Page 44 of 342 FirstFirst ... 193441424344454647546994144 ... LastLast

• we jumped out a window

Re: OMG! Let's Talk On Lion!!

Getting caught up on posts...

Glad you survived that close one, stitch fan.

About the RSR "goat" trick, there is no goat obviously but using the same principles as BTMR's goat trick, during the steepest curve of the race, look upwards into that rock formation that you're circling. Wayyyy more disorienting than BTMR.

Very briefly about yesterday/this morning, crowds got a lot worse after 9 pm or so though I was counting on that. I think they made a huge mistake of only distributing fast passes to cover their normal hours.

Unless I'm in a party that really wants to do so, I'm never going to attempt WoC and Fantasmic! in the same night again. Too much of an investment of energy and time to travel from one to another.

Past 3am, there were a few really short lines. It was so surreal riding them at 3 or 4 am but I rode Luigi's tires, Goofy's Sky School, Star Tours, Astro Blasters where I really sucked - couldn't focus, suffered loss of coordination and aim

Kelly, I haven't decided what I think of The Mickey Map show.

Alright I'm going to fall asleep, talk to you all later.

Yeah as I said I think on the previous page, or on the 24 Hour Even update thread, I believe a lot of people planned to go during the over night because its not often that anyone can. So to just go for the experience alone is reason enough for it to be crowded.

As far as Buzz Lightyear goes, you all still in Southern California with the Disneyland Resort should consider yourselves very lucky. Although a lot of what is here on the east coast has the tendency to be better, Buzz does not fall into that category. Now unless they've changed it since I was last there in 2011, the blasters on YOUR version are the free moving ones. You can actually pick them up, hold them in your hand and shoot at all the targets. Here in Florida, they are attached to the cars. And you cannot rapid fire the triggers like you can at Disneyland. So your scores and the game/ride overall SUCKS!!!! In my opinion at least it does, and I will NEVER be going on it again.

As for this morning, I am still a little shaken up. But I have a master bed to fix so I must get on that.
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

• Evil is Sexy

Hm... magic Yoda Ball? Ask him a question, shake him around and he'll answer it with a little die and window. I almost thought he looked like the little rubber/plastic hand puppet that I have, but his colors are a little different. The only Star Wars toy I have at our house is my 12" Darth Vader action figure. He's currently in our computer room, with a rubber band around his chest, since the rubber bands holding his arms in their sockets have long rotted away. It looks like we're holding him hostage.
    At my parents house, I have a Y-Wing, a Tie-Fighter, Millenium Falcon, Dagobah playset, Ewok playset (and one from the Ewok tv show), a whole Vader-head case of small action fingures (minus Yoda, he was stolen in high school) and a 12" Luke Skywalker.

Kelly, I would totally come to your house for dinner! And bring lots of tasties too!! I love making large portions of home-made food for parties and guests. Because I love to cook, I refuse to do any food service as a job. I don't want to become jaded and bitter. LOL.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

You got it! And he answers questions in typical Yoda format like "Uncertain I am." and so forth. Yes I had both the Vader head case and in C3-PO really was a head case in my house. <enter Anthony Daniels voice> "What did you say? I've never been so insulted in all my life!"
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

• Selfie Expert

Dang it! Well I figured out it was a magic 8 ball after the last clue! Really, I did!! lol

Close calls can be great reminders to live every day to the fullest. Glad you're okay!

Susan you can cook me a meal anytime! I'm not much of a cook at all... and definitely not a good housekeeper. Bleh.

Brandon it sounds like a ton of fun!! I really hope I get the chance to do an event like that at some point.

Back to chores.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Evil is Sexy

Not a good housekeeper, either. But I am trying to be better. My hubs wants our house to be ship shape with a showroom sparkle. Basically no clutter and ready for guests to drop by at any moment. They rarely do, but I've vowed to try to keep the house as clutter and fur-free as possible.
    He also loves the smell of chlorine and pine sol... while I love lavander, mint and cinnamon. LOL.

