Page 233 of 301 FirstFirst ... 133183208223230231232233234235236243258283 ... LastLast
Results 3,481 to 3,495 of 4503

• Evil is Sexy

Re: OMG! Let's Talk On Lion!!

Hooray on the house selling!! 14 days! That's crazy. We usually gave the home owners 30 days to get everything together and close.
    It might be cheaper to store your stuff and stay with friends out of a couple of suitcases while you look. Unless you can get a really great deal on a hotel with a kitchette.

At least you have fun and personable doctors, Brandon. I had one doctor that treated us as patients and not people. I hated it and dropped him fast. I wasn't being paid to be treated like some textbook clinical study.

Yay Ducks! Yay Sharks! Win more, damn it.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

14 days is crazy. Have you guys even had a chance to start looking at houses in the area you want to move to? How would that change your commutes?

• mountains beyond mtns.

14 days!!!!??? I would be so stressed!!

• Grim Grinning

Well, it looks like I'm watching the game from home. I was supposed to go out and about before the game, but alas flaky people.

• Selfie Expert

We've been looking at houses online for weeks - Sean went and looked at some in person today. We're putting an offer on one, hoping they'll be good with a quick closing too.

I'm kind of freaking out. We could stay with my parents, but I have 4 cats who are indoor only. My parents have a pet door for their dogs and their indoor/outdoor cat. I don't want me cats getting out while they're all freaked out in a new place, so I'd have to lock them in a room. This would pretty much be heartbreaking to me.... but if it's what we have to do for a couple weeks, then so be it.

Our commutes will get pretty nasty. I'll be going from an easy 20 minute commute to an easy 45-50 minute commute in (8pm) and a nasty 1.25 hour commute home (6:30am). I'll be looking for a new job.

Sean's commute won't change a whole lot, maybe add 10 minutes or so.

For the increased safety, more room, great neighborhood, and awesome school district, being close to my parents... it's worth all the headache. I will be SOOOOO relieved when we're settled in, and even more so when we can find more local jobs!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Grim Grinning

Sweet, sweet victory!!! All this worrying over nothin. Guess I have to wear my jersey every game day now.

• Evil is Sexy

When we changed duty stations these last couple of times, we had my husband's parents watch the dogs at their place (they also have a lab) and transported the cats with us. We stayed with a friend the first time who had a small dog (chinese crested) and a parrot and the cats mostly stayed in our bedroom/upstairs because they were afraid of the parrot. LOL. Hey, the bird is as big as Osiris and talks back to them. My favorite was "No! No!" and "Help!" if they got to close to her cage.

The second time, my parents watched the cats for a few months and then I picked them up when we were actually on the move. These cats are troopers. Two plane rides (in cabin), confined to one room in two seperate houses (friends and in-laws because their lab tries to eat cats) and a hotel room for 2 weeks.

It stinks, but it's temporary.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

• Selfie Expert

That's what I keep telling myself - it's temporary, and it's for the better.

• Grim Grinning

Here's hoping you find something soon!

Got my overnight shift swapped for an 8-4:30 as opposed to 10-6:30. Upside is I get to go to bed earlier, downside, I now have to come in dressed for work.

• mountains beyond mtns.

I found a recipe for Ecto Cooler but I really shouldn't be drinking it. Shouldn't even have been drinking that nuclear green stuff when I was a kid!

Saw CAWS (Captain America Winter Soldier) today and although I don't know that I'd see it again, it was not bad at all . Cap and Black Widow were a really good team and it's too bad we won't see more of that.

• Selfie Expert

Didn't get the house we made an offer on yesterday, but found a bigger, nicer house with a huge backyard 1 mile from the first one for less money... so put an offer in on that one late tonight. Hoping to hear back tomorrow, and if they accept it we're going to check it out in person (yes we placed an offer based off of the online listing, but we can back out if needed). So much stress!!!!!

• Selfie Expert

I just ordered a backpack from Hot Topic that looks like Capt. America's shield.

One step close to my costume/bounding outfit for May 23rd.

• Grim Grinning

I decided I need some friends who are good at building electrical things. Engineers? I wanna figure out how to make silent kitchen appliances. I really want to make cookies but everyone's still asleep, so turning a mixer on would probably tick some people off.

• mountains beyond mtns.

Amanda, I'm sure Sheldon could help you out, lol!

Kelly, I mean nothing negative by this at all but you don't strike me personality wise as a Captain America type . then again, I wouldn't say I'm one either. And even though he's my favorite, I don't think I'm really a Superman type either. Hmm I should go take a superhero quiz to confirm this, ha!

• mountains beyond mtns.

Something I had to deal with today and do not enjoy at all - People who are mad but are not honest about what they're mad about. It's like they hold people hostage and make them walk on eggshells.