahhh!!! I just found the commercial!! Hahaha

"Who needs a hammer? I pushed you over with my bare hand"

• mountains beyond mtns.

I don't even want to get into health insurance nightmare stories! Kelly I hope that gets resolved in your favor. Or else that's some really expensive blood you have in you

I would pick Loki over Thor if I needed to put together a team of super powered people. If I have Superman, I don't need Thor but I do need someone to psychologically torment my foes so Loki's the choice for that.

Management at work has become beyond ridiculous. They made flu shots "mandatory" and the "penalty" for refusing one is that you must wear a mask all day long. I'm going to have fun with that one on FB - how about a Stormtrooper mask???

Anyhow, even if I wanted one, I would refuse just because they're doing this. There are quite a lot of us wearing the masks today actually. And besides, what if some of us got our shots elsewhere like at a CVS or whatever. Does that count for them???

Rant to be continued yet again.

• Selfie Expert

Oh boy, you're against flu shots? We'll leave that debate at the door! Haha And if you did get them elsewhere, that should totally count.

Of course my blood is precious... if only I could sell it for the amount they're charging...

• Grim Grinning

Amanda, was it you months ago that was talking about managers spewing lots of nonsense like "it's better to do 100 things better by 1 % than 1 thing better by 100%. I don't know what suddenly happened with management here but that's the kind of thinking they're displaying. And they keep badgering the employees that work hard and are self motivated while the slugs they ignore...what's that all about? It just fools themselves into thinking they're accomplishing something when the hard workers would have done it on their own...

gotta go but to be continued on this.
    Yup... that was me. Enjoy that mess, it's pretty miserable. I ended up taking today off, I woke up horrifically sick. Took meds and tried to get better but it just wasn't happening. Thankfully they were cool with it when I told them how useless I'd be if I came in. I'm surprised since calling in sick usually doesn't fly. You pretty much need to be in the hospital to call out and even then, they're all "so.... you're not coming in?"

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    I can't find the video you're talking about! Post it on FB!

Rigth before I came to work I opened the mail and had a thing from my insurance saying they weren't covering my breast cancer genetic test and guess what the amount owed is?

$4000.

I don't even... It's not an actual bill, yet, but I'll be making a few phone calls. SO don't need this right now!
    Yikes!! That's rough! I'd fight em on that one. Sure it's not a necessary test, but it's something people should have done so they should cover it.

Management at work has become beyond ridiculous. They made flu shots "mandatory" and the "penalty" for refusing one is that you must wear a mask all day long. I'm going to have fun with that one on FB - how about a Stormtrooper mask???

Anyhow, even if I wanted one, I would refuse just because they're doing this. There are quite a lot of us wearing the masks today actually. And besides, what if some of us got our shots elsewhere like at a CVS or whatever. Does that count for them???

Rant to be continued yet again.
    I don't know what your Dr. told you, but they told Mel that since she's diabetic, she has to get one every year because if she were to get the flu, it can land her in the hospital and it's worse for her than a person that doesn't have diabetes. And I think most places that require you to get one will let you slide with getting it elsewhere. CVS gives you a form to fill out for insurance, etc I think so you leave with proof that you got one so that should satisfy them.

• mountains beyond mtns.

Kelly, all I know is that the only time in recent years that I've suffered any flu symptoms was after I had the shot last year.

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by amanda.collishaw View Post
    Yikes!! That's rough! I'd fight em on that one. Sure it's not a necessary test, but it's something people should have done so they should cover it.

I don't know what your Dr. told you, but they told Mel that since she's diabetic, she has to get one every year because if she were to get the flu, it can land her in the hospital and it's worse for her than a person that doesn't have diabetes. And I think most places that require you to get one will let you slide with getting it elsewhere. CVS gives you a form to fill out for insurance, etc I think so you leave with proof that you got one so that should satisfy them.
    Well it's not like I had the test done for fun. My mom, her sister (my aunt), and her mother (my grandma) all have or had breast cancer. Seemed like a pretty strong indicator that it was genetic, which qualifies me for the test. Argh!!

And YES! Diabetics should absolutely get the flu shot every year. They are considered immune compromised and are at an increased risk for suffering serious consequences if they get the flu!

Kelly, all I know is that the only time in recent years that I've suffered any flu symptoms was after I had the shot last year.
    That's the number one excuse I hear! So, I'm going to have to address it since you played the card.

The way a vaccine works is it makes your body think it has been exposed to the actual virus. The flu shot has inactivated (in fact, pieces of) the flu (actually three strains of it). So, if the vaccine works correctly, your body should think it has been exposed to the flu and mount an immune response to this. When your body mounts an immune response, the most common signs are: fever, tiredness, aches... all the signs of the flu. This is how it builds antibodies. It is 100% impossible to catch the flu from the shot (the nasal form is a different issue since it's live virus). The flu symptoms you feel are just your body doing what it should to the vaccine.

• mountains beyond mtns.

Well the flu shots don't even begin to scratch the surface of what a monster management has become. You would have thought we completely failed our major inspection last month the way they have been on everyone's tails.

We can't use the computer for anything other than processing orders. We can't be on the phone - sadly I couldn't get that extended to no calls from nurses. It's like we are being babysit the way that they badger us with "have you done this yet? have you done that? Why not?". I actually overheard my boss call someone on his phone during his break to remind him he only had a few minutes of break time left and needed to return promptly.

While there are people that extend their breaks too long, they don't seem to be targeted at all which is frustrating for those who are. Meanwhile there are people that take a smoke break every hour and there's no effort to put clamps on that? I'm sorry but every hour seems excessive and non smokers aren't
    afforded that same hourly break privilege.

My boss also followed me and another girl I work with for an hour to make sure we're "doing everything we're supposed to". Fine, i/we have nothing to hide but does she do this with everyone? No. The ones that are the true problem cases aren't targeted at all.

The dreadfulness of going to work takes on a whole new dimension since they are on our tails like this. What's next? Needing to ask for permission to use the restroom?

• Selfie Expert

Isn't it amazing how the offenders are rarely the one who suffer consequences? They make it miserable for everyone else. Hopefully they'll get their's eventually.

• mountains beyond mtns.

Yeah, offenders never seem to get caught...

So if the boss wants to be the Eye of Sauron and watch over everything, how about high priority situations where someone's well being is at stake? We have someone who is not to receive silverware with their meals (suicide watch. Plastic forks are okay) and for a few days I would have to personally swap out the silverware as well as the plates for foam ones. I finally got so fed up I pointed it out to Eye of Sauron and she said she would address them.

Well that never happened because that clearly is not as important as us taking breaks for too long or being on the phone. Every meal someone has to personally examine that patient's meals and we're trusted to do that without any oversight, without any hovering above us but on much more trivial things, we aren't trusted???