Page 28 of 238 FirstFirst ... 18252627282930313878128 ... LastLast

• mountains beyond mtns.

Re: OMG! Let's Talk On Lion!!

Except it was a fictionalized San Diego. Locations in my dreams are always distorted from reality, especially my bizarro versions of DLR and WDW.

And yes, I stopped by DCA briefly on Saturday but only rode Ariel's Undersea Adventure since it was the shortest line.

• New Mommy

Ariel's Undersea Adventure was one ride that I had planned to go on, but never made it. Not too heartbroken, it was just one that I knew wouldn't get me sick lol

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!

KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• mountains beyond mtns.

This time I had a dream about visiting WDW. Except that it looks nothing like the real thing and I was in line for California Screamin' which isn't one of their attractions.

• New Mommy

Well those sound like fun dreams, at least!

• New Mommy

You know what I hate?

Having to blow dry my hair.

It's a rare occasion that I have to do it, as I usually shower before I go to bed so my hair air dries. I don't know how to appropriately blow dry, so my hair ends up looking like a tumbleweed and being frizzy until I wash it again.

Argh! Being a girl is such a pain!

• mountains beyond mtns.

I was just reading a column about the NHL playoffs and just HAD to repost this for Amanda.

"Cheering for the Sharks in the playoffs is like cheering for the promiscuous girl in a horror movie. You'll get to see a few fun scenes but it's not going to end well."

LOL!!!

• Evil is Sexy

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    You know what I hate?

Having to blow dry my hair.

It's a rare occasion that I have to do it, as I usually shower before I go to bed so my hair air dries. I don't know how to appropriately blow dry, so my hair ends up looking like a tumbleweed and being frizzy until I wash it again.

Argh! Being a girl is such a pain!
    I don't often blow dry my hair either, it's damaged enough with all the color I do to it. But, when I do try to "tame the mane" with a blow dryer I will alternate with a rounded brush and a flat brush. If you have a flat brush with back slots, use the dryer through the slots to keep your hair flatter. Use the round brush to curl or wave your ends. Just before you are done, flip your hair upside down for a volumizing once-over. One more time normal-like with the flat brush and it shouldn't be too frizzy. I also use Frizz-Ease on those more humid days since my hair decided about a decade ago it was going to stop being straight and try to sneak-a-wave (all pointing to the left, mind you, both sides.)

A good flat-iron is a better investment than a hair dryer should you want straighter hair most of the time as well.

I totally can't sleep with wet hair unless I bun or braid it. At least then, it will have a desired styled effect in the morning. If I sleep with it wet and free-flowing, it's a gianormous birds nest the next morning and I may as well rewet and condition it.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

• New Mommy

Quote Originally Posted by brand42 View Post
    I was just reading a column about the NHL playoffs and just HAD to repost this for Amanda.

"Cheering for the Sharks in the playoffs is like cheering for the promiscuous girl in a horror movie. You'll get to see a few fun scenes but it's not going to end well."

LOL!!!
    Hahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WildeNight View Post
    I don't often blow dry my hair either, it's damaged enough with all the color I do to it. But, when I do try to "tame the mane" with a blow dryer I will alternate with a rounded brush and a flat brush. If you have a flat brush with back slots, use the dryer through the slots to keep your hair flatter. Use the round brush to curl or wave your ends. Just before you are done, flip your hair upside down for a volumizing once-over. One more time normal-like with the flat brush and it shouldn't be too frizzy. I also use Frizz-Ease on those more humid days since my hair decided about a decade ago it was going to stop being straight and try to sneak-a-wave (all pointing to the left, mind you, both sides.)

A good flat-iron is a better investment than a hair dryer should you want straighter hair most of the time as well.

I totally can't sleep with wet hair unless I bun or braid it. At least then, it will have a desired styled effect in the morning. If I sleep with it wet and free-flowing, it's a gianormous birds nest the next morning and I may as well rewet and condition it.
    I have a decent straightener. That thing is my savior! My hair is frizzy curly without it. I really should learn to blow-dry correctly so I can actually have style and shape to my hair... I'm bad at being a girl lol

• mountains beyond mtns.

Ducks take Game 1!

a lot of my time has been taken up by a mobile game and it isn't Candy Crush

• New Mommy

We have been upgraded from "blob" to "bean"! And the bean has a heartbeat!

I also learned that I'm almost 7.5 weeks along, a week further than I thought, which is a huge relief because I'm that much closer to being out of my first trimester. Woohoo!!

I am SO happy the Ducks won!! And the Kings lost!!! Just wish the Hawks lost... though at least they went into overtime. Not that it matters, but it means they didn't have an easy game.

• mountains beyond mtns.

Congrats Kelly! I told you not to worry

and it's not just that the Kings lost but how. In OT, their goalie, Quick, went behind his net, made some weak attempt to clear the puck which the Blues intercepted and shot right into the net. It's just one game but maybe it shows that not everything is going their way like it did in last year's playoffs.

• New Mommy

Every time our goalie, Smith, went behind the net during playoffs I would about have a heart attack and scream at him to stay in the goal!!! Gah I hate when they do that when there are opposing players so close by!

We saw that goal and laughed. Quick seems like a semi decent guy, but it was still hilarious. I would've rather seen it happen to Crawford, though!

• New Mommy

Back to overnight tonight... I really need to finish laundry and go to the grocery store for a few things, then try and get some sleep. Bleh.

• New Mommy

Groceries are done and put away, cleaned out the refrigerator, ate some lunch, last load of laundry is in the dryer... time to try and get some sleep! Catch you all later!

• mountains beyond mtns.

I've been cleared to go to DLR on May 24-25!!!