Page 190 of 322 FirstFirst ... 90140165180187188189190191192193200215240290 ... LastLast
Results 2,836 to 2,850 of 4826

Re: OMG! Let's Talk On Lion!!

That is an absolutely adorable little girl! I love the one of her with Duffy. congratulations to you both!

• A Pirate's Life For Me...

Way too far from the magic..Glendale, Arizona

Aww Kelly she is adorable!!! I'm so happy for you and your hubby!

Thank you Poisonedapples for my my my signature!!!

• we jumped out a window

Kelly is home already and I forgot what else I was going to write.

• Chief Troublemaker

Welcome Sophia!

Congratulations and welcome to the club, Kelly. The Mom Club, that is. May you always be as happy as you are now!

Admit it, even Disneyland can't compare to Motherhood, right?

Best wishes to you all and looking forward to seeing many pictures in the future.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

When I had my children, they kept mom and baby in the hospital about 5 days. Now, it's a matter of hours 24, maybe 48 at the most. It's a different world we live in.

There's no greater joy in the world than becoming a mom, and looking into the face of God's greatest miracle.

• Evil is Sexy

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    When I had my children, they kept mom and baby in the hospital about 5 days. Now, it's a matter of hours 24, maybe 48 at the most. It's a different world we live in.

There's no greater joy in the world than becoming a mom, and looking into the face of God's greatest miracle.
    Heh, and the medical bills cost just as much or more for the shorter stay.

She is adorable, Kelly! And we all know she's going to be doted and spoiled like the Disney Princess she is.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

• Grim Grinning

Thought about Kelly and Sophia when I was doing go backs last night; someone abandoned a cart full of Disney ornaments and one was Sophia the First.

• Selfie Expert

Thank you all for the comments!! And thanks, Brandon, for keeping everyone updated! I appreciate it.

Stormy, you are so right that being a mom makes me even happier than Disneyland! We were just talking about today how I don't even miss Disneyland because I'm so absolutely happy and satisfied (and exhausted) right now!

Everything is going great. I'm recovering well, Sophia is healthy and happy as could be, and we're figuring out this whole parenting thing as we go.

The hospital stay was VERY short! If I had done C section, I think I would've had to stay 72 hours. Since I was able to avoid that, I only had to stay 24 hours. It was a rough 24 hours, and I'm so happy to be home with my little family.

The cats have met her and everything has gone well. My parents have taken the dogs until the weekend just so we have one less thing to worry about. I'm sure they'll be fine with her, too, and I'm looking forward to seeing their reactions.

Thanks again for the kind words, everyone! I'll try and check in when I can!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Lord of the Sky

Blog Entries

Soaring like an EAGLE !

• Chief Troublemaker

Since you're a mom now, you know that 'us moms' just HAVE to give advice. So mine is;

Sleep when she sleeps
    Let your friends & family pitch in
    Don't try to do it all yourself (see #2)
    Don't worry about the house.

Someone gave me this when I had my first & they are words to live by. Unfortunately I'm still living by them & my 'babies' are 30 & 24!:

Cooking and cleaning can wait 'til tomorrow,
    For babies grow up, we have learned to our sorrow.

So quiet down cobwebs, dust go to sleep.
    I'm rocking my baby, and babies don't keep!

Enjoy every second of this blessed time!
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

• Selfie Expert

Those are beautiful words to live by! We've been following that so far. Who needs showers? We have a baby to cuddle with!

• Grim Grinning

Yup, baby won't care if you haven't showered yet lol.

Trying to decide on something semi festive to bake and take to work in the next few days. Kinda thinking mint chocolate cupcakes, but I'm not sure.

• we jumped out a window

Kelly, I'm absolutely certain that you don't miss drama like this - we had a dialysis patient expire. They had been totally non compliant and refusing treatments. Their physician wrote an order for them to get double the amount of food despite them being a renal dialysis pt. Nursing went on a witch hunt and decided to hold our RD's responsible. In the pt notes, there's little mention of the non compliance and according to the RD's, there aren't even lab values for each day. Furthermore, my boss is on strike two because of this (ha! I've been on strike two for years now )

You know how I said a good doctor is like 1 in 10,000? Well you'll find 1000 good drs. at those odds before you find a good nursing director. All the ones we've had have been horrible horrible people.

• Selfie Expert

Brandon - So RDs are responsible for an MDs orders? Wow. Talk about passing the buck! I totally thought of you, by the way, when someone from dietary came by my room to give me a menu. I made sure to cover up! Luckily he announced himself before he came in, unlike pretty much every other employee who would just barge in. At that point, I didn't care what anyone saw if they weren't going to bother to knock!

Amanda - Exactly! Sophia isn't judgmental... yet... And I think chocolate or cupcakes are always winners, so a combination is a sure thing. ESPECIALLY in miniature form!!

• we jumped out a window

Getting micromanaged to death at work has been causing me to have really stressful nightmares nightly. Maybe it's better not to fall asleep

Kelly, that was completely unfair the RD's got hammered for the drs. order. He actually lifted all restrictions so that patient could get even larger meals than a normal person and considering he's on dialysis, that makes little sense to me. The drama all started when that dialysis patient would call me every 3 minutes (thanks a lot for giving him the number, admitting dept!). The RD's determined that it would be okay to give him 2 more oz. of protein for lunch and dinner and recommended that to the doctor. However he went far beyond that!

Oh and thank you for covering up

With our new moms, even if you knock on the door, greet them and sing zip a dee doo dah (I may or may not do all 3 of these, lol) they don't bother.

The other day one of them had my carry their newborn so that they could take a photo on their phone. I didn't ask but FB posting maybe??? And management doesn't think I do enough for our patients???