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

What my step mom in law got me into, Bath & Body Works. So the wife and try to get there when we can or when we run to get soaps and hand sanitizers. So nice to go in there and smell the new stuff. I have a few personal favorites. Thankfully, Pine Sol and Chlorine are not one of their many fragrances!!

Hey I was going to suggest a either a group or team name for us, thinking of the Gibson Girls until I saw that this thread is in that same area. But I thought of either calling us or this thread The Night Owls. Whatcha think? Or maybe even the Night Owl Insomniacs? Eh, eh?

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by WildeNight View Post
    Not a good housekeeper, either. But I am trying to be better. My hubs wants our house to be ship shape with a showroom sparkle. Basically no clutter and ready for guests to drop by at any moment. They rarely do, but I've vowed to try to keep the house as clutter and fur-free as possible.
    He also loves the smell of chlorine and pine sol... while I love lavander, mint and cinnamon. LOL.
    Chlorine and pine sol? I think I'm on your side with that one!! lol

Neither my husband nor I are especially good at keeping things clean... but we hate clutter and dirt. We do our best to keep it decent and have gotten much better lately. He's really stepped up with helping out around the house in the past couple of months.

Quote Originally Posted by stitchfanocala View Post
    What my step mom in law got me into, Bath & Body Works. So the wife and try to get there when we can or when we run to get soaps and hand sanitizers. So nice to go in there and smell the new stuff. I have a few personal favorites. Thankfully, Pine Sol and Chlorine are not one of their many fragrances!!
    I love Bath and Body Works!! I used to go in with my mom and stock up on SO much lotion and such during their sales. I haven't done that in forever, and I'm actually really bad about using lotion... lol

Quote Originally Posted by stitchfanocala View Post
    Hey I was going to suggest a either a group or team name for us, thinking of the Gibson Girls until I saw that this thread is in that same area. But I thought of either calling us or this thread The Night Owls. Whatcha think? Or maybe even the Night Owl Insomniacs? Eh, eh?
    Either works for me! So long as we keep OMG in the title as that was our "founding" name

• Selfie Expert

I took half an Ambien and slept HARD for four hours (yes, doctor approved occasional use). I think I've lost all tolerance to it which is great! Now I'm rested and ready to play host to our friends tonight. Hopefully the food turns out okay.

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    Either works for me! So long as we keep OMG in the title as that was our "founding" name
    Like....OMG, Its the Night Owls! (Only without the valley girl voice. Because this guy don't do that."

• Selfie Expert

Works for me! You can start the next thread when this one's done... only 1343 posts to go!! Better get chatty lol

And there's like what 4 of us on here? The Chicago Cubs will win a World Series by then.

Forever this will take. Talking lots we will need of.

• Evil is Sexy

Nah. I've started my Adult Beverage consumption for the evening. I'll probably post a bunch in between refills and playing SWTOR. LOL. Kelly knows I get chatty and loving once I have some drinks in me.

I hope your party is fantabulous, Kelly!!

Bath and Body Works - I can only be in there for about 15 minutes before I get a olefactory overload and have to leave or risk a migraine setting in. LOL. Too many smells all at once. They also stopped making my favorite bodywash/lotion/bodyspray a long time ago. Juniper Breeze. Luckily, I have a contraband bottle I hoard like a dragon and their treasure. I don't even know if it is any good anymore... it's now a bit yellow...

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.

Quote Originally Posted by WildeNight View Post
    Nah. I've started my Adult Beverage consumption for the evening. I'll probably post a bunch in between refills and playing SWTOR. LOL. Kelly knows I get chatty and loving once I have some drinks in me.

I hope your party is fantabulous, Kelly!!

Bath and Body Works - I can only be in there for about 15 minutes before I get a olefactory overload and have to leave or risk a migraine setting in. LOL. Too many smells all at once. They also stopped making my favorite bodywash/lotion/bodyspray a long time ago. Juniper Breeze. Luckily, I have a contraband bottle I hoard like a dragon and their treasure. I don't even know if it is any good anymore... it's now a bit yellow...
    Oh I know about smell overload. I bet you'll agree with this....Yankee Candle does the same thing!