Page 39 of 298 FirstFirst ... 142936373839404142496489139 ... LastLast

• Evil is Sexy

Re: OMG! Let's Talk On Lion!!

Disney was fun, as usual. We arrived at 0730, piddled around the front of DCA and went in to look around FF&P Cafe. Rope drops and we did Toy Story, then Screamin', grabbed ToT fastpasses, watched It's Tough to be a Bug, then Ariel, then Toy Story again (holy cow! twice in one visit!). Wandered over to the Corn Dog Castle around 1040 and waited 20 minutes for them to open.

By now we had established communication with our friend from Colorado and set a meet-up time and place.

Over to Tower of Terror... where our photo was lost in another dimension. WHO MESSED UP OUR AWESOME PHOTO?!

We made a side trip to the little store just before Oswalds on the way out. Husband bought his Evil Queen pin he's wanted. I eye up those special edition tiny hats.. and give in and buy the Malificent one. Promptly it was placed on my head... hey it matched my outfit even though I'm sure it looked silly.

We headed to Disneyland, stopping in at the gallery to look at the models and trying to figure out how they altered the train tracks when they upgraded/added various lands.

Realizing it was 1230, we walked to the hub and I saw a farily large group of people chatting at the Goofy Statue/Bench. So I stood at the statue, smiling and listening. Was greeted vaguely by one person who was in a heated conversation with others about... Knotts I think. Saw Bruce. Was never talked to or really acknowleged after that. Everyone seemed really into their discussions. Husband rejoined me and I wandered off. Eh, whatever. Maybe next time I'll actually be in the mood to be chatty with strangers.

Buzz Lightyear. Kicked my husbands butt - always do. Space Mountain fastpasses where we passed our friend who DID NOT hear us shouting his name as I jumped up and down. You would think, someone dressed all in purple and sky blue with flame hair and tiny hat would be noticed. LOL. Nope. So I texted him and teased the crud out of him about it.

We did Alice, then headed to the Haunted Mansion. After that, we went back to Tomorrowland and caught the monorail to DTD.

We met with our friend and his friend at Jazz Kitchen Express aka Creole Cafe and spent a lovely hour catching up. We both rode the monorail in and split up again as he had Splash Fastpasses and was meeting back up with his family and we had our Space Mountain passes.

Rode Space Mountain and then headed home for the night. Left by 1800, home just before 2000, passed out by 2100 and up again at 0400 for his work week.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

• Evil is Sexy

PS - Our strangest conversation was about how Disney would go from the Happiest Place on Earth to the most terrifying if they had sniper nests located around the park to snipe people misbehaving. Don't ask. My husband is odd. LOL.

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

• mountains beyond mtns.

Quote Originally Posted by WildeNight View Post
    PS - Our strangest conversation was about how Disney would go from the Happiest Place on Earth to the most terrifying if they had sniper nests located around the park to snipe people misbehaving. Don't ask. My husband is odd. LOL.

North Korea Disneyland??? Ha!

the boss didn't show up today but I was so swamped I couldn't take advantage of it in any way.

Thanks for the trip report! I have to wait until next fall. *sigh*

I am about to strangle people who post vague status reports on FB. I know they only do it to get attention and people asking them for more info but I'm not going to encourage that behavior. If "It's too soon to say anything" then how about you don't say anything, hmmm???

• mountains beyond mtns.

Kirsten, this probably isn't
    a good time to tell you that I'll be at DLR's Monstrous Summer 24 hr event this Friday-Saturday

Or maybe I should have said that in really vague terms, lol! "Gonna spend 24 hrs at the most fun place on earth this Friday!"

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by kirstenh View Post
    I hate when people have what should be a private converstation loudly and in public. Then act as if you're eavesdropping if you tell them to can it.

I go camping with Darren probably once or twice a month but he'd go every dang weekend if he had his way.
    That's when you start making lots of loud noises, coughing, farting, whatever, to disrupt their conversation.

