Page 194 of 235 FirstFirst ... 94144184191192193194195196197204 ... LastLast
Results 2,896 to 2,910 of 3523

• mountains beyond mtns.

Re: OMG! Let's Talk On Lion!!

Happy December 25th everyone!

You know, I don't know why my family doesn't just come to find me at the hospital on this day. Since all they do is sit around and eat and I'm sure my boss would even let them use our food prep facilities and equipment.

Susan, those are the sort of situations that would get me really lightheaded. For that alone, I avoid last minute shopping at ALL costs. When simply finding parking spaces is an adventure, that's already a situation that can only get worse in my experience.

Kelly, you must be so glad that the BCS Championship bowl isn't in Glendale this year. It's going to be in Pasadena and will make going anywhere here in Los Angeles a lot more difficult with half of Alabama and half of Florida visiting. I have a few days off next week but no real idea what I'm going to do as a result.

• Lord of the Sky

Blog Entries

Merry Christmas
    to ALL !
    ~.~Jim~.~

picture from dateline Disneyland

Soaring like an EAGLE !

•   

Merry Christmas everyone!

• Grim Grinning

Quote Originally Posted by WildeNight View Post
    Getting off work yesterday, I felt bad for my fellow cast members. Our store was pretty bare bones - shipment only offered a few of the items we've desperately needed for weeks. Guests were in their "Me me me" zone and getting ticked off that we didn't have the exact last minute gift they needed. Ticked off that the sale we had for the last 3 weeks was no longer going on this week. Ticked off that that plush was on clearance this this one wasn't. Just Bah Humbug all over the place.
    My last 30 minutes was spent on an 8' ladder and lugging the ladder from place to place, carefully, to put up some new signage. As a backstage CM, I had no nametag, no hat and wear all black - like theatre staff. It was like they didn't even see the fact that I had a heavy ladder in my arms with all the stopping me and questions. I didn't mind answering, but that ladder was getting harder to hang onto. LOL. And then they often didn't like my "No, I'm terribly sorry, we don't have anymore Animator Dolls in the back. What we have left is out. No, they are no longer on sale for $15." Sour faces all over.
    Sometimes I wonder if all they need is a hug.

I did get a few smiles from my ladder use, since I could pop it up and reach a few very high items that guests were looking at. So there was that. I just don't get the whole "last minute shopping" thing. If I have a friend or family member who decides to show up or didn't give me a proper list until late - they're getting gifts AFTER the holiday.. when they're on sale.
    Sounds like my last couple shifts! No, we don't have all the good Christmas gift stuff left, it's December 23rd. No, another store doesn't have it, no it's not in the back and no, I'm not gonna go check again lol. Had a guy let himself into the warehouse today to look for something that wasn't on the shelf anymore. When I asked him if he saw the big sign that said "Employees only! Alarm will sound," he just replied with a yup and a shrug. Had another guy ask if we had tree stands somewhere. Um.... are you putting your tree up today?

Quote Originally Posted by kirstenh View Post
    Merry Christmas everyone!
    Merry Christmas!!

• New Mommy

Merry belated Christmas!!!

I am definitely glad the BCS championship isn't here this year. Last time it was here, it was Auburn, and one of Sean's cousins came to visit (Sean's family is all from Alabama)... it was an "adventure" to say the least.

I did hear that we have the Super Bowl in 2015, and I think the BCS game again in 2016? If not it's some other college football championship game. We'll likely still live here for the Super Bowl, which sucks because we are only like a mile and a half from the stadium, but hopefully we'll have moved before the next college game.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!

KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Grim Grinning

So, now that Christmas is over, Valentine's Day stuff is up. Joy to the world.

• New Mommy

I like Valentine's Day, but it was way more fun as a kid when you made your little mailbox and got those cardboard cards to pass out to your classmates. I can't wait for Sophia to be that age so I can live vicariously and make ridiculous crafts for all these holidays from all the ideas I find on Pinterest! Haha

• New Mommy

Bruce Wayne (our male lab) is at the vet with Sean for an infected ear. His entire ear flap is inflamed and leaking. I'm really hoping they can just aspirate it and don't have to do surgery.

• New Mommy

Well, that was fast. Both ears have an infection and one has an abscess. Antibiotics it is! Easy enough. I am a bit annoyed when they automatically dispense antibiotics from the vet office instead of offering to write a prescription to fill it elsewhere. The vet branded stuff is such a rip off, I could get the human form of the exact same med for 1/3 the price. Argh.

• Grim Grinning

Oh yeah, I remember those good old days! Not it's just a reminder of whether or not you're single.

Sorry about Bruce Wayne, that's rough. Our retriever gets her ears like that a lot too. Not sure what she gets into. And yes, the vet meds are a ripoff. I think the only time we insisted on going through the actual pharmacy is when we had a diabetic cat and they offered to fill his insulin.

We get to take Beauty to the vet today, she apparently has worms. She's an indoor kitty and everyone else is fine, so we're kind of scratching our heads on this one.

• New Mommy

What kind of worms? That's weird to have an indoor kitty get them. Poor thing!

• Grim Grinning

Apparently they're tape worms. They said they come from fleas, but she doesn't have any and neither do the cats. The dogs go in and out though, so maybe one of them has them and shared. I haven't been able to find a single flea on anyone though, so who knows. Just got her home though, so she has all kinds of meds to take later. We're about to head to Buffalo Wild Wings for the hockey game though, so we'll torture her with more pills when we get home.

• Grim Grinning

Only downside of drinking while watching a hockey game is when it's over and you stop drinking, it becomes naptime. It's far too early for that.

•   

Glad Bruce Wayne is on the mend. Hope Beauty gets better quick too.

Our vet is always the cheapest place to get meds. They give you a choice of writing out a prescription or getting it from them and it's always pretty cheap. I got about 50 doses of transdermal prednisolone for my cat for under $20. Unfortunately she died a week later, so a fat lot of good that did me, but at least it was inexpensive.

• mountains beyond mtns.

I'm as tired as can be, don't know how I'll make it through work tomorrow. Today we started to get flooded again with people.

The sibling is taking some family to DLR tomorrow and I'm actually glad I don't have to go.

Now I'm back to listening to I See the Light in other languages. It might be fun sometime to see non English versions of Disney films or else that's the fatigue speaking