Page 214 of 314 FirstFirst ... 114164189204211212213214215216217224239264 ... LastLast
Results 3,196 to 3,210 of 4699

• Grim Grinning

Re: OMG! Let's Talk On Lion!!

Hahahahaha that sounds about right. He hasn't been in ages apparently. Thought about that already but he works all weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    Sometimes I'm glad I'm an only child. Glad you're still going, though!! I'm planning a trip with my coworkers now, and obsessively working out details even though it's not until the end of September.
    I am planning on (hopefully) going in September as well, after the holiday overlay for SM and HM are done.

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by kirstenh View Post
    I am planning on (hopefully) going in September as well, after the holiday overlay for SM and HM are done.
    We're tentatively planning on Sept 28th-30th. I also noticed I'm off on the weekend of fall Dapper Day, and even though I swore it off after sweating it out last year... I'm tempted.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• mountains beyond mtns.

2014 continues to be horribly unkind!

Got a text late afternoon from Kristen, the person whom I'm closest with at work, that her last day is next Tuesday - TOTALLY earth shattering to hear and I guess it doesn't help that I've been away from work for seemingly years.

Anyhow, she was inviting me to a gathering for her, which I attended.

I really don't know what I'll do without her! This is the person with whom I've exchanged the most texts with over the last few years...I most likely would have gotten into lots more trouble at work if not for her.

I guess I'll be stopping by work on her last day then. And I guess at least it's not a "wait - I need to tell you something" sort of farewell.

It used to be that my troubles were all of the interpersonal sort and that went on for years. Then health troubles took over. Not really sure which is less desirable but at least with health, there are any measure of things you can do. With other people, rarely can you control what happens. And the things that really hurt or disappoint or sadden, there rarely are tangible treatments for that.

Okay that's enough out of me

• Selfie Expert

I'm really sorry to hear that Brandon. I hope her replacement brings positive changes to your department, and maybe you'll even find yourself with a new friend.

• mountains beyond mtns.

Getzlaf and Perry are going to bring a hockey gold medal to Anaheim! Or else Silfverberg of Sweden will.

Thanks Kelly! When I first met her, I thought she was such a shallow snot so for us to go way way past that over the years has meant a lot. Who is going to count carbs for me now??? (Haha, my doctors say I've done an A+ job at that). I just hope she's leaving on her terms and not due to some major drama that was unfolding as I started my leave.
    Last edited by brand42; 02-22-2014 at 12:16 AM.

• Selfie Expert

I've always said you were the ideal patient! I'm glad your doc is telling you that.

Sean and I met with a realtor this morning. We are putting our house up for sale and moving back to the area we grew up in and closer to my parents. We need to get to a more family friendly area. I can't wait!!

The only things I will miss about this house are how close we are to the hockey stadium and that it's 45 minutes closer to disneyland... Haha

Sorry to hear that Brandon. I'm with Kelly, hopefully you will get a new friend.

Onward and upwards to a better house Kelly! 45 minutes closer to Disneyland would mean bubkis to us as we're already a 20 hour drive away so it would only be closer to the airport.

• Evil is Sexy

Arg. Brandon, sometimes I want to reach through the screen and give you massive hugs.

Kelly, good luck. We own two homes, but have never sold any. I hope the market is more forgiving towards sellers than when we purchased.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

• Grim Grinning

Made it home about two hours ago. Was a great time, but unfortunately my tonsils decided that day 1 was the day to become very angry. Pretty sure they've gotta go, so I have a dr appointment set up for tomorrow to figure out what's up.

• mountains beyond mtns.

Quote Originally Posted by WildeNight View Post
    Arg. Brandon, sometimes I want to reach through the screen and give you massive hugs.

Kelly, good luck. We own two homes, but have never sold any. I hope the market is more forgiving towards sellers than when we purchased.

Awwww, thanks Susan

i made it to DL twice last week and had the following amusing observations

- a couple in front of me tried to use WDW passes (non AP) to get in.

- another couple boarded the Monorail. The husband insisted on the left window side because he wanted the best view of the Grand Canyon. Lol, I think you want the railroad for that. What's more, as the monorail rounded the Matterhorn, the wife pointed down below and said "my! Look at that line for Space Mountain!"

- a woman pushed her stroller past all the hundreds of strollers parked in front of POTC and joined the queue. Got sent back by a CM

When you watch people at Disneyland do you ever hear dueling Banjos play in your head?

• Evil is Sexy

When you watch people at Disneyland do you ever hear dueling Banjos play in your head?
    Not just in my head. Sometimes I'm audacious enough to sing it out loud. I also chant "Dumb, da dumb dumb. Dumb da dumb dumb DUMB." Just depends on how greivous the stupidity factor is. LOL. Though, I do try to be nice and offer assistance when I can with inserted (polite) corrections.

We had a day like that last Saturday. It was our last day to use our AP's - not renewing right away for financial sanity - and it was the BUSIEST freaking day I have ever been to the park. We rode three rides, had some Dole Whip and Ghiridelli and chili-cone-carne's and mostly people watched. There was no way we were going to stand in those lines and fight with those people when we had been to the park 29 times this year. LOL. Lots of amusing people watching to do as we wandered around.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

• Selfie Expert

Onward and upwards to a better house Kelly! 45 minutes closer to Disneyland would mean bubkis to us as we're already a 20 hour drive away so it would only be closer to the airport.
    I'm very grateful we are within driving distance.

Since we are buying and selling at the same time, no matter how the market is it's kind of a wash for us. Any benefit on one end is a loss on the other! The only thing that really matters is that our home value has gone up enough that we have a down payment built into it. Hopefully it all works out!

Quote Originally Posted by amanda.collishaw View Post
    Made it home about two hours ago. Was a great time, but unfortunately my tonsils decided that day 1 was the day to become very angry. Pretty sure they've gotta go, so I have a dr appointment set up for tomorrow to figure out what's up.
    Pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by brand42 View Post
    - a couple in front of me tried to use WDW passes (non AP) to get in.
    I thought you could use WDW passes? One of my friends often buys the 5 day from WDW and splits them up between there and DL.

All the time

Not just in my head. Sometimes I'm audacious enough to sing it out loud. I also chant "Dumb, da dumb dumb. Dumb da dumb dumb DUMB." Just depends on how greivous the stupidity factor is. LOL. Though, I do try to be nice and offer assistance when I can with inserted (polite) corrections.
    Haha I'm guilty of singing it out loud, too.

• Grim Grinning

I didn't take that many pictures unfortunately but I'll post em on FB one of these days. I think I took more pictures of Mickey and the Magical Map than anything else. Took a video from Fantasmic and got pictures of the fireworks. Only a couple of me all dolled up.

Oh, and my dr said this hell I'm living with my throat is allergies lol. Yay!