Page 49 of 314 FirstFirst ... 243946474849505152597499149 ... LastLast

Re: OMG! Let's Talk On Lion!!

Quote Originally Posted by WildeNight View Post
    LOL. You sound like my husband. He does that for almost every game, if it isn't already provided for him somewhere. He loves spreadsheets and lists.
    A bunch of people have done it for this game. Its like one of those quest or sim games like Farmville or Gnome Town. You manage islands and breed dragons on them. There are like over 100 dragons to try for. Some you can "buy", most others you breed and there are a lot of combos, making the odds challenging. Some dragons are only available for a limited time. Its very fun & addicting. But like those other games, its also time consuming and takes a lot of patience. So while I'm waiting for some to breed/hatch, I made two sheets to keep track of what I have & want, and which ones to breed. Again, its very fun.
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

And let me say this. Toy cars & trucks that have all the lights & sounds are designed TO DRIVE PARENTS NUTS!!!! And the only people that buy them are the ones that buy them for other kids that aren't theirs!! UGH!! My wife's boss bought one present for our son for his birthday and it was a large Tonka police truck with 3 buttons on top that only have 3 very loud sounds. Not a toy for our small apartment. This woman has a history of buying our son toys that either don't work or are (for lack of a better term) obnoxious.
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

This one's for you Kelly, but also anyone who's interested. If you want to read more about Dragonvale before getting into it, check this site out. DragonVale Wiki

• Selfie Expert

If I have a slower shift tonight, I'll check out that link!

I couldn't sleep today, which means tonight will probably be a drag. Chugging some Dr. Pepper!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

I'm not sure if I'm gonna sleep tonight. Although I took one to help me sleep, I also took an antibiotic to help fight a toothache. And I hate how those things always make you so woozy in the head & stomach when you're taking them.

• Selfie Expert

I hate tooth aches... really anything to do with dentistry. Ugh. I hope you feel better and get some decent sleep!!

I'm about ready to fall asleep at my keyboard. 7.5 more hours of work to go!

• Selfie Expert

I have to vent about this -

A friend on Facebook posted the other day that a benefit of having epilepsy is he gets a front of the line pass at Disneyland for him and 5 friends.

It took all I had to not cuss him out, mention that if he has epilepsy that he probably shouldn't ride a lot of the rides, and unfriend him. Argh!!!!

• Selfie Expert

Can you believe tomorrow is JUNE?! The year is half over! Holy moly!

• mountains beyond mtns.

It took a mere 2 minutes at work for me to get a headache!

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    Can you believe tomorrow is JUNE?! The year is half over! Holy moly!
    Only 2 more weeks for Man of Steel! 3 more weeks for Monsters U! A month and a half for Comic Con!

Quote Originally Posted by brand42 View Post
    It took a mere 2 minutes at work for me to get a headache!

Only 2 more weeks for Man of Steel! 3 more weeks for Monsters U! A month and a half for Comic Con!
    Don't forget Despicable Me 2 and Lone Ranger for the 4th of July Weekend. Then Grown Ups 2 the following week. Wolverine and Smurfs 2 two weeks later. Planes August 9th, and the next Percy Jackson movie August 16th. Still quite a few to look forward to.

Kinda funny while at the story today, I was looking at this featured magazine for Superman and his history, a promotion for the new film. It looked at all the incarnations of Superman from TV, film, and comics. From the early comics & animated series, to the black & white Superman series, to the Christopher Reeve film franchise. To the Superboy series, Lois & Clark, Superman Animated Series, Justice League, and Smallville. And to animated films, Superman Returns and this latest incarnation. Even looking at failed attempts for other films. Quite a read. It showed a page of photos of all the actors who have donned the cape, and out of all of them, I have to say that Brandon Routh was probably the best looking out of all of them. Dean Cain looked way too corny.

So glad it's Friday! Darren and I are taking our dog to the beach for the weekend since there is a kite festival going in. He also made a high-speed kite winder for our kites. He's such a dork, but he's MY dork.

Why does it always rain when I need to do laundry?

• Evil is Sexy

Arg! Education time!
    Difference Between Nerd, Geek, And Dork - Going The Wong Way

I am a geek and have a bit of nerdiness. I never, ever want to be called a dork. Saaaaaaaaad panda.

I don't want to see half the movies listed above. Monsters U, Lone Ranger, Percy Jackson (maybe.) None of the others appeal to me. Though, I am happy they finally gave up and started calling the X-Men movies their proper name "Wolverine." *Never been a fan of him, I like Rogue.*

I agree about Brandon Routh. And I think his version was just fine. I have no idea why they're re-doing it... AGAIN. Kind of like the Spiderman movies. I liked the Tobey Maguire ones just fine. WTF movie people?! More original ideas and less remakes, revamps and reimaginings please.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

Quote Originally Posted by WildeNight View Post
    I never, ever want to be called a dork. Saaaaaaaaad panda.

I agree about Brandon Routh. And I think his version was just fine. I have no idea why they're re-doing it... AGAIN. Kind of like the Spiderman movies. I liked the Tobey Maguire ones just fine. WTF movie people?! More original ideas and less remakes, revamps and reimaginings please.
    Well, you know what they say about dorks. No one wants to be called a certain whale appendage. As for the remakes, well the Spidey films kinda went downhill after the first one. Or at least the 3rd one was horrible. And I think most people hated the writing of Superman Returns. It was supposed to be following the storyline from the Reeve films, set in the same continuity, just years after the last one. Which by the way was a horrible film. Superman 3 & 4 were hated by critics and fans alike. Part of the problem was that Richard Donner didn't return for 3 & 4, and was treated harshly by the producers. And it was in response to the producers that Gene Hackman didn't return to play Luthor in part 3, and that Kidder was reduced to a cameo. The producers didn't return for part 4, making it easy for Hackman & Kidder to return, but the film still bombed. Singer could have went for a complete revamp for Superman Returns, but he didn't. That's why this new one is a complete rebirth, retelling of the character.

And if this one can be successful, maybe there might be a fan desire to make more DC comics heroes and hopefully lead to a Justice League movie. I would totally geek out for that!!!

• mountains beyond mtns.

Quote Originally Posted by stitchfanocala View Post
    Don't forget Despicable Me 2 and Lone Ranger for the 4th of July Weekend. Then Grown Ups 2 the following week. Wolverine and Smurfs 2 two weeks later. Planes August 9th, and the next Percy Jackson movie August 16th. Still quite a few to look forward to.

Kinda funny while at the story today, I was looking at this featured magazine for Superman and his history, a promotion for the new film. It looked at all the incarnations of Superman from TV, film, and comics. From the early comics & animated series, to the black & white Superman series, to the Christopher Reeve film franchise. To the Superboy series, Lois & Clark, Superman Animated Series, Justice League, and Smallville. And to animated films, Superman Returns and this latest incarnation. Even looking at failed attempts for other films. Quite a read. It showed a page of photos of all the actors who have donned the cape, and out of all of them, I have to say that Brandon Routh was probably the best looking out of all of them. Dean Cain looked way too corny.
    On that list I'm probably only going to see Planes. And I'll have to look out for that Supes magazine! Btw, Justice League/Justice League Unlimited is one of my favorite shows period, never mind it being just an animated show

today is a really brutal day at work and I may not survive...