Page 187 of 334 FirstFirst ... 87137162177184185186187188189190197212237287 ... LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,805 of 5009

• we jumped out a window

Re: OMG! Let's Talk On Lion!!

Kings 3
    Ducks 2

Sure, why not, it's been that kind of day.

• Selfie Expert

Wow nice that your manager wants you to lie for them, Amanda!

Brandon it sounds like your manager reversed the percentage - you missed 32%. That's ridiculous.

im so happy to have time off work, but I'm dreading going back. There are so many changes happening during my absence, and with my shift I'm totally on my own. I know they will leave me high and dry.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Grim Grinning

Quote Originally Posted by brand42 View Post
    Something is wrong with my manager and it's getting worse too.

They told me I only did 32% of something. I was stunned by this and she elaborated, yeah 22 out of 28. This with a straight face too so I show her that it's really 78.5%. She just brushes it off like no big deal.

It IS a big deal when there are constant attempts to distort things about us. Other times I've gotten 80 or 90% so for there to suddenly be a 32, well I just don't know that such incompetence should be trusted. There are some people's breaks that she really polices and yet the worst offenders aren't any of them.

Gah! I wish I could just wake up and realize it was just a nightmare.
    Sounds like mine too! We have to collect emails from customers. If we don't get enough, we get in trouble. Well, some people don't want to give them out and others flat out don't have a computer (yay, older people!) but we still get yelled at because we aren't "trying hard enough." Then we get in trouble if we're not scanning the ExtraCare cards. If someone doesn't want it, there's not a heck of a lot I can do about it. They just put you in a position to not win no matter what you do. I haven't seen a raise in close to 3 years and make a measly .63 cents over minimum wage. Been there 9 years. It's total bs.

Quote Originally Posted by brand42 View Post
    No one should be put in that position. That gets me upset just reading about it. I get the feeling there's lots more your manager hasn't been doing.

with ours, our theory is that she's in very serious trouble and is so desperate she has to manufacture troubles that only she can solve. "Brandon was not meeting goals and performing below average but with my guidance was able to make improvements" and so forth.

And your binder sounds like the script that HR made for us to greet everyone that comes to the hospital.

Management. Ugh.
    I'm sure there will be a few of us pointing this sort of stuff out to the DM since he's never happy with us. If we can make it clear that it's not in any way our fault, maybe something will get done.

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    Wow nice that your manager wants you to lie for them, Amanda!
    Yup, that's what we do apparently. We're human flack jackets sometimes. Luckily the co-worker in question and I don't put up with that nonsense. Something's gonna get said. I've already got a notebook going of all the stuff he does that he shouldn't be.

• Selfie Expert

I have a note on my phone that I've been recording those sorts of things on. Sad how bad management seems to happen just about everywhere!

• Selfie Expert

I really want to make a growth chart with the Disneyland height requirements on it.

Random thought of the day.

• Grim Grinning

That's a nifty idea!! I did that with my cousin before her first trip because she wanted to know what all she could do before we got there. I think she had me re-measure before we went out the door lol.

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    I really want to make a growth chart with the Disneyland height requirements on it.

Random thought of the day.
    That would be an awesome growth chart. If I had kids I would totally steal that idea.

• Grim Grinning

I'm getting the urge to go spend money again tomorrow. I never go shopping, so this urge is a little frightening lol.

• Selfie Expert

I'll have to make that growth chart for her first birthday I think.

im trying to find things I want for Christmas for Sean to buy me. For some reason I always have a hard time with Christmas lists for myself!

That's because you can never make up your mind.
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

• Selfie Expert

You know me so well!

and where the heck have you been?!

Busy working. And congrats on the mini clone, the soon to be baby girl, that is.
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

• Selfie Expert

How is work? I'm sure the paycheck is appreciated especially this time of year.

And thank you! The little terror, I mean blessing, will be here in just a few more days. It honestly hasn't sunk in... I can't begin to imagine how it will all feel!

I love not being at work, but am so anxious about everything working out how it's supposed to with my leave. We can't go without my paycheck!

• Grim Grinning

I miss being paid every week, I spent entirely too much money today. Went to Target to get 4 things that I didn't think were that expensive. $71 later, I learned I was wrong haha.

Coming already, huh? Well we're all expecting pictures as soon as you can post them. Make a thread about it, and you're guaranteed to make the Round Up.

As far as work is concerned, that ended on Tuesday. I had to resign from there. My hand was forced, and there was too much BS, politics, and drama building up there. So before they could cut me loose, I went out on my own terms. It will make things very tight around here, but hopefully I can find something else very soon.