Page 217 of 322 FirstFirst ... 117167192207214215216217218219220227242267317 ... LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,255 of 4826

• Random Cupcake Thief

Blog Entries

Re: OMG! Let's Talk On Lion!!

That's horrible, Amanda!!!! I used to work for a place like that. The job I have now is very unconventional which can put me at a disadvantage sometimes but, the one thing I like is that they want you to email your department if you can't come in. This way everyone knows and there is plenty of others to help.
    I suffer from infantile thoughts of grandiosity

• we jumped out a window

Yeah, stitchfan, where have you been?

So I was going to visit DLR today but didn't because we were supposed to be hit with the rainstorm of the year. No rainstorm came of course. I don't actually mind the rain but So Calers really don't know how to drive in the rain and with my 23 things going wrong kind of luck this year, I didn't want to chance it

And yes, Kelly, I did buy the Elsa Sub Zero shirt!

• Grim Grinning

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelluh View Post
    That's horrible, Amanda!!!! I used to work for a place like that. The job I have now is very unconventional which can put me at a disadvantage sometimes but, the one thing I like is that they want you to email your department if you can't come in. This way everyone knows and there is plenty of others to help.
    It really is. Of course it's retail and we get no staff, so if someone calls out, that leaves the manager 100% alone and we can't do that. Unfortunately if I'm sick, I really fail to care.

• Random Cupcake Thief

Blog Entries

There is no such thing as a sick employee who cares!!! Rightfully so too. I've encountered sick people at the grocery store and they steno picnic but I don't hold it against them.

I'm doing okay, trying to get by. Still struggling. Renewed my annual pass to WDW for one more year. And this time got my son & wife a pass as well. Will be able to enjoy one more year with my family for a change.
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

• Selfie Expert

Sean still has a fever, but he's going in to work tomorrow because he's afraid of retaliation. The people he works with are awful. They really punish him if he calls in, and since tomorrow is a Friday they'll claim he just wanted a long weekend.

The worst part is he works in a doctors office and will be handling patients. And his boss certainly won't be stepping in to help. Ugh the whole thing enrages me. I just really hope his fever breaks sometime tonight and that Sophia and I don't get what he had.

Hopefully I'll be back at work tomorrow, assuming Sophia continues to be fine and Sean doesn't get worse. We really can't afford for me to miss more shifts!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by stitchfanocala View Post
    I'm doing okay, trying to get by. Still struggling. Renewed my annual pass to WDW for one more year. And this time got my son & wife a pass as well. Will be able to enjoy one more year with my family for a change.
    Glad to hear that at least you guys will have some guaranteed fun family times!

• Grim Grinning

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelluh View Post
    There is no such thing as a sick employee who cares!!! Rightfully so too. I've encountered sick people at the grocery store and they steno picnic but I don't hold it against them.
    Last time I was sick at work, it was to the point customers were telling me I should go home. I finally told one of em that me telling my boss I need to go home doesn't carry much weight but if a customer would complain that the cashier is hacking and oozing *wink wink* I could probably go home and stop infecting people.

Quote Originally Posted by stitchfanocala View Post
    I still haven't been to WDW. I really should plan a trip. Sorry to hear you're still struggling though!

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    Sean still has a fever, but he's going in to work tomorrow because he's afraid of retaliation. The people he works with are awful. They really punish him if he calls in, and since tomorrow is a Friday they'll claim he just wanted a long weekend.

The worst part is he works in a doctors office and will be handling patients. And his boss certainly won't be stepping in to help. Ugh the whole thing enrages me. I just really hope his fever breaks sometime tonight and that Sophia and I don't get what he had.

Hopefully I'll be back at work tomorrow, assuming Sophia continues to be fine and Sean doesn't get worse. We really can't afford for me to miss more shifts!
    You'd think if he works in a dr's office, they'd be all for him staying home instead of coming to work sick.

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by amanda.collishaw View Post
    You'd think if he works in a dr's office, they'd be all for him staying home instead of coming to work sick.
    If they cared more about quality and less about quantity, that would be the case. I'm sure Brandon can empathize lol

I'm super jealous of anyone visiting the parks in the rain today! Best time to visit DLR is during rain, in my opinion.

I'm tempted to try and go to the 24 hours event in May, especially since you can dress up for it... but its during summer...

• Selfie Expert

Never mind, just realized that's memorial day weekend. NOPE!

• we jumped out a window

I need to maintain tradition so this will be my third 24 hour event. We're up all night til the sun, we're up all night for some fun!

• Grim Grinning

Why in the world would they continue to do that on Memorial Day weekend? Did they learn nothing? I've never done one and given how packed it gets, I don't think I could do it. I'd end up just sitting on a bench somewhere.

Sharks are losing the game, I've missed most of it. Went down to my room to find that all this lovely rain had flooded it. Scrambled to get dressed and run to Lowes. They had been out of sand bags for half an hour. They said I could buy empty bags and go to a fire station to get sand. Went to the fire station, no sand. They weren't prepared for a flood. Ace had playground sand, so we bought that. Ugh this day lol. I don't wanna have to go to work now.

• we jumped out a window

That's exactly what would happen to me if I needed sandbags.

Most likely there will be Grad Nite during the 24 hour event. And of course, not everything will be opened during late night/early morning. I think all they really care about is having a packed park.

• Grim Grinning

That's a shame. If they wanted to do a 24 hour event, everything should be open to everyone. They should move it to a night that isn't a Grad Nite, but that's just me. I'm in a surly mood today for some reason. I guess it's a good thing that I'm working the overnight because if I had to deal with customers, I'd flip.

• Grim Grinning

My allergies really need to stop. I'm starting to think I've developed an allergy to the cats. Any time one gets near me I just start sneezing like mad. Suppose I should do the final stuff check before going to work.