Page 50 of 322 FirstFirst ... 2540474849505152536075100150 ... LastLast

• Selfie Expert

Re: OMG! Let's Talk On Lion!!

I found out my tech is taking a job at another hospital that offers her more pay, more security, and day-time hours with no weekends. I'm super sad, we're really good friends and she's a good tech, and I'm pretty worried about who (or what) might replace her.

I'm always excited for various movies to come out, then never bother to go see them. I still want to see Iron Man and Star Trek, though I can already watch Iron Man on our AppleTV app but it's not great quality... I'll just wait for better quality to come out on that rather than paying to see it in theaters.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• we jumped out a window

Quote Originally Posted by stitchfanocala View Post
    Well, you know what they say about dorks. No one wants to be called a certain whale appendage. As for the remakes, well the Spidey films kinda went downhill after the first one. Or at least the 3rd one was horrible. And I think most people hated the writing of Superman Returns. It was supposed to be following the storyline from the Reeve films, set in the same continuity, just years after the last one. Which by the way was a horrible film. Superman 3 & 4 were hated by critics and fans alike. Part of the problem was that Richard Donner didn't return for 3 & 4, and was treated harshly by the producers. And it was in response to the producers that Gene Hackman didn't return to play Luthor in part 3, and that Kidder was reduced to a cameo. The producers didn't return for part 4, making it easy for Hackman & Kidder to return, but the film still bombed. Singer could have went for a complete revamp for Superman Returns, but he didn't. That's why this new one is a complete rebirth, retelling of the character.

And if this one can be successful, maybe there might be a fan desire to make more DC comics heroes and hopefully lead to a Justice League movie. I would totally geek out for that!!!
    The plan from Warner Bros is to have a JL film sometime in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by brand42 View Post
    On that list I'm probably only going to see Planes. And I'll have to look out for that Supes magazine! Btw, Justice League/Justice League Unlimited is one of my favorite shows period, never mind it being just an animated show

today is a really brutal day at work and I may not survive...
    I have every single episode of Justice League & Justice League Unlimited. And if you really like that show Brand, then you'll really like Young Justice. It focuses on the sidekicks like Robin, Aqualad, Superboy, & Kid Flash (amongst many others that are introduced throughout the 2 seasons) and it was SO much better than Teen Titans. Unlike Teen Titans, it doesn't focus on comedy or cheap animation. Its almost the same animation style as the animated feature Justice League: Doom and much more adult friendly. I would say it even has a more edgier feel than Justice League or JLU. And rather than separate stories each episode like Justice League seaons 1 - 4, its one continuous storyline in each season, actually linked between the two seasons. And it does feature many of the veteran "League" members, at least through season 1. The founding members are kind of written out for season 2 to focus primarily on the Young Justice squad who are used for covert missions because League members are too mainstream & public. There are even a few exciting episodes where the YJ members team up with members of the league. But I was highly disappointed to find out that it was cancelled after 2 seasons, to be replaced by a revamped Teen Titans. Especially after the way they ended season 2 with a big hook involving Darkside.

But at least I have every episode of that show as well.
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

The plan from Warner Bros is to have a JL film sometime in the near future.
    Yeah I know. Its just trying to find the right writers, cast & crew. And how to introduce them. They want to do what Marvel did and bring out the JL and give the majority of the founding members their own film. I guess it also goes based on how Man of Steel does at the box office & with the fans. One question I have is will they redo Green Lantern or will they keep that as part of the continuity and use Ryan Reynolds?
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    I found out my tech is taking a job at another hospital that offers her more pay, more security, and day-time hours with no weekends. I'm super sad, we're really good friends and she's a good tech, and I'm pretty worried about who (or what) might replace her.

I'm always excited for various movies to come out, then never bother to go see them. I still want to see Iron Man and Star Trek, though I can already watch Iron Man on our AppleTV app but it's not great quality... I'll just wait for better quality to come out on that rather than paying to see it in theaters.
    I don't think you have to worry about Star Trek. Its not getting good reviews & its kind of hated by the fans. Ever since it came out, I haven't seen another commercial for it.

I'm curious if either After Earth (also not a promising looking film, movie goers think its stupid) or Now You See Me (magic film with Jesse Eisenberg & Woody Harrelson teaming up again) will take the #1 spot this weekend. Or if either Hangover 3 will recover from last weekend or if Fast 6 will continue to dominate 2 weeks in a row. There is no other competition coming out this weekend.

