Page 42 of 305 FirstFirst ... 173239404142434445526792142 ... LastLast

• mountains beyond mtns.

Re: OMG! Let's Talk On Lion!!

Kelly,

I already have this portable outlet that can charge 5 devices. It's a necessity when I'm at Comic Con and trying to reach a few friends especially since phone reception is horrible in there and thus very battery draining.

I know for certain that nurse did not use the test solution and I'd venture to say very few of ours do. I really, really regret not saying anything because later on in the day, that same nurse gave me a bunch of attitude. I was carrying an armload of formulas to her unit. Their station door was closed and can be opened by tapping your ID to it except my hands were full and so I stood there hoping someone in there would open it. Just my luck that Miss I Don't Use Control Solution opened it and condescendingly told me I could have opened it with my id.

I fired back with a "as you can see, my hands were full!" but probably should have taken it further with something about how those bottles might puncture (plastic) if I dropped them and it would be soooo much for her to clean up.

• Evil is Sexy

I want to "Like" this post. ^ Even though we aren't on FB. LOL.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    I hope you were able to get some rest or at least muster up enough energy to get through dinner! Where did you end up going to eat? Happy birthday to the kiddo!!!

Pretty sure Star Wars figures beats Leapfrog! Well, as an immature adult, anyway.
    I didn't get any. I had to go pick up my son from the bus stop shortly after I posted and later on, went back out to pick up the wife & go out to dinner at Olive Garden. We had a funny "Big Bang Theory moment" during dinner. After a stop at the mall, we came home and later on, I went to see the late/early showing of Fast & Furious 6. AWESOME MOVIE!!! Wrote a thread about it when I got home, mainly to talk about the scene after the credits which is a lead into the next (and final) movie. It had lots of eye candy for both the guys & and the girls. Guys kicking butt. Women kicking butt. And a BIG NAME for the next film made an appearance in that post credits scene. He's the next baddie and well, eye candy for the girls I believe. Here's the link to the thread, but warning - it contains Spoilers (for the post credit scene only. I didn't give anything away for the film itself.)

http://micechat.com/forums/micechat-...its-scene.html

Quote Originally Posted by brand42 View Post
    I still have Star Wars figures and Transformers!

Sadly none of the SW figures I had as a kid survived but I still have Optimus Prime and a few other vintage Transformers.

Kids do seen to gravitate towards electronics though. I know way too many parents that bought ipads for their children.
    None of my SW or Transformers made it to my adulthood. Or should I say to our move to Florida. Years ago, I gave all my Transformers (and Go-Bots) to my younger cousin. I simply outgrew them. And since I am not Sheldon, I didn't keep them in the boxes in mint condition. I was a kid, so I played with them and naturally they wore over time. Never owned a Prime though. As for my Star Wars, they did make it into my adulthood. But were primarily in storage till sometime in 2008. I had many action figures, as well as a few play sets that included the Millennium Falcon, X-Wing, Y-Wing, & Ewok Village among others. These were all Episode 4 through 6 stuff, long before the prequel trilogy. In 2008, I had to make a desperate decision while in a hard spot for money. They were all in pretty good condition (from a kid who played with them, of course) and I found a collector in LA County who bought every piece. Got about $450 bucks at the time for all of them, which went to bills. I think I even saw one of the playsets in a Toy, Puzzle, & Memorabilia store in South Coast Plaza in Costa Mesa sometime after it. I miss them & regret selling them. But I did what I had to do.
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

• mountains beyond mtns.

I'm not sure if I should even try to sleep since I'll be leaving really early for DLR

Quote Originally Posted by WildeNight View Post
    I want to "Like" this post. ^ Even though we aren't on FB. LOL.
    awwww thanks Susan! Opening a door for someone really shouldn't have to cause that sort of drama. And it's not like I was interrupting anything because she was just sitting there.

