Page 41 of 322 FirstFirst ... 163138394041424344516691141 ... LastLast

• Selfie Expert

Re: OMG! Let's Talk On Lion!!

Quote Originally Posted by stitchfanocala View Post
    Okay, I've seen this thread many times and I just now decided to pop in to see what it was about and I see this and it had me in stitches!!! And it was also one of those "Its funny cause it's true!!" sorta laughs!
    Haha do you know it's true from experience?? I miss my Ambien!! Luckily pregnancy seems to be wearing me out enough that I've been sleeping decently most days without any help, but Brandon can tell you how fun it is to talk to me after I've had Ambien.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by brand42 View Post
    2 more days! It can be a disaster but I'll be prepared! Even if I have to spend time riding the DLRR in continuous loops I'll do that. Even if I have to go through Tarzan's Treehouse over and over again, I will.
    I want to hear all about it!! I'm even ok with you spamming Facebook or even texts with photos of the parks so I can live vicariously. Just saying! I so wish I could be there. You've got the right attitude about it. HAVE FUN!

• Selfie Expert

We need to get some talkative night owls in here!

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    Haha do you know it's true from experience?? I miss my Ambien!! Luckily pregnancy seems to be wearing me out enough that I've been sleeping decently most days without any help, but Brandon can tell you how fun it is to talk to me after I've had Ambien.
    All I can say is I've used it before and I've had those "Did I do that, I don't remember?" moments.
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

• Evil is Sexy

We need to get some talkative night owls in here!
    Ha! Only when the hubs is out do I have the luxury of catering to my Night Owl tendancies.

With work possibly starting up again, as well, my hours will probably return to a more... er... normal? cycle.

I've never been on official medication for sleep. I just take Melatonin when I have trouble or know I need a really decent 6-8 hours.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

• Selfie Expert

All I can say is I've used it before and I've had those "Did I do that, I don't remember?" moments.
    Ah if I knew you were coming back I would've kept the tab open!! Of course, I'm off my night shift for a few days, but you should definitely hang out here next week lol

Quote Originally Posted by WildeNight View Post
    Ha! Only when the hubs is out do I have the luxury of catering to my Night Owl tendancies.

With work possibly starting up again, as well, my hours will probably return to a more... er... normal? cycle.

I've never been on official medication for sleep. I just take Melatonin when I have trouble or know I need a really decent 6-8 hours.
    I'll miss your late night messages! But I'll be happy for you that you'll be working again.

• we jumped out a window

I want to hear all about it!! I'm even ok with you spamming Facebook or even texts with photos of the parks so I can live vicariously. Just saying! I so wish I could be there. You've got the right attitude about it. HAVE FUN!
    I'll try my best to! Last time people camped around electric outlets so it was tough to charge phones and you know how those iphones can drain.

Interestingly I can't remember some things from last night, sort of like The Hangover. I don't remember brushing my teeth or turning off the lights though I assume both happened.

Interestingly I can't remember some things from last night, sort of like The Hangover. I don't remember brushing my teeth or turning off the lights though I assume both happened.
    It apparently is a common side effect to it, either the brand, the generic or both. My wife complained about the same issue even slightly blacking out at work. So slight memory loss can happen with it. It's not surprising. Whenever I use it, it knocks me right out for the night. But sometimes I awake again after like 2 hours, which happened last night for some reason. I've been trying to watch my caffeine intake at night, being careful not to drink any after 8pm so as to not to keep me up. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I find though that when I'm on a steady work schedule having me up early in the morning, I sleep better and even find myself nodding off before 10. I hate the bad economy right now and not working. I lose sleep or otherwise have my sleeping schedule all messed up.
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

• Evil is Sexy

I hate the bad economy right now and not working. I lose sleep or otherwise have my sleeping schedule all messed up.
    Amen to that!
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

So I'm trying to lay down & take a short nap to try to recover some of the sleep I lost last night. But that got lost to the army of lawn maintenance guys outside with their loud leaf blowers. Three or four of them out there, going back and forth for a few hours. It's my 6 year old son's birthday today and we're planning on going out for dinner tonight. I need my sleep. Not going to get it now!!!

