Page 274 of 327 FirstFirst ... 174224249264271272273274275276277284299324 ... LastLast
Results 4,096 to 4,110 of 4897

• Grim Grinning

Re: OMG! Let's Talk On Lion!!

I actually had someone from here recognize me at work. I had a trip report up ages ago and he recognized me from that. I was ringing him out, and he was all, "you look familiar" blah blah blah. I said I'd been at the store a while, so maybe that was it. He said it was the internet. Then I got creeped out, but then he said MC. Good times.

Yay for new luggage carrier! I'd like to have a new luggage set.

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by amanda.collishaw View Post
    I've had a coughing fit like that at work too. Always an awkward moment. I gasped out "I'm not sick, I promise!" then went back to dying.

I hope you all enjoy the pool! I'm jealous, we don't have a pool anymore. I could always run across the street and hop in my neighbors pool though.

Sister and I are about to head out for bottomless mimosas with a friend. Best discovery ever!
    I kept apologizing as I had tears watering down my beet red face. Ugh. Mortifying!

We used to have a pool at our old house, but the new house we opted out. So much maintenance. It's nice that my parents are 15 minutes away and we can swim there whenever we want. Sophia wasn't as thrilled about it as I thought she would be... she prefers her bath tub for now lol

Mmm... I'm not a mimosa fan but the idea of mimosas sounds oddly desirable right now! haha

Quote Originally Posted by kirstenh View Post
    Yay for posting Kelly! As long as you aren't neglecting work I don't imagine it would be a problem. Glad you get to see your family with your new hours!
    That's what I'm hoping! I would never fart around on the internet if there's work to be done. And I am very grateful for normal hours!

Quote Originally Posted by brand42 View Post
    Thanks Kirsten! I'll be okay. It's not the first time I've had belly aches from my meds...as Kelly would probably be able to tell you, that's one potential side effect. I never know when I'll get them, though one time I only had a very mild salsa and that was enough. Seriously, for an extremely mild salsa?????

Belly aches notwithstanding, the meds do work and even at the low dosage I get.

And as for coughing fits, it's terrible when you're answering phones at work! At least if people see you, it's a lot easier and they'll know to give you leeway.

Yeah that med can do a number on the belly, for sure. Especially if you skip meals/snacks! (Ahem, Brandon). I had a phone call to answer during my fit and I just told the nurse "I'm in the middle of a coughing fit so keep talking while I cover the phone and I'll answer when I get a breath" - except it took me like 3 breaths to get that sentence out.

Quote Originally Posted by brand42 View Post
    Lol!!!!! I just joined this forum not too long ago and I got a PM asking if I'm the Brandon they know from another site? It's someone I talk to from time to time and would be like if I ran into any of you on another site.

I guess that can happen when there are common interests at play but still, it's a what are the odds sort of thing.

Totally random but I got a new luggage carrier so I'm ready for my vacation to SD. And WDW -ha! I keep hoping for that every year.
    Hooray for vacations! And it's fun running into people in random places, as long as they're people you don't mind running into.

I actually had someone from here recognize me at work. I had a trip report up ages ago and he recognized me from that. I was ringing him out, and he was all, "you look familiar" blah blah blah. I said I'd been at the store a while, so maybe that was it. He said it was the internet. Then I got creeped out, but then he said MC. Good times.

Yay for new luggage carrier! I'd like to have a new luggage set.
    You're like a celebrity! I need new luggage, too. Mine is all broken and won't stand on it's own lol

I am EXHAUSTED!!! I have a cold, the hubs has a cold (which becomes a man cold, of course), and this 6am shift is kicking my butt! Glad I don't work until 0930 tomorrow and I'm off Wednesday. I'm the only one in the pharmacy today until 11am when a tech finally comes in, so I'm praying for a quiet, smooth morning.
    Last edited by KellyMcG86; 06-23-2014 at 06:06 AM. Reason: grammar!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Grim Grinning

The mimosas were really good, they didn't get stingy with the champagne either. If anything, it was champagne with a splash of oj in it. I came home and took the longest nap in history though lol.

Sorry you both have colds, that's miserable!

Mmmm.....mimosas.....

I would love a new luggage set. I would love a luggage set, period. I had a set of 3 matching suitcases but one has a wonky handle that won't retract and another was stolen by an ex. So now I have one good suitcase and another, unmatching suitcase.

• Grim Grinning

I have a suitcase that has been used many a time and is only good for a three day trip at best. It's still full of bathing suits and such from the last Cabo trip. Everything's clean, but since I don't have a pool or anything, I figure they can just stay in there.

