Page 40 of 324 FirstFirst ... 153037383940414243506590140 ... LastLast

• we jumped out a window

Re: OMG! Let's Talk On Lion!!

Quote Originally Posted by kirstenh View Post
    I don't envy your 24 hour thing though - in fact, I would reschedule a DL trip to avoid it. If I lived closer it might be fun, but when I can only make the trek once a year or so I don't want to spend time with a gajillion other people and wait 90 min. to ride HM. We ended up leaving last year around 11:30 and came back the next day. The next day was awesome; the park was practically deserted.

On a side note, if anyone said they were going to the most fun place on earth, I would totally assume DLR.
    I did go to Leap Day last year and it was a disaster. Not necessarily because of overcrowding, understaffing, poor planning by Disney but due to all the health complications I was suffering.

Now that I'm doing better, I feel I owe myself a do over of the 24 hour experience. Don't worry, I'm going in with a game plan with plans B,C,D,E,F and so forth.

• Selfie Expert

I read about the Greek festival, and all I can think is I want a gyro. Mmmm!!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• we jumped out a window

Eeeek! Soooo many carbs and calories in a gyro!!!

• Selfie Expert

Luckily I don't have to watch carbs. Calories, yes, but that's why I don't eat gyros every day.

• Selfie Expert

107 more days until my next trip...

• Selfie Expert

Last night was rough at work, mostly because the pharmacists are horribly understaffed and the shift before me left me with a giant mess to clean up... Today will be the same situation with staffing, so I'm very much looking forward to 7am tomorrow morning when I can make my walk to freedom!!

• Evil is Sexy

I suddenly had an image of Kelly leaving the building, getting to her car, tossing her arms up in the air, hands in fists, turning to the building and shouting "They can take away my sanity! But they'll never take away my FREEDOM!!!"
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

Quote Originally Posted by WildeNight View Post
    I suddenly had an image of Kelly leaving the building, getting to her car, tossing her arms up in the air, hands in fists, turning to the building and shouting "They can take away my sanity! But they'll never take away my FREEDOM!!!"
    I would love to see a video of that.

Hoo, yesterday at work has been killer. We have a 4 person office and one person is on vacation for 3 days so in addition to getting all the phones I had to rush out a couple Orders/Motions yesterday. Got it done but now I'm doing the things I SHOULD have been doing yesterday. Is it the weekend yet?

• Evil is Sexy

Soooon... very soooooon.

My work news is: Drove to the Target store I've wanted to transfer to to speak to their HR team member face to face. She's on vacation until Monday, but I spoke with one of their Team Leads and he was very impressed with my previous training and "spirit." LOL. I'm a giant ball of sunshine, apparently. He took all my information down and I should know by next week if I have an official transfer to that store. 25 minute drive. Meh. The game plan is to get situated there, watch for openings at the one closest to my home and do an internal transfer there in a few months.

Annnnd... 4 day weekend with my husband. Yay! We may nix Disney and just be lazy and stay home all weekend grilling in the backyard.
    Last edited by WildeNight; 05-22-2013 at 12:45 PM. Reason: Weebles wobble but they won't fall down!

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post

And yes, the name of this thread came from an Ambien-induced typo from your's truly.

Okay, I've seen this thread many times and I just now decided to pop in to see what it was about and I see this and it had me in stitches!!! And it was also one of those "Its funny cause it's true!!" sorta laughs!
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

• we jumped out a window

2 more days! It can be a disaster but I'll be prepared! Even if I have to spend time riding the DLRR in continuous loops I'll do that. Even if I have to go through Tarzan's Treehouse over and over again, I will.

Soooon... very soooooon.

My work news is: Drove to the Target store I've wanted to transfer to to speak to their HR team member face to face. She's on vacation until Monday, but I spoke with one of their Team Leads and he was very impressed with my previous training and "spirit." LOL. I'm a giant ball of sunshine, apparently. He took all my information down and I should know by next week if I have an official transfer to that store. 25 minute drive. Meh. The game plan is to get situated there, watch for openings at the one closest to my home and do an internal transfer there in a few months.

Annnnd... 4 day weekend with my husband. Yay! We may nix Disney and just be lazy and stay home all weekend grilling in the backyard.
    Good luck Rainbow Dash/Ball of Sunshine!

• Evil is Sexy

Thank you, Brandon! Have fun at the event, if I forget to say it before you leave Friday.

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.

• we jumped out a window

Thanks Susan!

I had a horrible day at work as well and wanted to let out a scream for 10 minutes nonstop.

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by kirstenh View Post
    I would love to see a video of that.

Hoo, yesterday at work has been killer. We have a 4 person office and one person is on vacation for 3 days so in addition to getting all the phones I had to rush out a couple Orders/Motions yesterday. Got it done but now I'm doing the things I SHOULD have been doing yesterday. Is it the weekend yet?
    Hahaha I'll have to make a video of it one day. I have screamed "FREEDOOOOOM!!!" while walking out the door on a few occasions. This stretch of nights seems like a perfect occasion for it. Ugh.

What do you do, Kirsten?

• Selfie Expert

Soooon... very soooooon.

I hope Target gets it together for you! You certainly have waited long enough.

Yay for 4 day weekends!! I almost miss when the hubs was unemployed because we had every other week off together and were going to Disneyland all the time!! I'm grateful for his income, but it's so much harder to get to the parks... though now we can afford it much easier!! Catch 22 lol