• we jumped out a window

It apparently is a common side effect to it, either the brand, the generic or both. My wife complained about the same issue even slightly blacking out at work. So slight memory loss can happen with it. It's not surprising. Whenever I use it, it knocks me right out for the night. But sometimes I awake again after like 2 hours, which happened last night for some reason. I've been trying to watch my caffeine intake at night, being careful not to drink any after 8pm so as to not to keep me up. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I find though that when I'm on a steady work schedule having me up early in the morning, I sleep better and even find myself nodding off before 10. I hate the bad economy right now and not working. I lose sleep or otherwise have my sleeping schedule all messed up.

My memory gap isn't medication related though.

So I'm trying to lay down & take a short nap to try to recover some of the sleep I lost last night. But that got lost to the army of lawn maintenance guys outside with their loud leaf blowers. Three or four of them out there, going back and forth for a few hours. It's my 6 year old son's birthday today and we're planning on going out for dinner tonight. I need my sleep. Not going to get it now!!!
    Happy birthday to your son! Any fun presents for him like Lego sets?

Kelly, I missed a golden opportunity to show up one of our top 25 worst nurses! She was asking another nurse about getting another box of test strips for Accu Chek glucose meters and didn't realize there's a key card you have to change. I should have interjected and told the 2 nurses that not only that but they should run a control solution test when opening a new container of strips. In a week they probably use the amount of strips I use in 2 months so their chances of having a bad batch of strips is much higher. Plus I wouldn't put it past them to use expired strips and not know it.

My memory gap isn't medication related though.

Happy birthday to your son! Any fun presents for him like Lego sets?

Kelly, I missed a golden opportunity to show up one of our top 25 worst nurses! She was asking another nurse about getting another box of test strips for Accu Chek glucose meters and didn't realize there's a key card you have to change. I should have interjected and told the 2 nurses that not only that but they should run a control solution test when opening a new container of strips. In a week they probably use the amount of strips I use in 2 months so their chances of having a bad batch of strips is much higher. Plus I wouldn't put it past them to use expired strips and not know it.
    Thank you. Money is tight this year, I think toys are on the minimum. He got an expansion pack for his leapfrog smartpad 2. (The things they make for kids these days. All I had were Star Wars action figures & Transformers!) The majority he needed were clothes, such as pants. He tears holes in them like they were nothin, probably because he's such a klutz which he takes after his mom. They're both about as surefooted as a mountain goat in quicksand. As for the memory, you must have been serious when you said it was like The Hangover.

• Selfie Expert

I'll try my best to! Last time people camped around electric outlets so it was tough to charge phones and you know how those iphones can drain.
    I was at Home Depot earlier and saw a portable charging station thing and totally thought of you and how you could use it tomorrow!

The trick with Ambien is to take it and lay down. It's not something that knocks you out, it just makes it so you can fall asleep, so it's easy to "fight" and stay awake. Staying awake is when the weird stuff happens... And I get the same thing where it only keeps me asleep for a few hours. I would usually split mine in half then take the other half if I woke up after a few hours.

I hope you were able to get some rest or at least muster up enough energy to get through dinner! Where did you end up going to eat? Happy birthday to the kiddo!!!

They're SUPPOSED to do the test solution before every new box of strips. *sigh*

I love when a nurse with an attitude calls trying to make it looks like pharmacy messed up something, and then I absolutely destroy them. It happened the other night when a nurse called all excited to bust us that we loaded a drug wrong. Turns out she just couldn't do simple math. (2mg/ml is the same as 4mg/2ml!!)

Thank you. Money is tight this year, I think toys are on the minimum. He got an expansion pack for his leapfrog smartpad 2. (The things they make for kids these days. All I had were Star Wars action figures & Transformers!) The majority he needed were clothes, such as pants. He tears holes in them like they were nothin, probably because he's such a klutz which he takes after his mom. They're both about as surefooted as a mountain goat in quicksand. As for the memory, you must have been serious when you said it was like The Hangover.
    Pretty sure Star Wars figures beats Leapfrog! Well, as an immature adult, anyway.

• Selfie Expert

Well! Looks like we'll be getting a PS4! Luckily it's been a while since a new console has come out. For a while there it felt like we were buying a new system every year!

• we jumped out a window

I still have Star Wars figures and Transformers!

Sadly none of the SW figures I had as a kid survived but I still have Optimus Prime and a few other vintage Transformers.

Kids do seen to gravitate towards electronics though. I know way too many parents that bought ipads for their children.