Page 57 of 298 FirstFirst ... 73247545556575859606782107157 ... LastLast

• Selfie Expert

Re: OMG! Let's Talk On Lion!!

Accidents are so scary.

We had a driver side swipe us during a road rage incident (she was a psycho and hit us on purpose), then she drove off. The cops found her, but decided that the damage was small enough that she wouldn't have known that she hit us, so it wasn't a hit and run. And apparently she's somehow not responsible for damages. I'll never understand the legal system. No one is held responsible for their actions anymore. People get away with the wort things... whether it be car accidents, bullying, or just bad behavior in general... And they wonder why society is so screwed up.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

The cops would've had to have witnessed the scene to be able to seriously do anything. Otherwise it was just a case of she said/you said. A few years ago in California, I was at home in my apartment complex when these guys came over from the Buddhist temple next door came walking over onto the property. I witnessed one of the guys peeing on the wall in the corner. I tried to contact the police about it. They took forever to get to the scene and then did nothing because they didn't witness the act.
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

And I was typing the previous post, I heard this commercial from the other room. Ah, I love this one, gets me in stitches every time!

"Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

• mountains beyond mtns.

Kelly, my friend has the same phone case you do. Quite the trendsetter aren't ya?

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by stitchfanocala View Post
    The cops would've had to have witnessed the scene to be able to seriously do anything. Otherwise it was just a case of she said/you said. A few years ago in California, I was at home in my apartment complex when these guys came over from the Buddhist temple next door came walking over onto the property. I witnessed one of the guys peeing on the wall in the corner. I tried to contact the police about it. They took forever to get to the scene and then did nothing because they didn't witness the act.
    Had they actually considered where the damage was, etc, I think a case could have been made. Lesson learned - if you hit someone, drive away.

Quote Originally Posted by brand42 View Post
    Kelly, my friend has the same phone case you do. Quite the trendsetter aren't ya?
    You know it!

• Evil is Sexy

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    Had they actually considered where the damage was, etc, I think a case could have been made. Lesson learned - if you hit someone, drive away.
    That's what happened to my husband in April when our Caliber was totalled on the 5. Those MFers peeled away from the scene of the crime (almost causing another accident) and fled. Luckily, another sailor saw the accident occur and offered to be a witness. Cops were going to write my husband up as the one at fault, since he hit their rear/side. (Very long story, not going to write it now... we assume they were drunk and/or illegal drivers.) He decided to not file the report because it wasn't his fault, the witness even was there to say so.

Luckily, he's never had any tickets or accidents so the insurance company found him not at fault and gave us quite a bit of money for the car, which we owned free and clear for about 2 years.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

• Grim Grinning

Accidents are so scary.

We had a driver side swipe us during a road rage incident (she was a psycho and hit us on purpose), then she drove off. The cops found her, but decided that the damage was small enough that she wouldn't have known that she hit us, so it wasn't a hit and run. And apparently she's somehow not responsible for damages. I'll never understand the legal system. No one is held responsible for their actions anymore. People get away with the wort things... whether it be car accidents, bullying, or just bad behavior in general... And they wonder why society is so screwed up.
    What!??! Sorry, I know I've been gone a while, but I thought I'd check in. So I guess we can all do this now and claim we didn't know we hit them? good to know lol.

Saw this picture on a t-shirt at Wal Mart yesterday. Thought it was pretty funny.

Name:  Rebels #1.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  104.1 KB

• Selfie Expert

I ended up canceling the claim with our insurance. It really is a small dent, so it's not worth fixing. I just baby my car and can't stand seeing any flaw on her!

Amanda, you need to stop by more often! I miss you!

Mike that's an awesome shirt! I'm super jealous of all the great shirts they offer men at Wal Mart and Target. They never have decent nerd shirts for women at those stores. They're all... fashiony. I have to get my nerd shirts off TeeFury or Ript, or occasionally at Disneyland for a hefty price!

• Selfie Expert

I'm watching the Avengers and trying not to think about the fact that I really need to get ready for work. I've always loved this movie, but I forget all the witty remarks in it. So great!

I also have a sleeping tiny kitten next to me, which makes it even more difficult to get off the couch and get ready.

Mike that's an awesome shirt! I'm super jealous of all the great shirts they offer men at Wal Mart and Target. They never have decent nerd shirts for women at those stores. They're all... fashiony. I have to get my nerd shirts off TeeFury or Ript, or occasionally at Disneyland for a hefty price!
    Just because they're men shirts doesn't mean they have to be worn exclusively by men. But if you're still preferential, you can try this site. Has plenty of Big Bang Theory stuff and tons of others.....

ThinkGeek :: Stuff for Smart Masses

• Selfie Expert

I don't like the fit of men's shirts, unfortunately. I love Think Geek! Just a little pricey, and not as convenient as going by my Target (I like to try things on, so am not a huge fan of purchasing online).

• Selfie Expert

Sad to see the Hawks won and are heading to the Cup. I'll be cheering for the Bruins!!

There's also fye.

• Grim Grinning

Yes, I know I need to be around more lol. I'll try! I miss you too!