Page 170 of 289 FirstFirst ... 70120145160167168169170171172173180195220270 ... LastLast
Results 2,536 to 2,550 of 4333

• Selfie Expert

Re: OMG! Let's Talk On Lion!!

Sorry I missed you, Jim!!

Sad the Coyotes' winning streak came to an end, but if it was to anyone I'm glad it was the Ducks. We play the Blackhawks at home soon, I will be avoiding going to or watching that game.

I can't believe that a physical altercation at work didn't result in more serious consequences! Especially with repeat offenders. That's insane! I've sent a tech home for inappropriate behavior (walking out of the pharmacy and getting in an argument over something stupid) before, I wouldn't hesitate to send them home after getting physical. I don't tolerate that behavior, I can't imagine HR would be too thrilled about it, either.

I was so close to flipping my sleep schedule in just two nights, but I ruined it by falling asleep at 7pm last night and here I am, awake at 1am (it's almost 3am now, I guess). We're going to some friends who live on the other side of town for dinner tonight. I hope I can stay awake!

Hope everyone has a fun weekend!!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Grim Grinning

Well, since my lovely dreams decided to turn into nightmares that had Chuck sitting staring at me when I finally woke up, my sleep got cut short too. I need to finish the cake today, it shouldn't take me too long, but it's the tricky part of stacking the cakes and doing fondant stuff and I'm not looking forward to it. I also have to get rice crispy treats made too so I can make the cage for the helmet.

• Evil is Sexy

We're seeing Ender's Game tonight. Tomorrow we're hitting up my workplace for some Christmas shopping (there's some kind of bonus discount this weekend for employee's) and then Chili's and Thor: The Dark World. Sunday is probably bumming around at home, catching up on OUAT and OUAT:W and our netflix disk that arrived. Hubby has off Monday, but I'm not sure if we're doing anything really special for Veteren's Day.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

• mountains beyond mtns.

^Hopefully you'll like how they used all the familiar elements from Ariel's story in slightly different ways. Poor Ariel has had some really tough luck in life.

And there's some things about OUAT:W I like better than OUAT...no two people on OUAT have the cameraderie that Alice and Knave have - friends but also want to strangle each other at times. Oh yeah and Red Queen is the fairest of them all.

Oops! Maybe I should have blocked out that new OUAT character's name? Sorry Susan!
    Last edited by brand42; 11-08-2013 at 06:23 PM.

• Grim Grinning

Alrighty, after 3 days and 12 hours & 45 minutes worth of work... it's done. Had a small snafoo with the face cage thing and between that & getting the right helmet color, I went over my 10 hour quote. Oh well, not gonna ask for more money since it was my fault I went over on time.

Name:  downsized_1108131853.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  23.1 KB

• Selfie Expert

Looks awesome as always, Amanda!!

I agree the Red Queen is beautiful, but her lip injections bother me lol

We had a fun time at dinner with friends, followed by playing Cards Against Humanity for a few hours. Always good for laughs!

Tomorrow we both have eye appointments at target, then we are getting into our dapper day clothes and going to the horse track just because we can. It'll be a fun date! I true to get se friends to join us but they're flakes, so it'll be just the two of us. After that I think we will go out to dinner then hang out with other friends at their place, hopefully with our fire pit an marshmallows!

Sunday I picked up the overnight shift since it's overtime. I think during the day I'll pack my hospital bag, get a few baby things done, and sleep before work. It's been a fun week off so far!

• Grim Grinning

Glad you're enjoying your week off, Kelly! Sophia's getting close huh?

I'm gonna miss my time off. I've been off for two weeks between my vacation and that cake. I go back Sunday. Not looking forward to it since apparently now they want all the deposit money counted at night so the morning manager doesn't have to do it. That means instead of staying til 10:30 to count the registers and straighten the store, we have to stay til 11 to do that and count the deposit. Delightful. I didn't sign up for that nonsense. When I started, the schedule would say we'd be off at 10:15 which really meant that whenever you were done counting registers, go home. So that was usually 10:05, we were walking out the door. Now I think it's time for bed, gotta deliver the cake in the morning.

• mountains beyond mtns.

I really could use a weekend just to sleep but unfortunately that won't be this one as I'm completely booked up , with two family functions no less. One is a cousin's daughter's birthday party and there will be zero potential for drama but the other one...

• Grim Grinning

Ugh, I'm dying!!! Slowly and painfully I am dying. I need to get it together before tomorrow though because I don't think work will let me call out again.

• Grim Grinning

But on a good note, the cake was delivered safely and all I can say is thank goodness for the non skid rubber pads. Makes driving cake around much less nerve racking.

• mountains beyond mtns.

Quote Originally Posted by amanda.collishaw View Post
    Ugh, I'm dying!!! Slowly and painfully I am dying. I need to get it together before tomorrow though because I don't think work will let me call out again.
    Flu shots not working?

Get better soon! Working is bad enough but working while sick, ugh...

• Grim Grinning

From what I can tell from my searching, it's probably the stomach flu. So I just get to wait it out. I'm going to at least try to go to work. They're more forgiving if you at least try to make it through your shift as opposed to flat out not trying. Not sure where that logic works, but whatever.

• Evil is Sexy

Gorgeous cake, Amanda. If I lived closer you, I'd be begging for lessons in the fine art of cake.

OUAT:W - Yes, I've seen the first episode at least. She is indeed quite fair, but not of heart - which is why Snow had always beaten Regina. However.. *not giving spoilers to Kelly*

Ender's Game was magnificent. If you've read the book (if not, DO IT) you will not be disappointed in the big screen adaption at all. I was very impressed for the most part and forgiving on a few minor things they had to move around or omit. Looking forward to seeing if they'll do Speaker For The Dead next.

Thor: The Dark World was also AWESOME! And.. as with all Marvel movies, you must sit your bum down until all the credits are done. I don't know how people still don't realize this. 1/2 the theatre left before the credits even blipped, missing scene #1. The other 40% left after that one and left us and maybe 5 others to sit all the way to the end and catch the last little segment. BTW - Loki had me laughing and crying in this one. It's goooooood.

PS - Orson Scott Card's book Ender's Game is on the professional reading list for the US Marine Corps several times for various career levels.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

• Grim Grinning

I'd happily teach ya! I got an email from Le Cordon Bleu the other day asking if I'd like to go back to school and go for an associate's degree in baking and pastry to go one step up from the certificate I have from them. Part of me would love to, but the other part of me really doesn't wanna deal with school again.

• Selfie Expert

Sophia is due next month... so freaky!!

We were going to see Thor this morning, but we have a cable tech out to fix our TV right now and I have to work tonight so I'm thinking we're going to hold off a bit longer. We're never up to date on current movies, anyway lol

Did you get lots of good stuff with your discount, Susan? I saw they're doing the 25% friends and family discount at Disney, so I imagine the cast member discount must be even better!!