Page 264 of 286 FirstFirst ... 164214239254261262263264265266267274 ... LastLast
Results 3,946 to 3,960 of 4286

• mountains beyond mtns.

Re: OMG! Let's Talk On Lion!!

I was going to post the locations of every charging outlet I know of in the thread about it but if it's going to turn into this why do you need your phone, why do you need photos judgment, forget it!!!

Kelly, for that guy that suddenly passed, the coroner hasn't determined cause of death yet. And his buddy keeps expecting a random call from him, hoping it's just a long nightmare.
    Last edited by brand42; 05-28-2014 at 12:43 PM.

• Grim Grinning

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    Capital One was my first credit card when I turned 18. I'm not well versed in how to establish credit, but do cell phone bills build credit? If your parents pay your's, maybe see if they can add you to the bill so you build credit?
    Supposedly any monthly bills you have and pay will build your credit. My AP payment comes out of my account every month along with my Netflix payment. I pay my car, insurance and phone in cash. It's the same amount coming out every month. I suppose I could always go down to the bank and politely pull the "now see here" and see what happens. I'm never overdrawn, I have a checking and savings account. The savings account I'm not allowed to take money out of unless it's for an emergency. I pay everything on time every month. Maybe talking to an actual person will get me somewhere. My dad said he could probably get me one though his bank or something too.

Quote Originally Posted by amanda.collishaw View Post
    I'm very close to writing my bank and Capital One very strongly worded letters telling them to leave me the heck alone. They both keep offering me credit cards and denying them when I apply. I have no credit. Can't get any because nobody will give me a card. Gettin real sick of their junk mail. The bank's offer was for me to put 1k on a secured credit card. Um... I don't have that just sitting around, so I can't do that.
    I had that problem, but then I got a card with some ridiculous $300 limit but I used it resonsibly and soon they upped it to $1,500, and as long as you pay your bill on time they will continue to raise your credit limit. That's how I now have credit cards. (only 2, but that's enough).

• Evil is Sexy

Same as Kirstenh. I could never qualify for a credit card on my own. When I got married (I was 27) I applied for a $500 limit card through my bank, Navy Federal Credit Union. As I've been prompt and responsible with it over the years, they've raised my limit over time. Now, I have an $8,000 limit, but I still pretend it's only $500. LOL. I'm good at that. Pretending I don't have money when I do.

Yesterday I was supposed to help with shipment at the store. The delivery truck got a flat tire and had to cancel our shipment (they come down to us from LA/Anaheim, so it's a 3 hour drive for them) because they wouldn't be able to get it to us in our time slot.

Work just called and switched my closing shift tomorrow for the reschedule shipment delivery, so early morning magic take two!!

Have you guys and gals been into a Disney Store lately and have seen our new costumes?
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

• Grim Grinning

Yeah, I wouldn't use it for anything insane, just a pack of gum or a snack while I'm at work or something like that.

• mountains beyond mtns.

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    That is VERY sad!

You should still get overtime if your hours are over 40 for the week. Holiday pay *should* be a separate thing but who knows! Companies are good at saving money lol

I have a 9 day work week ahead of me - 7 nights, one morning, one evening, then I'm never going back to that hospital again!

#TurnAwayAndSlamTheDoor

at my hospital, soooo many of us have tried leaving, myself included, and for one reason or another it doesn't work out and we end up returning.

Quote Originally Posted by WildeNight View Post
    Same as Kirstenh. I could never qualify for a credit card on my own. When I got married (I was 27) I applied for a $500 limit card through my bank, Navy Federal Credit Union. As I've been prompt and responsible with it over the years, they've raised my limit over time. Now, I have an $8,000 limit, but I still pretend it's only $500. LOL. I'm good at that. Pretending I don't have money when I do.

Yesterday I was supposed to help with shipment at the store. The delivery truck got a flat tire and had to cancel our shipment (they come down to us from LA/Anaheim, so it's a 3 hour drive for them) because they wouldn't be able to get it to us in our time slot.

Work just called and switched my closing shift tomorrow for the reschedule shipment delivery, so early morning magic take two!!

Have you guys and gals been into a Disney Store lately and have seen our new costumes?
    was just there on Sat. but didn't notice any new costumes.

I got my first credit card co-signed by parents before I could drive. My first line of credit when I was 20.

• Grim Grinning

There's an idea, Brandon. Maybe I'll try that.

I haven't been to a Disney Store lately but maybe I should see if the one at the Roseville Galleria is hiring. We had another violent customer on Monday and I need out of this company like, 6 years ago. 4 people came in trying to steal baby formula; it's always the same 4 and they hit stores all over CA. The manager on duty saw them, tried to stop them and couldn't, so went out the door dialing 911 to get the licence plate number. One of the men in the group saw him dialing the phone, took it from him, threw it across the parking lot and punched him in the temple.

• Selfie Expert

Holy crap! You need a new job. Seriously.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• mountains beyond mtns.

That Enfamil is really valuable stuff. I don't even know where it's stored at the hospital.

• Grim Grinning

Ours is just out on the shelf. We've had to limit ourselves to only putting one out on the shelf at a time to deter them, but apparently some people forgot because when I went by, there were about 3 of each out. I truly do need a new job, but there's exactly diddly and squat to find out here.

• Selfie Expert

There's gotta be something!

• Grim Grinning

No baking jobs I qualify for. I just spent the last few hours pouring over craigslist. Everything wants at least a year of experience and don't want an application or resume from anyone with less than that. Maybe I'll see if there are any no kill pet shelters in the area hiring. Heck, I'll go do my second favorite thing after baking; playing with animals. My friend wants to start a baking business, so I may join her in that endeavor but that's going to take a while to get off the ground and profitable. But she's Mormon and has been doing lots of wedding cakes lately so she needs help anyhow.

• Evil is Sexy

My in-laws are Mormon. If it's one thing they know how to do, is enterprising businesses. Seriously. Good luck with her cake business.

The Disney Store is definitely the most fun retail job I've ever had. However, getting in the door and expecting more than 20 hours a week isn't realistic. If you need a full-time job, I'd look for other retail positions. Our store only has 12 Cast Members. 1 Store Lead (Manager), 4 Leads, and the rest of us are part-time.

When I worked at Target, I had full-time positions opened up to me within months of starting as part-time. The Target I worked for was a Super Target and had a much larger staff to maintain and turnover rate.

Our little Disney Store has the least amount of turnover I've ever seen. We lost one in the beginning of seasonal, they kept 4 of us after seasonal and just recently one of those quit. Everyone else (except for me and the other two) have been with the store/company for 2+ years.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

• Selfie Expert

Turn over rate says a lot about a company.

A cupcake place in AZ posted on Facebook about needing to hire a decorator. I thought of you, Amanda! Haha

• mountains beyond mtns.

They have Sprinkles Cupcakes opening in Glendale really soon (the one near me and not Kelly's). However, it's super expensive to live around there.