Page 191 of 237 FirstFirst ... 91141181188189190191192193194201 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,865 of 3546

• mountains beyond mtns.

Re: OMG! Let's Talk On Lion!!

It's not even like the work situations stress me out when I'm there so it's like a stealth slow release stress that occurs when I fall asleep.

The dreams/nightmares will be scenarios like this - I find myself at DL in the morning when I get a call from work and apparently I lost track of days and am supposed to be there. And then I either wake up or the dream fast forwards to other similar scenarios.

• Grim Grinning

Yup, me too. I keep dreaming about doing go backs, or almost being late for work. It's always something work related and I don't appreciate it.

• mountains beyond mtns.

Gah! There must be a cure for this, Amanda.

Or at least overtime pay, lol!!

• New Mommy

I have dreams all the time that I'm in the middle of doing something fun like DL and get the call that I was supposed to be there, etc. Stupid work!

I've been so tired this past week I can't remember a single dream I've even had lol I sleep like a freaking rock when I get the chance to!

Brandon - I can't believe someone asked you to hold their newborn! I would've been like... no... ask your nurse. That's too much liability for me!

As for covering up... I got to a point where if someone walked in unannounced I didn't bother. I had so many people see and touch so many areas on me during those 1.5 days that I gave up on trying to hide things. If someone came in and announced their presence before barging in, I assumed they were not someone who needed to see something and I covered. That was only the case for housekeeping and one dietary worker - the one who delivered the menu. Other members of dietary who delivered food didn't say anything, so they likely got an eye full. I don't know what they'd expect, though, if they just walk into a post-partum room!

Oh man I'm glad all of that is done, at least until the next one.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!

KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Grim Grinning

Quote Originally Posted by brand42 View Post
    Gah! There must be a cure for this, Amanda.

Or at least overtime pay, lol!!
    Hahaha right!?? I'm doing go backs in my dreams, I demand overtime pay.

• Evil is Sexy

Okay. I'm late posting this, but here's my unofficial official photo of me at work.

Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

• Grim Grinning

I love it!! I really wanna work there now! Get to wear the ears and such, that's awesome!

• New Mommy

Quote Originally Posted by amanda.collishaw View Post
    I love it!! I really wanna work there now! Get to wear the ears and such, that's awesome!
    Seconded!!

• New Mommy

Didn't want to post this on Facebook since I'm using it for our Christmas card, and I just had to show it off somewhere!

• Grim Grinning

That's adorable!!

Ok, I have to rant about work, so feel free to bypass this; I just have to get it out. I'm working all day on Christmas day. Haven't worked a Christmas shift in years. We have two new guys. They've been with us since Oct. and maybe Nov. Neither of them are working at all that day. Didn't request it off, but I'm guessing one of them complained and got out of it since their shift was whited out and hours were added to my shift. I'm sorry, that's crap. You're new. You work holidays and smile about it. It used to be that way anyhow; those with seniority usually don't work holidays and if they do, it's a short shift and they're asked what they can work that day. Apparently not anymore. All but 2 managers get the day off, and the new people are free. We get to close a whole hour early, whoopie freaking doo. So now that my holiday has already been planned out around the premise that I never work Christmas, my family will be arriving when I leave for work and will be gone when I get home. I guess that's my fault for not requesting the day off, but still. Ok, rant over. Everyone's asleep, so I couldn't come home and vent to anyone in the house.

• New Mommy

That is insane! We have a guy at work who always books his Christmas travel in advance and cries about how he already has plane tickets so he can't work the holidays. He cries about everything, in fact, and is of course being promoted to manager. Typical, huh?

I would try and get the shift shortened, somehow!

•   

That is BS. I had to work xmas once, but it was slow so I was sent home about 15 minutes later, fortunately.

On a happer note, I am watching Frasier reruns with a kitty on my right and a puppy on my left. Rough life.

• mountains beyond mtns.

It's been years since I have not had to work on Christmas.

oh well, at least administration and management aren't here on that day!

• Grim Grinning

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    That is insane! We have a guy at work who always books his Christmas travel in advance and cries about how he already has plane tickets so he can't work the holidays. He cries about everything, in fact, and is of course being promoted to manager. Typical, huh?

I would try and get the shift shortened, somehow!
    Of course he's getting promoted haha. Maybe I should give it a try! I'd try to shorten the shift but nobody wants to take it. One of my sisters is so upset about it that she's decided she's going to work with me. She's gonna bring everyone coffee and food. She said she's gonna bring my presents too so I can open them with someone.

Quote Originally Posted by kirstenh View Post
    That is BS. I had to work xmas once, but it was slow so I was sent home about 15 minutes later, fortunately.

On a happer note, I am watching Frasier reruns with a kitty on my right and a puppy on my left. Rough life.
    Sadly, no matter how slow it is, we'll still be opened and oddly fully staffed. The schedule has more people on it for that day than a normal day. Not sure what kind of rush we're expecting.

And that's so cute! My kitty was happy to see me when I got home. Then he got mad because I went back out haha.

Quote Originally Posted by brand42 View Post
    It's been years since I have not had to work on Christmas.

oh well, at least administration and management aren't here on that day!
    That's really miserable. Sadly though, people do stupid things on holidays so someone has to be there to put em back together. There's no real reason for CVS to be open haha. The pharmacy doesn't open at all that day, so we're just open for people to buy beer and batteries.

• mountains beyond mtns.

^exactly! Because it's Christmas, people act like there's some magic in the air that will protect them as they're doing unwise things they might not otherwise do...overeating, over drinking...I had 7 drinks but no one's out on the road anyhow, I should be good for driving. Or something like that. Or injuries involving Christmas lights.