Page 294 of 309 FirstFirst ... 194244269284291292293294295296297304 ... LastLast
Results 4,396 to 4,410 of 4624

• Evil is Sexy

Re: OMG! Let's Talk On Lion!!

Don't fall for it. One apology does not qualify him an "I've changed!" card. If he treated you poorly before, he'll do it again.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

• Grim Grinning

True. I have no intention of getting back together with him anyhow. I'd already said we could hang out tonight with some friends when I get off work, so we'll see how it goes. Told my sister I was going out after work and she got her feathers all ruffled. Probably won't go much of anywhere but at least I get out of the house.

• mountains beyond mtns.

Hanging out with friends is probably the best way to go.

I would give him credit for apologizing because many, many, many people do not. People disappearing from the face of the earth might indicate a period in their life where they just got so completely overwhelmed and shellshocked and had zero clue what to do so they pull an "Elsa" and shut the entire world out.

He did wound you severely it seems and since he did apologize, you owe him nothing at this stage and so if he isn't as sincere as I'm inclined to believe he is, you do have every right to slam the door on him.

I hope everything turns out positive!

• Selfie Expert

Everything I would say has already been said. Be careful. No matter how much you say you won't fall for him, you're going to be vulnerable.

I actually liked the Mexican place in DCA better than Rancho. The taco platter there was so delicious!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• mountains beyond mtns.

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post

I actually liked the Mexican place in DCA better than Rancho. The taco platter there was so delicious!
    That's impossible!!

then again I'm limited in where I can eat and if it's DCA, it's either Flo's or Paradise Garden Grill.

• Grim Grinning

It went rather well. His friends were nice, he and I got to sort of hash things out. He continued to apologize. I don't want to say he gave me reasons for why he did what he did, but he said he had been dealing with depression and had put on a brave face for so long and it all fell apart and he did just shut everything and everyone out. He wants to apologize to my family for what he put me through and just really wants to repair things just to be friends. He wants me to get everything off my chest about the whole thing, but it was easily 3 years ago and I'm pretty much past it, but hey, if he wants me to yell at him, why not haha.

Thank you for the input guys, it helps to have people to talk to about it.

• Selfie Expert

Well, he sure is making it hard to say "No he's still a jerk!!". Good on him for making the effort. I hope his intentions are as good as they appear!

• mountains beyond mtns.

So yeah, "completely and horribly overwhelmed with zero idea of how to proceed". Was I right or what?

it sounds like he got a lot of help, professional at that, during that time.

On my world at least (population of 1 ), no one puts themselves in the line of fire like that knowing full well that the past will get thrown in his face. That is no way at all to play games or pull charades and so I'd say there's very, very little - only a .12 % chance of that.

It seems all of this is for his own sake and his ongoing efforts to deal with the past and I applaud his courage.

• mountains beyond mtns.

I suddenly want miso soup thanks to Kelly.

• Grim Grinning

Yeah, I'm glad he's making the effort to make amends. Granted it's at least 3 years overdue, but can't complain, it's more than most people usually get.

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by brand42 View Post
    I suddenly want miso soup thanks to Kelly.
    Blame Sophie for that!

Quote Originally Posted by amanda.collishaw View Post
    Yeah, I'm glad he's making the effort to make amends. Granted it's at least 3 years overdue, but can't complain, it's more than most people usually get.
    Better late than never. It's nice to have closure, even if the wound has healed.

So I have a bit of a situation. I plan trips with a group of my (former) coworkers to Disneyland every so often, and am very excited to go. Well last time I went out with a few of them, they mentioned they were all going to Six Flags... and didn't invite me. I'm kind of hurt about it. I just decided to ask them directly why I'm not invited, because I just want to know if there's a reason. I hope it doesn't start drama, I know they didn't do it to hurt me.

Anyway, I think I've ordered the last parts of our Dapper Day outfits, and even have an old looking toy for Sophie to carry around. SO EXCITED!

A girl from a Disney fan group on Facebook has offered to take free photos to build her photography profile. I'm excited and hopeful that we'll get some cute family photos from her!

• mountains beyond mtns.

Since I seem to like to make reasonably accurate guesses at people's motivations, Kelly, I don't think your friends made a conscious effort to exclude you. They probably didn't want to disrupt and pull you away from your time with family and child, that's all.

• Grim Grinning

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    So I have a bit of a situation. I plan trips with a group of my (former) coworkers to Disneyland every so often, and am very excited to go. Well last time I went out with a few of them, they mentioned they were all going to Six Flags... and didn't invite me. I'm kind of hurt about it. I just decided to ask them directly why I'm not invited, because I just want to know if there's a reason. I hope it doesn't start drama, I know they didn't do it to hurt me.

Anyway, I think I've ordered the last parts of our Dapper Day outfits, and even have an old looking toy for Sophie to carry around. SO EXCITED!

A girl from a Disney fan group on Facebook has offered to take free photos to build her photography profile. I'm excited and hopeful that we'll get some cute family photos from her!
    It does seem odd that they didn't invite you, but I agree with Brandon that they probably didn't do it with a malicious intent. Glad you asked them though, I'd never have the courage to ask.

Exciting about the free picture taking! I'm so excited!

Quote Originally Posted by brand42 View Post
    Since I seem to like to make reasonably accurate guesses at people's motivations, Kelly, I don't think your friends made a conscious effort to exclude you. They probably didn't want to disrupt and pull you away from your time with family and child, that's all.
    Such the sage, Brandon. And now thanks to you, and in part, Sophie, I want miso soup too.

• Selfie Expert

I get along better with my guy friends than my girl friends, I think because I am so direct and hate playing the stupid games girls play haha

They gave me some excuses, but I think it really just came down to a few things, none of which really matter, and none of which were meant to be malicious. I still think it was kind of rude, but it's not a big deal. Just wanted to make sure there wasn't some stupid drama brewing anywhere, since that stuff likes to pop up out of nothing!

SOOOO excited for Dapper Day! Less than a month away!!!!!!!!!!

• mountains beyond mtns.

But...but...those games are such non straight forward challenging fun!!!!!

(Posted with fake sincerity as one might guess)