Now I'm scouring the internet for Halloween costume patterns since I don't like any Maleficent costumes they sell. After I find a pattern, I suppose I should find someone who knows how to sew lol.

• we jumped out a window

Hooray for reconnecting with friends! Retelling the story of my twilight zone sick leave is hilarious now that I'm farther removed from it

And...I'm so drained from work...it's just killing me how people aren't following written instructions! One job to do and it's clearly spelled out for them but they can't do it.

• Grim Grinning

It's the same everywhere I guess lol. We can leave written directions for the closing cashier like what to do between customers and what has to be done before leaving at night, and it's all still left undone at the end of the night. Good thing I'm apparently super woman and get it all done for them lol.

• we jumped out a window

Yeah, that's pretty much what happens. We can write down specifically that so and so is to get gluten free cookies with their meals and then either they end up receiving normal cookies or else none at all.

• Grim Grinning

I'd almost rather they get none at all. At least that way there's no medical emergency. Just a cranky patient asking for a cookie.

• we jumped out a window

In those cases, I just send them a note saying that we are sorry but we are out of cookies. Problem is that I can't be everywhere at once and I can't babysit people doing their jobs so things can get sent to patients that they shouldn't be receiving.

• Grim Grinning

That works too. Do they insist that you go look for the cookies anyhow? I love when I tell a customer that what we have on the shelf is what we have and if the shelf is empty, there's no more. They insist I go look in the back anyway "just in case." I really wish I could reply with "Thank you! I really wanted a break to check my phone anyway." I just end up saying yes, and go stand back there for a few minutes usually checking my phone.

• we jumped out a window

So I was reading a discussion on harassment and groping at Comic Con especially of women in costumes. Unfortunately that seems to be a growing problem and so as a bystander, which of these strategies might work best? Not just at the con but anywhere in general.

A. Because punching the day lights out of people is frowned upon and would get me thrown out, distracting the harasser perhaps? Maybe asking them questions? Which way to the nearest restroom? Got a lighter on you? Or even a "hey!! How's it going? Don't you remember me??? I'm Kevin's friend...we met at his party 2 years ago! So what have you been up to???" Hopefully that gives the harassment victim time to flee the scene.

B. doing something similar and acting like a fake friend of the victim. So like "hey!!! There you are!!! The whole gang's looking for you - Kelly and Allison and Ariel and Chad, they're all waiting for you, we should start heading there now. Maybe the harasser gets scared off? Or else they all think I'm totally crazy.

C. Confronting harasser but with a CM tone of voice . "Hey! You're not bothering this young lady over here are you? Because that totally wouldn't be right...actually it's unacceptable..." And maybe they get ashamed at being called out and just leave.

I really am thinking this through because if I actually see it happening, I won't know what to do. But I feel it is important to take a stand. There's a Big Bang episode where Penny expresses major disappointment and frustration at the guys because they're so hard core into superheroes but when it comes to taking a stand, they're super cowards. And she's right.

• we jumped out a window

That works too. Do they insist that you go look for the cookies anyhow? I love when I tell a customer that what we have on the shelf is what we have and if the shelf is empty, there's no more. They insist I go look in the back anyway "just in case." I really wish I could reply with "Thank you! I really wanted a break to check my phone anyway." I just end up saying yes, and go stand back there for a few minutes usually checking my phone.

Yes, they do insist. Or even ask to speak with a manager...okay yeah like they're going to magically make what you want to appear. What really, really gets me is when people think we're a restaurant.

"What kind of cakes and pies do you have?"

Only if there are zero restrictions I tell them "we have pound cake. And we have apple pie". Internally I'm thinking "we're not the Cheesecake Factory here!"

• Grim Grinning

Oh I know. I've had a few people that have had me look for something, I come back, tell them we're out go and ask a co-worker if we have any. I'll walk right by them and tell them I already looked, we're out. They think asking someone else is going to change the answer.

To answer your question, I'd go with something to the effect of asking the person being groped if she's being bothered and if so, telling the person that's doing the bothering to go away and leave her alone. I'm not sure how Con works, but I'd assume there's security roaming around. I'd take her over to a security guard and describe the person so they can keep an eye out because chances are, they'll do it again to someone else. I kinda like the idea of just stepping in and acting like you're part of her group, but unfortunately if she doesn't catch on that you're trying to help, I feel like she may think you're either working with the guy bothering her or she's just not gonna play along and it could get worse somehow.

• we jumped out a window

I had a whole response typed out but it got wiped out. Thanks for the input, Amanda.