Page 180 of 238 FirstFirst ... 80130170177178179180181182183190230 ... LastLast
Results 2,686 to 2,700 of 3569

•   

Re: OMG! Let's Talk On Lion!!

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    I just saw something from someone who constantly boasts about never having to have worked a day in their life, that they get a social security check. Not trying to start a political discussion... but really? Ugh.
    That's funny that you posted that - I just read that too and had a 5 min. rant going inside my head about it. Ticks me off that someone who never worked and never contributed a dime gets to collect a check while I have worked and contributed since I was 16 and likely will never get a SS check. It just...arrgh!

Rant over.

I'm hosting Thanksgiving this year. Again. I did both Thanksgiving and Christmas last year. Apparently since I have a long folding table and some folding chairs and therefore room for everyone I am the designated hoster. Yay me. I did delegate apps and side dishes to people though. Going shopping later for the stuff I need. One side benefit to being laid off is that I now have the time to clean and prep some stuff ahead of time. We're frying our turkey again which I really like. Not only is it extra yummy that way but it leaves the oven free.

• Grim Grinning

I've always wanted to try frying a turkey, but I'm pretty sure some of my relatives would be peeved.

•   

Fortunately as long as they get fed my relatives are happy campers.

• mountains beyond mtns.

Is it better to have Christmas or New Year's off?

I am definitely not going to work through every holiday this year like I have in the past.

Leaning towards Jan. 1 since I'll have less obligations that day BUT I still won't be able to spend it at the place I'd like to spend it. Plus with the Rose Bowl and the Championship game a few days later, everywhere I go in Los Angeles will be too crowded. The entire state of Alabama is probably going to descend upon here.

I really need the break though, it didn't even occur to me that Thanksgiving is tomorrow.

• Grim Grinning

Thanksgiving is next Thursday, Brandon lol. It's ok though, we still love you! If it were tomorrow, I have some apologizing to do because I have tickets to see Catching Fire at 8pm.

• mountains beyond mtns.

Lol!!! I REALLY am out of it!

Nightly I've been having dreams that make absolutely no sense at all so I really, really need that break after all.

My folks are visiting Sacramento Thanksgiving weekend btw. I didn't realize we had so much family there.

Wait- is it this weekend or next? They're probably asleep so I'll have to ask tomorrow. Yeah I'm really confused!
    Last edited by brand42; 11-20-2013 at 09:35 PM.

• Grim Grinning

I'd much rather people come here than me having to drive somewhere. Getting everyone in one car to drive 3 hours away can be trying on the nerves.

• New Mommy

I would rather have Christmas off than New Year's Eve or day, but I absolutely LOVE Christmas. Just make sure you at least get one holiday off, it's only fair especially if you cover for others!

Had an OB appt yesterday. I'm already progressing which is awesome, but my blood pressure was high and I'm super swollen (I've never had cankles before!) which is not awesome. I get to collect all my urine for the next 24 hours to make sure I'm not eclamptic, and I have to go to the hospital next Wednesday to determine if I have to schedule a c section. My doc wants me to stop working... I don't want to lose my pay checks yet, though! So I'm going to finish to week at work, I only work Friday and I can make it a short shift, and might have to stop after that. I feel bad and stressed about it, but I have to do what's best for Sophia.

Sorry if that was TMI lol
    Last edited by KellyMcG86; 11-21-2013 at 01:42 AM.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!

KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Grim Grinning

Not TMI at all! It's all good. I'm assuming since I have Thanksgiving off I'll be working Christmas.

• New Mommy

I'm supposed to work thanksgiving... Which is part of why I'm hesitant to stop work.

• New Mommy

I just realized "cankles" corrected to "candles" lol

• Grim Grinning

I saw that lol. I figured autocorrect was to blame for that one. I'm so excited for Catching Fire today, I can't stand it. We bought all our junk snack food last night, so all I have to do is find a backpack to stuff it all in.

• mountains beyond mtns.

Just read the DL scammers thread and having years of exp. in food service and seeing every scam tactic possible, it's sad that it occurs in Disney Parks as well. Also sad is how management does not back up their employees - I know all too well how that goes.

• Grim Grinning

Yeah, that thread's irritating. Reminds me of a customer we have that always comes in with stolen stuff and receipts he has dug out of the trash. One of these days I'm going to tell him that larceny can be a felony just as a hint. We can't do anything about it since he has receipts even though we know he stole it.

•   

I would rather go somewhere once in a while, but that's probably because my family is all local so it's just the two of us and a short drive. It would just be nice to not have to do so much cooking and cleaning and do all the clean-up.

Hopefully you're not eclamptic. I have had friends who had some pretty scary experiences. Hopefully you will be fine. I understand not wanting to stop just yet, since the extra money helps to cover when you're on leave but the important thing is you and Sophia. Is there a way you could reduce your shifts to 1-2 days per week until your leave starts? That way you will be available to cover the holiday still.
    Last edited by kirstenh; 11-21-2013 at 03:34 PM.