Quote Originally Posted by stitchfanocala View Post
    I didn't get any. I had to go pick up my son from the bus stop shortly after I posted and later on, went back out to pick up the wife & go out to dinner at Olive Garden. We had a funny "Big Bang Theory moment" during dinner. After a stop at the mall, we came home and later on, I went to see the late/early showing of Fast & Furious 6. AWESOME MOVIE!!! Wrote a thread about it when I got home, mainly to talk about the scene after the credits which is a lead into the next (and final) movie. It had lots of eye candy for both the guys & and the girls. Guys kicking butt. Women kicking butt. And a BIG NAME for the next film made an appearance in that post credits scene. He's the next baddie and well, eye candy for the girls I believe. Here's the link to the thread, but warning - it contains Spoilers (for the post credit scene only. I didn't give anything away for the film itself.)

http://micechat.com/forums/micechat-...its-scene.html

None of my SW or Transformers made it to my adulthood. Or should I say to our move to Florida. Years ago, I gave all my Transformers (and Go-Bots) to my younger cousin. I simply outgrew them. And since I am not Sheldon, I didn't keep them in the boxes in mint condition. I was a kid, so I played with them and naturally they wore over time. Never owned a Prime though. As for my Star Wars, they did make it into my adulthood. But were primarily in storage till sometime in 2008. I had many action figures, as well as a few play sets that included the Millennium Falcon, X-Wing, Y-Wing, & Ewok Village among others. These were all Episode 4 through 6 stuff, long before the prequel trilogy. In 2008, I had to make a desperate decision while in a hard spot for money. They were all in pretty good condition (from a kid who played with them, of course) and I found a collector in LA County who bought every piece. Got about $450 bucks at the time for all of them, which went to bills. I think I even saw one of the playsets in a Toy, Puzzle, & Memorabilia store in South Coast Plaza in Costa Mesa sometime after it. I miss them & regret selling them. But I did what I had to do.
    Too bad you had to part with that awesome collection. I had lots of the vintage figures but not a lot of vehicles - just a TIE Fighter and Snowspeeder. Oh and animal transportation - a Tauntaun.

I had a Tauntaun too, as well as a Rancor. An Imperial shuttle, an Imperial Hoth Base, Yoda's Dagobah playset, a droid factory from Episode 4 (this was one of the earliest toys released. We're talking WAY retro.) and an Imperial Scout Walker (the smaller two legged one.) I took it apart once to figure out how it worked and because it had a spring to push the button in back which operated the two legs, I could never get it to work properly again. The piece da resistance was two cases that held the action figures. One was Darth Vader, and the other was C3-PO. I so wanted the AT-AT, but never got it.
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

Oh almost forgot. That Big Bang Theory moment I mentioned earlier, relates to my favorite show and an episode that happened a few weeks ago during this past season. For those that watch it, Raj is an extremely shy guy who's having the toughest time finding a girlfriend while the other 3 guys (even Sheldon) are in relationships. He comes out of his shell to unite his other geek friends to have a night of their own at the comic book store. There he meets a very shy girl named Lucy who he impresses & who is even more shy than he is and they hit it off, going out a few times.

The episode in particular happened two weeks ago, the second to last episode of the season. Raj being the stronger one of the two tries to encourage Lucy to come out of her shell. He pressures her sometimes too much to where she escapes out a window & runs away. During the episode at a restaurant, Lucy tells him about her trying to do things that scare her. Her food isn't right and Raj tries to get her to complain to the waiter, but she refuses and runs off to the bathroom. She goes out the window, only to find herself trapped within a chain linked fence area & can't get out. At dinner last night, the cooks messed my wife's entree with her noodles being too dried out. I tried to get her to tell the waitress, but she completely refused not wanting to make a big deal being it was our son's birthday. I told her to anyways, she needs to eat, but she wouldn't and went to the bathroom. (See where this is leading up?) While she was gone (and unlike Raj) I informed our waitress and she took it back, & would get her a new one. Yes my wife did return, not going out the window. When she came back and saw her plate gone, she said "I knew you would do that." I told her what the waitress said and then reminded her of the episode. We both busted out laughing.

My funny night continued during the wait for the movie. I went by myself and had a nice rowdy crowd. One of the previews was for the new Wolverine film, in it has a very attractive "Yuriko", a female swordsman character from Wolverine's comics. The trailer was action packed of course, & once it was over there was a few seconds of quiet. I blurted out, saying loud enough for at least half the Regal theater to hear me "She can slice my bread anytime!" Several people busted out laughing!

• mountains beyond mtns.

^lol!! I saw that Big Bang episode. I've had moments from that show too like having a friend sing Soft Kitty to me

I'll have to see that Wolverine trailer again because when I saw it before IM3, it didn't seem too interesting to me.

