Page 54 of 301 FirstFirst ... 42944515253545556576479104154 ... LastLast

Re: OMG! Let's Talk On Lion!!

Well I got some good news today.....

I had a job interview scheduled this morning at 10:30 at a local call center near home. I went for the interview, only it didn't happen. Not officially, anyways. See it was at my old job that I got laid off at back in February for lack of work. They're an outsourcing company that just picked up a new large client. I left on good terms with the assurance that once the client finally came around, I would be back on providing I reapplied, which I did like two weeks ago. I went in for the interview this morning, not knowing what to expect, and spoke to the HR manager who called me over to her desk & proceeded to tell me that she doesn't need to go through the interview process and I start on the 24th with a 2 week training class!! Just had to refill out my background check paperwork and retake the drug screening and everything should be good to go! Woohoo!!

And plus I've got classes coming up in August/September and its a great full time job to have while going to school.

"Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

Congrats!!

• mountains beyond mtns.

Congrats stitchfan!

even for a Monday, it's really bad for me. I'm so worn down at work it's like the weekend never happened.

Just wanna say one thing before I put on some music for a while & relax.....

"Meega, nala kwishta!"
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by stitchfanocala View Post
    Well I got some good news today.....

I had a job interview scheduled this morning at 10:30 at a local call center near home. I went for the interview, only it didn't happen. Not officially, anyways. See it was at my old job that I got laid off at back in February for lack of work. They're an outsourcing company that just picked up a new large client. I left on good terms with the assurance that once the client finally came around, I would be back on providing I reapplied, which I did like two weeks ago. I went in for the interview this morning, not knowing what to expect, and spoke to the HR manager who called me over to her desk & proceeded to tell me that she doesn't need to go through the interview process and I start on the 24th with a 2 week training class!! Just had to refill out my background check paperwork and retake the drug screening and everything should be good to go! Woohoo!!

And plus I've got classes coming up in August/September and its a great full time job to have while going to school.

Congratulations!!! That's really exciting news!!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Selfie Expert

For some reason, I kept thinking that I would need to by blockout passes for Dapper Day because my pass expires the day before. It finally hit me that since my pass is expired, I will have to buy full price tickets. Holy moly, 1 day park hoppers will cost nearly $300 for the two of us! Hmm... Kind of makes me think we should just renew our APs, but then we would have to make two more trips before next September to make it worth it, and that's not very easy with a new baby... ugh. I need to win the lottery.

• Selfie Expert

Well I managed to figure out I shouldn't renew in September at least, since we wouldn't use it again until April at earliest which means an unsued pass for >6 months, which is essentially throwing away half the value of the pass which costs far more than buying our one day tickets.

I love when I can rationalize... though spending $300 for one day at the parks is not really rational, it's better than losing $500 from sitting on a pair of unsued passes!

I so wish I lived closer; I would TOTALLY buy APs and make good use of them. Bleh. I miss Disneyland already.

I hate spiders. I REALLY hate spiders. I mean I am scared to death of them and they really make my skin crawl. When I encounter one of the big ones, I'm on a nervous wreck for a while until it leaves my mind. We get them all the time here while living in central Florida, and the ones that seem to make it indoors the most are the Wood Spiders. These things look like a brown recluse but are like 10 times bigger than one. We had one come in are master bedroom over a year ago carrying an egg sack, which hatched moments later. We wouldn't have even known about it if it weren't for our cat. Our son usually notices these things first. We had a nice long streak without one coming inside, the last one being in our utility room that I first noticed and tried to take care of. I tried to spray it in the corner, but missed and couldn't see where it was until I heard pitter patter of little feet and saw it making a beeline right towards me. I eventually caught it and set it loose FAR outside.

Well that streak is over, for I just dealt with another one in our hallway. I was going to try to catch it to set it loose, and I eventually did. But couldn't put it outside for the sake that it's pouring outside right now. So I kept it in the container, but it curled up and died moments later for I had sprayed it in the process of trying to get it. It wandered into a closet area that would've made it difficult to simply catch, especially with my fear. Now it's been flushed.

Ugh I hate those things! Now I need a Xanax.

• Evil is Sexy

Aw. Most spiders are considered good luck in some cultures. They protect the area from other harmful insects and spiders. I always try to catch and release, should I discover a beneficial once in my home. If they get found by the cats first... well, oh well. Black Widows and Brown Recluses (have yet to have any) are on the "kill" list, though. When we lived in San Antonio, we actually had a nest of Mud Wasps in our backyard that we refused to destroy because they kill and eat Black Widows. I'm sorry they upset you so much.

Also - Congrats on your job reinstatment!!! Still working on mine, but the light is getting brighter.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

Quote Originally Posted by WildeNight View Post
    Aw. Most spiders are considered good luck in some cultures. They protect the area from other harmful insects and spiders. I always try to catch and release, should I discover a beneficial once in my home. If they get found by the cats first... well, oh well. Black Widows and Brown Recluses (have yet to have any) are on the "kill" list, though. When we lived in San Antonio, we actually had a nest of Mud Wasps in our backyard that we refused to destroy because they kill and eat Black Widows. I'm sorry they upset you so much.

Also - Congrats on your job reinstatment!!! Still working on mine, but the light is getting brighter.
    Thanks everyone for the praise on the new/reinstated job. Wilde, the spiders don't do anything for me except creep me out. They could at least try to keep the palmillas and the other cockroaches out, but they don't.

I don't know how everyone else's night is going, but I am BORED!!! It's been raining off and on today and tonight. It's not right now, but when it rains, the creepy crawlies come out and the crickets are definitely loud tonight. I can hear them with the windows closed.

• Selfie Expert

I also hate spiders, but they don't freak me out too much except for the widows, which we have plenty of. Luckily I haven't found one IN my house yet. We have scorpions, though, and those things send me into a meltdown almost every time I find one in my house. EVIL!!!

So... I guess I'm getting a new kitten tomorrow. The morning tech came in and showed me this kitten her mom found, it's got siamese type markings (which I've always wanted... not necessarily a pure Siamese but those markings are so cute!!), and it's so tiny and they were going to take it to a rescue. So my mommy impulses (I'll blame the hormones, though they probably didn't really make much difference) forced me to jump up and claim the kitten. She's bringing him (her?) to me tomorrow morning before I leave for the day. This will make 4 cats for us...

How cute. I hope the other cats accept the new one okay. They should be okay if you have 3 of them already. Siamese are gorgeous, but I think ragdolls are so much cuter.

• Evil is Sexy

I love cats. I have a Bengal and an Ocicat. Siamese are extremely vocal... so prepare yourself for a talkative, yowlly cat. All my fur-babies, below.

Name:  11779_637787252914995_1191414110_n.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  91.5 KB
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

• Selfie Expert

Your animals are all gorgeous!! I love that picture lol

I don't think it's a pure Siamese or anything. I'll post pictures of it tomorrow if I get a chance! The cats usually shun the newcomer for a few weeks, then warm up. Loki was the last newcomer, and he's the friendliest cat I've ever owned, so I'm curious how he will adapt.