Page 201 of 287 FirstFirst ... 101151176191198199200201202203204211226251 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,015 of 4294

• mountains beyond mtns.

Re: OMG! Let's Talk On Lion!!

It's a bunch of AYFKM moments, enough for 2014!

I tested positive...

Skin test (ha!)

Thus the need for medical clearance before I can return to work.

So I went to my primary care first in the morning and without an appointment since it's so sudden and the receptionist had to ask him if he'd be able to squeeze me in. That's the only thing that went in my favor today.

I think he was skeptical about the skin test so he ordered this Quantiferon Gold test for me - only gold, silver and bronze aren't good enough for me, haha!

So I set an appointment on the lab's website and this is not as easy to do via phone as it should be. The site seems to have troubles (of course) so because I was in the area and I know they take walk in's, I gave it a shot. Got there and saw only 3 other people so I felt optimistic (ha!). However I then learn that they just ran out of that gold test. They're going to have to order and don't know exactly when it'll be in - I've heard this millions of times in retail settings, never thought I'd hear it here...

Alright so onto the next closest location of this lab (starting to wonder if its the Walmart of labs) which is just a few blocks away. Only 3 people here too but I was not as optimistic, naturally. Sure enough when I handed over the physician order, they added to my pile of AYFKM moments with this particular test ONLY being available Mondays through Thursdays.

We're only on step 2 of finding out if I'm okay or not and already it's been WAYYYYYYY too many bumps in the road, wayyyy too much drama. In between the visits to the two labs, I even stopped by the local mall to use the computers in the Apple Store to see if the lab site worked any better and to scout out all the nearby locations and how to get there and determine just how many I'd be able to visit before they close for the day.

• Selfie Expert

I apparently killed Sean's laptop, so I'm stuck with just my phone or the iPad for posting again. Argh.

Brandon, I hope they get that whole situation taken care of ASAP. That run around is ridiculous. I'm sure you're fine, if it were a true positive the welt would be really big. I have a small reaction to that test every year and always think I'm going to get a positive, but so far I've passed.

Amanda, I'm sure that dress is adorable! I can't wait to see photos. Is your sister practicing retro hair styles? Victory curls are the best!!!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Grim Grinning

I'm not sure, but that's the part I'm worried about. I suck at doing my hair and as such, it's always in a ponytail. I'll have to look into styles and how to's so I can do something with it haha.

• Evil is Sexy

As a non-girly girl, the easiest old-fashioned style for me to pull off on my own is side part with swept bangs and slight flip/curl to the ends of my hair.

Similar to this:
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

• Grim Grinning

Ooh I like that! I should find a picture of my dress and post it. I'd go take a picture, but that's a lot of effort lol.

EDIT: Apparently you have to be a member of the clothing company's website to browse their catalog, so I'll go snap a picture myself.

• Grim Grinning

Name:  downsized_0118141627.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  38.8 KB

And here it is! It's black with small beige polka dots. I found shoes for it and now I just need to find a small purse to use. I have a clutch, but you can't put more than an ID, credit card and a tube of lipstick in it.

• mountains beyond mtns.

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    I apparently killed Sean's laptop, so I'm stuck with just my phone or the iPad for posting again. Argh.

Brandon, I hope they get that whole situation taken care of ASAP. That run around is ridiculous. I'm sure you're fine, if it were a true positive the welt would be really big. I have a small reaction to that test every year and always think I'm going to get a positive, but so far I've passed.

Amanda, I'm sure that dress is adorable! I can't wait to see photos. Is your sister practicing retro hair styles? Victory curls are the best!!!
    I can't think about this tangled mess without getting light headed. It's probably going to go down as the most ABSURD sick leave ever and all because of this perfect storm of runarounds and no one wanting to make sound judgements and bring it to resolution. my workplace was so quick to diagnose me but so unwilling to treat me. If I really were positive shouldn't that warrant immediate treatment?

Infection Control at work said that if I have inactive TB or none at all I can return to work immediately. However my primary is holding up the process by having me repeat the x-rays as well as that aforementioned super limited "gold" test. It's just so frustrating that I don't know whether to be in tears or laugh or what.

• Evil is Sexy

Laugh. Laughter is good for the body and soul. Crying is sometimes needed, but I find that life is too short to be depressed about the random craziness we get mixed up in.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

• Selfie Expert

Laugh so hard you cry. Or master the laugh/cry combo that I've mastered when something ridiculously frustrating happens.

Amanda I love that dress! And I feel ya in the hair. I can't even curl my hair. It's down and straightened or in a ponytail. I have to pay someone to do my hide and makeup for dapper day. It's so worth it though. Doesn't your sister do hair??

• Lord of the Sky

Blog Entries

Hello Kelly Girl........
    Hope all is well with You and the little one........

Jim
    Soaring like an EAGLE !

• Grim Grinning

Thank you! My middle sister does hair, but she's not going on this trip. My makeup I can halfway figure out if I have to. Hair I just get frustrated and give up. I need to have it re-dyed before we go, that's for sure. It's close to my natural color now, but I caught a glimpse of roots today.

Brandon, I'm sorry you're getting the run around. Keep your chin up, it'l all work out.

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleman View Post
    Hello Kelly Girl........
    Hope all is well with You and the little one........

Jim
    Jim!! I've missed you!! Things are great. I can't believe she will already be 6 weeks old tomorrow! How have you been?

Quote Originally Posted by amanda.collishaw View Post
    Thank you! My middle sister does hair, but she's not going on this trip. My makeup I can halfway figure out if I have to. Hair I just get frustrated and give up. I need to have it re-dyed before we go, that's for sure. It's close to my natural color now, but I caught a glimpse of roots today.
    Well if all else fails, just throw a bow, flower, fascinator, or hat on and you're good! So many fun hair accessories!! I really want to do something fun with my hair color. Id love to dye it a solid bright red, but am not sure I could pull it off. So I'm going to do an ombré type blend from dark brown at the top to bright red at the bottom to test run it. I think it'll be pricey to get done, though, so I'm going to reward myself with it after I lose twenty pounds. It'll be incentive!

• Grim Grinning

Ooh that sounds like it'd be pretty! And a reward system always works best haha!

Woooooo! THE SEAHAWKS ARE GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL!!!!!!

• mountains beyond mtns.

Lol! Somehow I just knew Kirsten is having a great time right now.

Congrats to your team!

My 49er friends are sooooo mad right now