Each trailer for Man of Steel is looking better and better. That absolutely NEEDS to be a great film that Kelly's husband will appreciate and settle our Batman vs Superman debate.

• Selfie Expert

Hahaha the Batman vs. Superman debate came up last night because I found a trailer for the new Arkham City game. You boys... I need to just drop you both off somewhere so you can have your battle and I'll go shopping or something!! lol

Susan - I'm constantly thinking to myself that I would love to have a "like" button on here!! There are so many posts where I'm just like "YES!!!" but I don't want to give it reputation because really I just agree with them, and I don't want to spam the thread with "This!" lol

stitchfan - Sorry, I'll be referring to you as that unless you choose to share your real (or fake) name lol. That stinks that you had to give up your toys. The responsibilities of adult hood can put a real damper on things!! And I'm the same way about sending food back. It's not really that I'm shy, it's that I don't want to make anyone mad and get spit in my food. My husband, on the other hand, is more like you and has no issue sending things back, especially when they're blatantly bad. Unfortunately, that's been the case the past few times we've been to Olive Garden (his favorite)!

Today I need to go to Walmart for a million things, then to the grocery store. We're having people over for dinner tomorrow, something we RARELY ever do. I just want to go back to bed!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• mountains beyond mtns.

So I'm killing time before my TOT fast pass window...

I wish I could play the Arkham City games but like most games, it's too dizzying for me. But all those villains that give Batman so much trouble, all Superman needs to do is give them a good punch or heat vision or flying them so high up that they black out.

I'll usually send food back but in cases where it's just a matter of them sending me the wrong order, I'll often convince myself that it's not so bad, I'll give that a try.

You can call me stitchfan, I have no problem with that. I love that little blue guy. Trust me, my real name is one of the way too common "M" names. Everytime I say it I always get told we have way too many of those names around here.

As for the toys our kids have compared to what we had back in the day, well I was just able to give something to my son that I had when growing up. When I was a kid, I had this big Disney made white "clamshell" box that opened like a book and was built to hold those Disney "Sing-along" or read along books with the cassette tapes. I would take those with me everywhere, especially when I went to stay at my grandmas. So needless to say, I had tons of Disney music to listen to as a child. Now though I don't have any of those anymore, I was able to put MP3's of Disney songs onto my son's Leapfrog Leappad and now he has many Disney songs - classic and recent - to listen to just like when I was his age.

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by brand42 View Post
    So I'm killing time before my TOT fast pass window...

I wish I could play the Arkham City games but like most games, it's too dizzying for me. But all those villains that give Batman so much trouble, all Superman needs to do is give them a good punch or heat vision or flying them so high up that they black out.

I'll usually send food back but in cases where it's just a matter of them sending me the wrong order, I'll often convince myself that it's not so bad, I'll give that a try.
    Oh how I miss ToT!!! SOOOOO much!!!!

I don't play games, but I really loved watching Sean play Arkham City. It was so freaking neat!

You can call me stitchfan, I have no problem with that. I love that little blue guy. Trust me, my real name is one of the way too common "M" names. Everytime I say it I always get told we have way too many of those names around here.
    I don't think we have any M names in here, yet!! I'll refer to you as Matt/Mike or stitchfan.

• Selfie Expert

Have you realized how expensive plates are? Holy moly!

I managed to get some new cups (since ours have cows and chickens on them because when we were 16 we thought it was funny... and I never upgraded to adult glasses... haha), placemats (our current ones are Batman and Strawberry Shortcake), and groceries. Still need to find dishes!

And I also just realized how incredibly childish my husband and I still are. And I'm okay with that!

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    Oh how I miss ToT!!! SOOOOO much!!!!

I don't play games, but I really loved watching Sean play Arkham City. It was so freaking neat!

I don't think we have any M names in here, yet!! I'll refer to you as Matt/Mike or stitchfan.
    Mike is fine.

• Selfie Expert

Mike is fine.
    You're the one and only Mike in here! So even if another comes along, you're the original.

I feel your pain on common names. At work, there are two of us Kelly's. She is called Kelly1 or K1, I'm Kelly2 or K2. Unfortunately, K2 has now become the name of a street drug... but since I'm a pharmacist it seems to have only encouraged people to call me K2 more often. I'm... uh... flattered?