Page 169 of 236 FirstFirst ... 69119159166167168169170171172179219 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,535 of 3536

• mountains beyond mtns.

Re: OMG! Let's Talk On Lion!!

On a lighter note, today's Ript shirt is a really good one - Grimlock from Transformers mashed with Jurassic Park so I better order before leaving for work.

• Grim Grinning

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    Well it's not like I had the test done for fun. My mom, her sister (my aunt), and her mother (my grandma) all have or had breast cancer. Seemed like a pretty strong indicator that it was genetic, which qualifies me for the test. Argh!!

And YES! Diabetics should absolutely get the flu shot every year. They are considered immune compromised and are at an increased risk for suffering serious consequences if they get the flu!

That's the number one excuse I hear! So, I'm going to have to address it since you played the card.

The way a vaccine works is it makes your body think it has been exposed to the actual virus. The flu shot has inactivated (in fact, pieces of) the flu (actually three strains of it). So, if the vaccine works correctly, your body should think it has been exposed to the flu and mount an immune response to this. When your body mounts an immune response, the most common signs are: fever, tiredness, aches... all the signs of the flu. This is how it builds antibodies. It is 100% impossible to catch the flu from the shot (the nasal form is a different issue since it's live virus). The flu symptoms you feel are just your body doing what it should to the vaccine.
    Yeah, it's a test that should be covered regardless, but especially in your case. And thank you for shedding light on the flu shot. We get people at work all the time that play that card and since I'm not pharmacy staff, I'm not really let in the loop on all of that so I usually just let them gripe about it. Now I can tell em what's what.

Quote Originally Posted by brand42 View Post
    Well the flu shots don't even begin to scratch the surface of what a monster management has become. You would have thought we completely failed our major inspection last month the way they have been on everyone's tails.

We can't use the computer for anything other than processing orders. We can't be on the phone - sadly I couldn't get that extended to no calls from nurses. It's like we are being babysit the way that they badger us with "have you done this yet? have you done that? Why not?". I actually overheard my boss call someone on his phone during his break to remind him he only had a few minutes of break time left and needed to return promptly.

While there are people that extend their breaks too long, they don't seem to be targeted at all which is frustrating for those who are. Meanwhile there are people that take a smoke break every hour and there's no effort to put clamps on that? I'm sorry but every hour seems excessive and non smokers aren't
    afforded that same hourly break privilege.

My boss also followed me and another girl I work with for an hour to make sure we're "doing everything we're supposed to". Fine, i/we have nothing to hide but does she do this with everyone? No. The ones that are the true problem cases aren't targeted at all.

The dreadfulness of going to work takes on a whole new dimension since they are on our tails like this. What's next? Needing to ask for permission to use the restroom?
    Yup, that's how it is at my work too. If the pay wasn't so terrible, I'd say you could just switch over and deal with less sick people since it's pretty much 6 of one, half a dozen of the other.

• Lord of the Sky

Blog Entries

HAPY, HAPPPY ,HAPPY BIRTHDAY.......
    BRANDON

I wish many more YEAR's........with my Prayer's .....
    and Hope to be a Very Time for YOU !
    ~.~Jim~.~
    Soaring like an EAGLE !

• Lord of the Sky

Blog Entries

HI HO Everyone
    Jim
    Soaring like an EAGLE !

• mountains beyond mtns.

Thank you Jim!!!

Ducks are leading the Coyotes 3-2 so I hope they can hold on. They still haven't scored a power play goal this season I think...come on, it's SUPPOSED to be an advantage!!!

Amanda, I just got a slight, slight raise. However I had to listen to their lecture of things I need to work on and improve and just like every year, it's often stuff that isn't that important and kind of out of left field. Or else something like, you need to work harder at thinking before you act/speak...blah blah....when you are visibly frustrated, you drag the entire department down with you...blah blah.

Well then they want me to be a robot. Because no one can be that perfect and never get extremely stressed or flustered.

• mountains beyond mtns.

Ducks 5
    Coyotes 2

Sorry Kelly

• Grim Grinning

Sounds like CVS too. I get the same stuff from time to time.

Sharks play at 7:30 tonight. Not sure I even wanna watch the game since we've lost the last 3 and the last game, we had a good goal that would have won us the game, but the ref played the "Intent to blow the whistle" card even though when you watch the tape, he didn't even reach for it til long after the goal was made. Sometimes I swear the refs are paid off.

• mountains beyond mtns.

Something only I would do - fall asleep last night while playing a game. I'm pretty sure I could fall asleep playing Arkham or Call of Duty especially if I had the volume really low.

Ducks actually had 2 power play goals last night, a miracle!!! It was getting to the point where they might as well commit penalties to erase power plays and be even strength.

It looks like we had an altercation with shoving here at work and it's probably the 2nd or 3rd time for these two and they're only getting a warning???

• Grim Grinning

Shoving at work?? What?! If that happened at my work someone would be fired most likely. It certainly wouldn't be merely a warning if it happened more than once.

•   

Geez, where do you work Brandon? One of the things I like about working in a smaller company is that you usually don't have to deal with that bs. That was one of the things I loved about my last job. There were only 4 of us and we all got along really well, the two owners were great and treated the 2 support staff really well. I miss that job. One of my former bosses emailed me yesterday to see how I was doing, which was sweet.

• mountains beyond mtns.

Shoving along with "let's take this outside" threats.

Management completely, completely mishandled this. Both were allowed to return to work. IMO both shouldn't be given more chances - one of them is the very definition of unreliable and the other is a serial bully/instigator. Why keep people like that around especially if they are bound to clash again???

What's more, my boss's office was wide open when they were discussing this and I could hear everything down the hall (that's how I know about this situation).

Kirsten, I guess it's a mental hospital only it's not the patients but management!

• Grim Grinning

Hey, at least they took the disciplining to the office, our manager will bring up issues where ever he happens to be when you pass him.

• mountains beyond mtns.

Wow!!! So even if there are customers around?

• Grim Grinning

Oh yeah. Got a reprimanding myself in front of some customers. They looked concerned but didn't say anything.

• mountains beyond mtns.

I guess not only is common sense dying but respect and decency...

I think I'm going to Imagineer headquarters on Saturday. Sadly they don't allow photos there but they have this nice grassy area with a stream and it's one of the most relaxing places I can think of. If only I could go anytime I wanted to! Plus it's exciting to know that's where all the Disney Park magic is created.