Page 179 of 301 FirstFirst ... 79129154169176177178179180181182189204229279 ... LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,685 of 4502

• Selfie Expert

Re: OMG! Let's Talk On Lion!!

Hahaha such a cat thing to do! Korin loves clearing the counters of any "clutter" - papers, glasses, whatever.

I just saw something from someone who constantly boasts about never having to have worked a day in their life, that they get a social security check. Not trying to start a political discussion... but really? Ugh.

Work is a mess, as per the usual this week, but it's my last overnight shift until I return from maternity leave so I'm trying to just get through it.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Selfie Expert

We have rain in our forecast for Friday, Saturday, Sunday. I'm SOOOO hoping it's accurate!!!

• Grim Grinning

Gotta love people like that! Ugh... it's right up there with that mother and father that just went to jail for killing their kid using discipline tactics from a book called "To Train Up A Child." That was a tough article to stomach.

It's pouring here now, I'm sure Lake Collishaw is in full swing. I really need to buy rain boots. And a raincoat for Chuck lol. Glad it's your last night of overnights for a while with the way things have been! Hopefully things go smoothly tonight!

• Selfie Expert

Woah I didn't hear about that! Lots of sick people in this world.

We had an Amber Alert a couple nights ago and we looked up the details - the parents left a 16 year old to babysit their 4 and 1 year olds. The 16 year old is suicidal, they knew she was off her meds, and they mentioned that she "couldn't handle the 1 year old crying". Well, she drove off with her younger siblings - creating an Amber Alert. Those parents should be held responsible! So stupid!

Awww kitty in a rain coat!

• Grim Grinning

Yeah, it was pretty upsetting to read. What's worse is it was their adopted daughter.

But yes, after we get mom a new laptop, I'm getting Chuck a raincoat. Then I'm shopping for the turkey and such. I really feel like digging out the good china, serving dishes, etc. Every year I get a little better at making Thanksgiving dinner, so maybe this year will be the one that goes exactly according to plan.

• Evil is Sexy

It never goes exactly as you plan. So plan on that and you'll be happy.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

• Grim Grinning

I'll be happy either way really because when I start to get overwhelmed, I have my mom and Grandma there to step in. And nobody makes Thanksgiving dinner like Grandma does lol. She makes this baked corn dish that I insist she make every year. She doesn't have a recipe for it because she doesn't measure anything past two cans of corn and a sleeve of crushed Ritz crackers and there's like 6 other things that go in it lol. I tried making it, it didn't come close.

• Selfie Expert

Sean is going to try and smoke a turkey. I'm going to try a recipe for pistachio cake. We're going to my parents for dinner, my mom will have the whole spread, and I'm sure she'll make her own turkey... which is good since we're "experimenting" with the whole smoking thing. I've never attempted any part of Thanksgiving dinner before lol

• Grim Grinning

I decided to just take it over a few years ago when mom started to lament about how much of a hassle cooking everything is. Of course I'm sure I drive her more nuts when I break out the cooler to brine the turkey and we go through ice like crazy to keep it good and cold. Got lazy one year and made cornish game hens instead. Those were yummy too, and since they're tiny, very easy to cook.

• mountains beyond mtns.

Quote Originally Posted by WildeNight View Post
    It never goes exactly as you plan. So plan on that and you'll be happy.
    That just about sums up everything to happens to me

work is still sucking the life out of me...and I'm about to fall asleep really soon so I'll talk to you all soon.

• Selfie Expert

I think our smoking recipe calls for brining. We're going to have to come up with a schedule.

• Evil is Sexy

My husband has brined and smoked our last 4 turkeys. You need to know the following:

~Get a turkey without sodium on the ingredient list. If it lists sodium, it has already been brined before frozen. May want to go fresh.
    ~Thaw a frozen turkey in the fridge. 1 day for every 4 lbs. (You can thaw it while brining it too)
    ~Brine the turkey for 24-48 hours. If you add ice to the brine and wrap the bucket in a few layers of towels, the turkey should stay in the "Safety Zone" temp-wise for the time it cures. Or use a cooler!!
    ~Use a clean brick, wrapped in foil, to hold the turkey under the water.
    ~Make sure you dry that baby really well when you take it from the brine. Even inside the cavity, darn it!!
    ~Season the inside of the cavity if you want, at least rub a little salt.
    ~Smoke it using a roasting rack so the bottom of the turkey doesn't get all gross and slimy from sitting in the fat. (Applewood is really good with turkey)
    ~If the turkey skin is getting too dark, never feel bad for finishing it in the oven.
    ~It's done when it's around 170-175 degrees. The turkey is still cooking when you take it out.
    ~Don't use the little stupid plastic pop-up thingy they come with. Use a real meat thermometer. The plastic things are very faulty and are set at exactly 180.. which is too late to take the bird out and not have it overcooked.
    ~Let the bird rest, covered loosely in tinfoil, for at least 5 minutes before carving.

And Alton Brown tips (love that man):
    NPR.org » Turkey Tips From Alton Brown: Don't Baste Or Stuff

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

• Selfie Expert

We're trying a recipe from Bobby Flay, he used Cajun seasonings.

It's funny, though, because Sean HATES Bobby Flay.

• Grim Grinning

I love Alton and Bobby lol. One of the local radio personalities up here does Thanksgiving at his house for his family and the two other people he does the show with. He brines his and finally a couple years ago put his recipe on their website and everyone says it's the greatest thing ever. Maybe I'll try it next year lol.

• Evil is Sexy

Let me know how his cajun version comes out!

Alton is one of my "geek" crushes. He's just so enthusiastic and cute and authoritative at the same time.

We ate at La Mesa in Las Vegas last year, one of Bobby's restaurants. It was really good.. and really pricey. I'd love to hit up one of his burger joints.

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.