You're a better wife than I! My husband keeps trying to get me to camp. I can stand the dirt, lack of shower, whatever... but I need a toilet. Haha

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Selfie Expert

Yay mini TR!! Thanks, Susan!!

Wait... special edition hats?!! PICTURES!!!

Sounds like a perfectly marvelous day.

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by kirstenh View Post
    Thanks for the trip report! I have to wait until next fall. *sigh*

I am about to strangle people who post vague status reports on FB. I know they only do it to get attention and people asking them for more info but I'm not going to encourage that behavior. If "It's too soon to say anything" then how about you don't say anything, hmmm???
    I'm counting down the days until our next trip in September... so far!!!

I can't stand when people do that. I have one friend in particular who sends texts like that. I call it "fishing". I hate it and just ignore it. I'm not playing his stupid annoying little game! Especially since he's a HE and is acting like a girl. Argh!

Quote Originally Posted by brand42 View Post
    a good time to tell you that I'll be at DLR's Monstrous Summer 24 hr event this Friday-Saturday

Or maybe I should have said that in really vague terms, lol! "Gonna spend 24 hrs at the most fun place on earth this Friday!"
    Hehe or just say "I have the best plans for Friday!"

• Evil is Sexy

Yes, fishing for attention is annoying. If I post something vague on FB, it's usually code for certain people who would get it. If I have an issue I really need to share, I'll share it.

Drama, no time for it. Bleh.

The day was fun! I don't have any photos of me... I think... I mostly took flower photos and detail photos of some rides. Unless my husband sneak-a-shot me since he had the camera in his pocket. OH! I forgot... we did our usual "Space Zombies" photo bomb on Space Mountain (works best when you're in the back and everyone in front of you is screaming.) Our car passengers LOVED it!! They all ran up and snapped photos of it, giggling... gave my husband a high-five. LOL. Silly people.

The hat. It's one of those tiny top hats. It has an elastic string to put around your chin, which needs to be removed (I think) so I can put it on with bobby pins or something else.
    Last edited by WildeNight; 05-20-2013 at 10:26 PM. Reason: You're... not your. Meh.

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.

• Evil is Sexy

So freaking hungry. I have to in for basic lab work tomorrow morning and I'm not allowed to eat after 8 pm. Just water. Yeah.... mmm... hungry. I suppose I'll go to sleep to fend off the tummy growls.
    See you crazies tomorrow.

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.

• Selfie Expert

I love those tiny hats. I love the tiny ear hats, too. I love Disney merchandise. It's a problem. An expensive one.

I want to see a zombie photo bomb!!! It will be a long time before I can try it out myself... but I must remember to do it!! Haha I love doing funny poses/faces on rides.

• Selfie Expert

We had to refill 6 code carts last night. Six codes. In ONE NIGHT. That's no good.

Two more nights then I'm off for 6... I can't wait!

• mountains beyond mtns.

Quote Originally Posted by WildeNight View Post
    So freaking hungry. I have to in for basic lab work tomorrow morning and I'm not allowed to eat after 8 pm. Just water. Yeah.... mmm... hungry. I suppose I'll go to sleep to fend off the tummy growls.
    See you crazies tomorrow.
    it only needs to be 8 hours that you don't eat. Trust me, I go to the blood lab every other month now.

I had to come to work an hour early - boo on that!!

Quote Originally Posted by brand42 View Post

I don't envy your 24 hour thing though - in fact, I would reschedule a DL trip to avoid it. If I lived closer it might be fun, but when I can only make the trek once a year or so I don't want to spend time with a gajillion other people and wait 90 min. to ride HM. We ended up leaving last year around 11:30 and came back the next day. The next day was awesome; the park was practically deserted.

On a side note, if anyone said they were going to the most fun place on earth, I would totally assume DLR.

• Evil is Sexy

We may go up on Sunday or Monday. I really want to partake in the Greek Festival they have planned for the weekend. And who can resist getting their photo taken with Hercules?!

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.