• we jumped out a window

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post

Sadly that's how it is in hospitals.

This past week has been Nurses Strike Back week but today is Patients Strike Back day. Ugh.

I'm not still the only one of us that saw Iron Man 3 right? The more I think about it, I wish I could un-see it.

• we jumped out a window

Quote Originally Posted by stitchfanocala View Post
    I have every single episode of Justice League & Justice League Unlimited. And if you really like that show Brand, then you'll really like Young Justice. It focuses on the sidekicks like Robin, Aqualad, Superboy, & Kid Flash (amongst many others that are introduced throughout the 2 seasons) and it was SO much better than Teen Titans. Unlike Teen Titans, it doesn't focus on comedy or cheap animation. Its almost the same animation style as the animated feature Justice League: Doom and much more adult friendly. I would say it even has a more edgier feel than Justice League or JLU. And rather than separate stories each episode like Justice League seaons 1 - 4, its one continuous storyline in each season, actually linked between the two seasons. And it does feature many of the veteran "League" members, at least through season 1. The founding members are kind of written out for season 2 to focus primarily on the Young Justice squad who are used for covert missions because League members are too mainstream & public. There are even a few exciting episodes where the YJ members team up with members of the league. But I was highly disappointed to find out that it was cancelled after 2 seasons, to be replaced by a revamped Teen Titans. Especially after the way they ended season 2 with a big hook involving Darkside.

But at least I have every episode of that show as well.
    I've seen every episode of Young Justice (as well as Green Lantern Animated) even though Cartoon Network did so much to kill the series with such long breaks between episodes. I hope they'll collect the entire seasons on DVD or Blu ray so I can watch all the way through again.

Sadly I watched episode 1 of that new Teen Titans. I'd rather see the new TMNT show instead.

I'm not still the only one of us that saw Iron Man 3 right? The more I think about it, I wish I could un-see it.
    I saw it and I liked it.

I've seen every episode of Young Justice (as well as Green Lantern Animated) even though Cartoon Network did so much to kill the series with such long breaks between episodes. I hope they'll collect the entire seasons on DVD or Blu ray so I can watch all the way through again.

Sadly I watched episode 1 of that new Teen Titans. I'd rather see the new TMNT show instead.
    Didn't know it premiered already. I haven't been watching much television since the regular seasons ended. And especially since I found this new game. I too liked Green Lantern. I had a nice line up for a while on Saturday mornings on Cartoon Network with Star Wars Clone Wars, Green Lantern, Young Justice, AND Thundercats. (Till that show got cancelled too.) Yeah I think the long breaks killed the episodes. It was Disney's buy out of SW that ended the Clone Wars series. I had wondered what was going to happen once season 5 ended & if it would transfer to Disney XD. But then Disney pulled the plug. That magazine also featured a preview of the new CGI Batman series Beware the Batman.

And while I'm thinking it, about a year ago while all of that was on, I still had Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes & Ultimate Spiderman on Disney XD. So I'd DVR all of what was on Saturday & then after Avengers & Spidey recorded on Sunday, I'd watch them all together. Talk about geeking out.
    Last edited by stitchfanocala; 05-31-2013 at 05:44 PM. Reason: Because I'm an idiot and can't type

• Evil is Sexy

I also saw Ironman 3 and enjoyed it. I've enjoyed all the Avenger-related movies so far and looking forward to the S.H.I.E.L.D. television premier. Agent Coulson forever!!! Captain America is my favorite, though.

I think we're going to watch "Now You See Me" tomorrow. I've always liked Woody Harrelson since his Cheers days.

I enjoy the Marvel universe much more than the DC one. Once I figured out Batman was a rich ninja with toys, I left.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

Rich ninja with toys.

Just saw the preview for Planes on Disney Channel and it looks very funny.

• we jumped out a window

Crawling to freedom right now...

Add "brooding loner" and "cursed at relationships" to rich ninja with toys

Oh I just about peed my pants when I "squee'd!" Avengers Assemble, the replacement series for Mightiest Heroes premiers next month, and the first episode aired last Sunday. Time to set my DVR if I can catch it in reruns.

• we jumped out a window

^I saw it last Sunday. Not bad at all.

Alright time to rest and watch Transformers Prime..Kelly is going to admonish me for getting dehydrated today at work.

Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. is another one that is going to be lined up with Avengers. It debuts in August.