Page 186 of 340 FirstFirst ... 86136161176183184185186187188189196211236286 ... LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,790 of 5090

• Selfie Expert

Re: OMG! Let's Talk On Lion!!

Lol Sandra Lee is the definition of fake, but I do like a lot of her recipes because they're totally for lazy people.

Ina Garten annoys me. She always says to make sure you use good whatever ingredient. She's so snobby. I loved the fact that Alton Brown totally called her out on that during the live thanksgiving special. She was making something and he's all "are you using good potatoes?" Haha Plus I'm just not a fan of her style of food. Too fancy for me

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Grim Grinning

She doesn't bother me too much, but yeah, the "good" ingredient references are irksome. I've used some of her recipes and almost made a point of using the cheapest of everything haha. Pioneer Woman I'm on the fence with. I've used her vanilla bean scone recipe and cinnamon ice cream recipe and both are wonderful. I can't listen to her for too long though. I think she came on just before they pulled Paula.

I might be the only one, but Giada annoys me. She just has this fakey looking smile on her face all the time.

• we jumped out a window

Kelly, are you interested in this month's Piece of Disney History Pinocchio pin? *might* be able to get it.

Kirsten, go Saints!!! I desperately need the fantasy points from Brees! Wait, I have Lynch too so please be a shoot out!

• Selfie Expert

Sure!! I don't think I've looked at upcoming pins in a while, it was something I only did at work lol

I love Pioneer Woman! Her blog is hilarious, much less awkward than her show. Her recipes all seem doable, too.

I used to greatly dislike Giada. I feel like she's gotten a little more down to earth since she had a kid, though she was really annoyingly immature on the Thanksgiving special. My husband calls her "bubblehead" because he thinks her head is huge lol

You know what new show I really like? guy's Grocery Games. I'm not a huge Guy fan, but that show combines Chopped and Supermarket Sweep. So fun!

• Grim Grinning

I haven't watched that yet for the sheer fact that I can't take Guy in large amounts. I miss Supermarket Sweep so much lol, I'm an old lady inside. I need to go hit Starbucks soon and get something very big before work. I need to figure out how to get out of working overnights. One night a week is hard to adjust to and I couldn't fit a nap in today.

• Selfie Expert

I think that's why I like Grocery Games - it doesn't have too much Guy. I used to watch Supermarket Sweep after school almost every day lol

Then again, I grew up watching Nick at Night/TV Land... my idol was Lucille Ball... so I totally understand the whole being an old lady thing lol

I finally have a laptop again! I'm using my husband's, which I'm not as used to, but it beats the iPad. I miss my Mac. And this one is temporary because we need a new charger for it (ordered! Waiting for it to arrive!). He "borrowed" his boss's charger so I could upload photos tonight.

• Grim Grinning

So, in my request for a 24 hour Starbucks, I guess I needed to be more specific in my asking for one. There are 2, neither close to me. Got the biggest peppermint mocha they sell. Here's hoping I don't fall asleep slumped over a stack of totes again.

• we jumped out a window

Kelly you sure know some interesting people, wow. And by "wow" I really mean "ugh"

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by amanda.collishaw View Post
    So, in my request for a 24 hour Starbucks, I guess I needed to be more specific in my asking for one. There are 2, neither close to me. Got the biggest peppermint mocha they sell. Here's hoping I don't fall asleep slumped over a stack of totes again.
    hope you survived the night!

Quote Originally Posted by brand42 View Post
    Kelly you sure know some interesting people, wow. And by "wow" I really mean "ugh"
    Haha yeah I know. There's a lot of history to that one.

• Grim Grinning

I made it lol. Most likely going to put a call in to the district manager though. My store manager is up to something and I have a gut feeling it's only going to get worse.

• Selfie Expert

Uh oh. That doesn't sound good.

but it sounds interesting - tell me more!

• Grim Grinning

Well, we have a "My Customer" binder. The most pointless binder in the history of pointless binders. We have to fill out forms and write things like "I will greet every customer. I will help customers find things by walking them to the item. I will thank them for their purchase." Etc, etc. Well, I guess some people didn't fill one out somewhere or something because the DM came in for a surprise visit and the store manager hid the binder. Told one of my co-workers to tell him she didn't know where it was. She told me about it when I got there and she was on the verge of tears because it wasn't a position she wanted to be put in. At the end of my shift, the store manager came in and carried the story on of "the binder's missing guys, does anyone know where it is?" I made a point of saying I'd seen it in its normal spot on my shift the day before. I wanted to call him out on it but didn't think it was a smart idea. There have been other things going on too but those are too juicy for public postings lol.

• we jumped out a window

I made it lol. Most likely going to put a call in to the district manager though. My store manager is up to something and I have a gut feeling it's only going to get worse.

Something is wrong with my manager and it's getting worse too.

They told me I only did 32% of something. I was stunned by this and she elaborated, yeah 22 out of 28. This with a straight face too so I show her that it's really 78.5%. She just brushes it off like no big deal.

It IS a big deal when there are constant attempts to distort things about us. Other times I've gotten 80 or 90% so for there to suddenly be a 32, well I just don't know that such incompetence should be trusted. There are some people's breaks that she really polices and yet the worst offenders aren't any of them.

Gah! I wish I could just wake up and realize it was just a nightmare.

• we jumped out a window

Well, we have a "My Customer" binder. The most pointless binder in the history of pointless binders. We have to fill out forms and write things like "I will greet every customer. I will help customers find things by walking them to the item. I will thank them for their purchase." Etc, etc. Well, I guess some people didn't fill one out somewhere or something because the DM came in for a surprise visit and the store manager hid the binder. Told one of my co-workers to tell him she didn't know where it was. She told me about it when I got there and she was on the verge of tears because it wasn't a position she wanted to be put in. At the end of my shift, the store manager came in and carried the story on of "the binder's missing guys, does anyone know where it is?" I made a point of saying I'd seen it in its normal spot on my shift the day before. I wanted to call him out on it but didn't think it was a smart idea. There have been other things going on too but those are too juicy for public postings lol.

No one should be put in that position. That gets me upset just reading about it. I get the feeling there's lots more your manager hasn't been doing.

with ours, our theory is that she's in very serious trouble and is so desperate she has to manufacture troubles that only she can solve. "Brandon was not meeting goals and performing below average but with my guidance was able to make improvements" and so forth.

And your binder sounds like the script that HR made for us to greet everyone that comes to the hospital.

Management. Ugh.